New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Lorna, don't despair! :hugs: (why don't we have a smiley for this here?)

Me: 9 - LNS: 5

Wednesday was excellent (dinner at 8, strong afterwards). Last night I had dinner late (kinda leftovers from my 6:30 p.m. meal, but I figured that was too early to call it dinner), so again not a 100% clean point, but I'll take it :wink: and be stricter tonight.

Wednesday night gave me the feeling I was in control again and felt good - thanks to all who have encouraged me (again! :wink:)

I love it how active and supportive this group has turned out to be this month :happy:.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea tends to work for me with a little squirt of agave nectar in the evenings. I have to be in the mindset though. A week in and my weight is down by quite a bit. Happy days :tongue:
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wholeheartedly agree that this is a great support group with a lot of great ideas. Recently [over the last 3 days] :smile: , I've tried changing meals from the traditional three to 6 spread evenly throughout the day. Not feeling the overwhelming need to binge at night, though can honestly say I don't feel truly satisfied either.
    Me: 6
    LNS: 4
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Everyone is doing great--half the month is done! I hope everyone finishes strong!

Me: 8*
    LNS: 1
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    Grrrrrrr, another point to LNS last night. I was too stressed from dealing with my daughter's dance rehearsals/upcoming recital and I just BOMBED at the "planning" part of my day. So, there I was, munching on cherries and Stacy's pita chips (YUM, YUM) right before bedtime.

Me: 12
    LNS: 2
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    LNS-0
    Me-3! Only 18 days to go to hit three weeks...will then see how scale reflects my eating less at night. I already feel better!!!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes, this sounds like the challenge for me. Many days I eat the majority of my calories after 9 pm as snacks. I still usually stay under my daily limits, and always under my weekly, but I'd like to have a more balanced approach to my calorie intake. Going to try to spread them out earlier in the day, and cut off the late night munching!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    June 12...Me - 0 LNS - 1 (Couldn't resist the Cheez-its)...No more!!!
    June 13...Me - 1 LNS - 0 (Yay) :drinker:
    June 14...Me - 1 LNS - 0
    June 15...Me - 1 LNS - 0

Total: Me - 3 LNS - 1

I just got in from babysitting my two grandchildren while my daughter and SIL went to an A's game...The A's won...Yay! Pretty tired...but managed NO LNS again!! I *am* determined.

Everyone is doing AWESOME. Tonight I am soo tired I will just get to bed...no perusing the boards LOL. No temptation thank goodness. Will check in tomr.

Hugs Deb
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Post dinner snacking for me equals poor choices. It is like you have some calories left what can you sneak in before bedtime. This is a good challenge for me. Until I make good choices, I accept this challenge and will not snack after 8. Will have a decaf tea.
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 9*
    LNS: 1
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 10* - LNS: 5

Beeps, I'm sure you'll be back on track tonight ;). I've seen you around for quite some time now, enough to know what you're capable of ;). As for the 2 points, they only mean you'll do this again in July, so that you can improve your scores :wink:.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    June 12...Me (0) LNS 1 (Could not resist those Cheez-its)
    No more!!!
    June 13...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 14...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 15...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 16...Me (1) LNS - 0

Total: Me (4) LNS - 1

I'm exhausted today...up early...going to bed now...see everyone tomorrow...Stay Strong!
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This can make such a HUGE difference... but it is SO hard for someone who loves a late night bag of popcorn or bowl of ice cream (me). I would definitely classify myself as a late nigth snacker, but it is such a bad habit. I am committing to cutting myself off at 8pm. No exceptions! :)
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just joined, so it looks like I missed the first half of the month challenge... lol! I don't care! I'm going to jump on board and make this a forever thing. :-)
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me 7
    LNS 4

Though I'm not sure that eating poorly all day while staying within calories and not snacking constitutes a win.:ohwell: Today is anew day!
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 9
    LNS: 2*

We had friends over for a game night last night. I have no guilt over it. at. all. But I will still count it towards LNS.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me- 14
    Lns 2*
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options

I am hardpressed tonight not to eat something...so I've reverted to scanning the Community Posts for friends who need motivation and are willing to give back. Found some good advice to drink peppermint tea. So searched my tea stash and found ONE BAG. I will get to the store tomorrow to get more if it satisfies my craving to eat. Fortunately, I love tea...but lately...I have been drinking the caffeine type and it has been keeping me awake! . THANKS for listening...I've made it through tonight...soooo far!!!!:smile:

Thanks :flowerforyou: karenleona :flowerforyou: You are sooo encouraging. This is the place to be late at night when fighting the urge to snack.

Thanks EVERYONE for your posts...I am VERY encouraged. I am sipping my Mint Tea as I continue reading... :love:

:drinker: Debbie

great plan to drink tea at night....i do that as well as i find it takes some time and i feel satisfied after and no need to eat anything!! when i am really stuggling i like to come on here and read the success stories to keep me motivated!!
    keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 11* - LNS: 5

Watch out, people, I am growing strong :wink:. Zaza, are you still around to see this? :smile: or did you get carried away by family events? Looking forward to your posts :).

Btw, the * marks who got the points the previous night.
  • HYP1317
    HYP1317 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in- joining late in the month 8pm cutoff time