New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    LNS and snacking in general : 0
    Me : 1

After a long weekend of buffets and Jubilee treats the mindless munching is over. Lots of healthy meals. I go to bed so chuffed when I know I have not over eaten for a day
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    xTwk- this may not be the right thread for you but it seems to work for us getting a handle on unhealthy eating late at night. That is all it is for. We look for and give support, not confrontation and each of us takes whatever scientific information that is shared and uses what works for them. there is no panacea for weight loss

Me 5
    Lns 0
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    xTwk- this may not be the right thread for you but it seems to work for us getting a handle on unhealthy eating late at night. That is all it is for. We look for and give support, not confrontation and each of us takes whatever scientific information that is shared and uses what works for them. there is no panacea for weight loss

Me 5
    Lns 0

I apologize for trying to educate people on MFP on how unhealthy not eating late at night can be on our bodies. I wasn't trying to cause a confrontation, I was trying to HELP people. I understand that people who eat at night usually binge and it results in unhealthy eating and weight gain, so I can understand this idea of not eating after a certain time. But I also understand how unhealthy and counter-intuitive that can be on the body and I was just trying to express that.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 4
    LNS - 2*

It was a conscious decision to give in. Shame on me...
  • bigjax1
    bigjax1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    cannot commit to a time as I work shifts ... on an early I can say 8pm

but on a late dont get in till 10pm and I may be hungery... dont always get a break at work so may not have eaten since 1pm so a cut off time then would be torture

so I commit to 8pm on the days when I am not doing a late but that night I will go for a half meal
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Way to go karenleona!! Keep it up:flowerforyou:

lulabellewoow,I know how it is and I also know you can do this. You won't let one little night derail you.:wink:

As for me, this challenge is keeping me honest so I don't let the floodgates open late at night with mindless snacking. Thanks for all the support here!

Me: 5
    LNS: 1

Zaza
  • monrizz90
    monrizz90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this for my entire life. It's probably my biggest downfall. Yesterday I did two workouts, ate healthy, felt great. Then last night I decided to munch on two hot dogs. Ugh...I feel pretty terrible. But it happened. I can only improve from here.

My cutoff will be 8pm. No exceptions.
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My cutoff time is 8 pm starting now!
  • kalajean
    kalajean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

My snack was over 100 calories, and about 9:00 at night, after my workout. But after my workout I had about 170 calories left for the day, so I ate a healthy snack to get me closer to my daily goal. I ended about 8 cals under my goal.

There were a few times I really wanted to snack last night, but knowing I was in this challenge kept that food out of my mouth :happy:
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Me-2
    LNS-0

Doing well. I had some tea before bed last night and wasn't too hungry :)
  • blkanmld
    blkanmld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im in on this one. I get tired of eating well through the day to only lose out the last few hours by snacking on my kids snacks!! Cut off time 830!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Hello, I very rarely join board discussions, but this challenge is most definitely for me--I'm sorry I'm a week late, but I'm commited to finishing June STRONG. I sabotage myself so many nights and I need to start being accountable.

I go to bed early, so my cut off time is going to be 7 PM. And last night I did NOT snack after dinner, so I'll consider myself started as of yesterday.

Me: 1
  • ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 1

I've really been making a concious effort not to snack and i'm doing it. One downfall but i wont beat myself up over it. I even had carmel on my fingers the other night when i was packing snacks and i washed it off instead of licking it! I heard the voice say "this wont hurt" then I ran to the sink!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    ddamore- such great self control!!!

@beeps- you're on!!

Like Lalajean, this challenge helps to keep me on track when i want to binge late int he evening for no reason in particular.....could be boredom, loneliness, pain, feeling useless or just knowing there is something yummy to eat that will put me well over my calories!!
    so thank you to everyone here!!!!

Me 6
    LNS 0

karen
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 3 - LNS: 3*
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 5
    LNS - 2*
    Tonight's my late night...
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me: 5
    LNS: 2

Disappointed. I completely forgot about the challenge since I was aggravated while helping my nephew w/his resume and a cover letter last night and I had 2 sips of wine.:grumble:
    Zaza
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My cut off time will be 8. I keep trying to stick to this rule but its hard when your husband is eating chips right NEXT to you. Its going to be a hard challenge but ill keep all of you in the back of mind when i want to put my hand in that bag :-)
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 2

My cut off is 7 PM and very typically by 7:05 I was thinking about food, but I stayed strong!