New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 8
    Lns 0

last night and tonight were tough but so far so good
  • laulamoo
    laulamoo Posts: 13
    Options
    Count Me IN!

I think the biggest thing for me is not about eating at a certain time of day (because I'm sure it hasn't got as much to do with WHEN as WHAT! :)) but I do find my biggest problem is eating when I'm tired, or eating when I'm actually thirsty and for me that is at the end of the day. In the morning if I'm refreshed I don't need much food during the day but the busier the day, the more I want to eat!

So...my cut off will be 8:30pm on not so tired nights and 8pm on tired nights!!
  • lucywantstoloseit
    Options
    Oooh me too please?

Cut off time of 9pm I'll go for. Can we still drink water after this time?

So how is this going to work? Daily reports?

Oooh excited.

xxx
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 0

Going well so far!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 9
    Lns 0

good work gmukris!!! keep it up!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 5 - LNS: 4
  • ashiefaith
    Options
    im in.. this is my worst thing.. I can follow my calories and do good.. but around 7 or so.. i want to eat constantly.. and with my bf working late and not getting home until after 1 am... its hard to watch him eat and my just sit there lol.. but im making a commitment.. no food after 8
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I did get up and eat something last night--but it wasn't mindless and uncontrolled snacking--I was really hungry and unable to sleep. I had some dried fruit and nuts, ate slowly, then brushed my teeth and went back to bed. I recorded it until today's food. I will count this as half for me, half for LNS for yesterday. It's 10:44PM now, so my eating is done for today. This is really different for me--I have 284 cals left and ordinarily I would eat all of them--no matter what time and no matter if I was even really hungry or not. I'm not hungry now, but I know I would have eaten just because I "could". So, thinking positively about tonight my count is:
    Me: 2.5
    LNS: .5

This is really perfect timing for me! Thanks to all for keeping me accountable and mindful.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 6* - LNS: 4
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 7*
    LNS - 3

Even though I ate late, I am counting is as a success as I didn't eat anything after I was done (couldn't even finish my dinner).
  • nooo_47
    nooo_47 Posts: 14
    Options
    Count me in also I will have my cut off time at 2am when I am working nights and 8pm when I am on a normal day schedule. I will also try to commit on not eating while I am reading a book, on the computer or watching a TV. But the true challenge for me will be not munching after I have had a couple of lite beers sitting on the back patio
  • heliaz
    heliaz Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm all in. My cut off time wil be at 9pm
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just about managed to get through the weekend without snacking. And on the whole it was healthy stuff. A small slice of a custard and jam tart on Saturday at work. Last night, I was planning on eating out with my husband as I had not seen him all weekend. We couldn't eat until 9pm which is really late for me and I ate a lot! I was over on calories but hey ho, once in a week is fine, I only have 2kg to go. My scoring then is

LNS : 0
    Me: 5

Over eating: 1
    Me: 4

I start nights tonight. I will probably eat some porridge about 5am, then a banana and do my best to not stuff my face unnecessarily before bed. :bigsmile:
  • skinnyjuu
    skinnyjuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have insomnia so I often sleep in and wake up late afternoon so I can't set a certain cut off time. However, I'll restrict my 'late' night snacking by not eating ten hours after my first meal provided that I get my 1200 calories at the end of the day.

Me:
    LNS:
  • nathaliasmommy
    nathaliasmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Late night baker here!!! OK so it varys when i go to bed (full time job and two kiddies and two dogs) its anywhere in between 10pm-12am... I like to bake my kiddies cookies, cupcakes in the evening just for them to munch on and take as apart of their school lunches.
    So i have a habit of looking for lower fat and carb receipes-(probably snacking as im looking at all those food pictures!)
    So i bake after supper and when its all done its like 8 or 9 and I work out the calories on everything so then i just figure ill have one or maybe 2 of what ever it is im baking since usually it have calories left over from the day
    Its probably not good to be eating sugary cake stuff so late in the evening
    So my goal is to not have anything except for water after 8 PM!!!
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have totally fallen apart......I think I need to change my terminology from snacking to grazing. Trying to rein everything back in is the challenge. :sad:

Me: 3
    LNS: 4
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 5

Now I'm starving for breakfast...must go eat!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    A few transgressions...:grumble:
    Me: 7
    LNS: 3
    Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Me: 10