New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• trott27
    trott27 Posts: 34
    Options
    This is such a great challenge! I realize I'm a little late, but I hope it's ok if I join in!

My cut off time is 8pm. I'm usually in bed around 10pm.

I have the worst time with snacking right when I get home from work(around 5:30pm) and after dinner.
    Any tips?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    "washed off the carmel"??? - Now THAT takes DISCIPLINE!! Congrats!!

Me: 7
    LNS: 0

I think I really *like* the ZERO in the bottom position, lol!!

:smile:
  • kalajean
    kalajean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me: 2

Again, this challange has helped me out. Last night I had class so I ate dinner while there, but stayed pretty healty considering it was from a coffee shop. Typically after class I would come home and help myself to a helping of what everyone else had for dinner, but I didn't! I also didn't get the very yummy sounding cookies and cream blended coffee because I didn't even want to know how many calories it was and I knew it would ruin my entire day...so I stuck with water!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Me-3
    LNS-0

Wasn't craving anything last night which is new. Maybe it will continue.
    Good job guys!
  • aleasemadee
    aleasemadee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'll make my cut-off time 7:30pm for now.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest downfall--I can get great workouts in, make excellent choices all day long and then I find every reason in the universe to eat "just that" and "just that" turns into a full-on binge with me promising to "start again the next morning"...if I never gave myself permission to binge with the promise to start again, I wouldn't have needed to lose weight in the first place. So, I'm in. I struggle with this every single night and so I'm going to post my record every single morning. I hope that it becomes a fixture in my life and not just a temporary fix.
    My cut-off time will be 9PM since we eat dinner late.
    Thanks!
  • tdyer10
    tdyer10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! 9:00 pm will be my cut-off...
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    hang in there dewdrop and zaza...you will be pulling ahead as of tonight, right??

way to go DrG3n3 and beeps with perfect records so far. And to everyone else for giving it there best. Sorry i did not have time to read through everyone's post
    last night was really hard for me as i was upset at being alone and had to work very hard to stay out of the kitchen. But i thought of this thread and refused to give in

Me 7
    Lns 0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 4* - LNS: 3

Thanks everyone for their support! :flowerforyou:

Btw, small correction: my cut-off is dinner, but I am trying to make that happen at 8 p.m. :smile:
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Me; 3

LNS; 0

I've gone 3 days without snacking at all. Snacks have always been my downfall. I could easily eat 400-1000 cals a day in unnecessary snacks. I feel so much happier with myself when I go to bed knowing I have not over stuffed myself in the day.:laugh:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me; 3

LNS; 0

I've gone 3 days without snacking at all. Snacks have always been my downfall. I could easily eat 400-1000 cals a day in unnecessary snacks. I feel so much happier with myself when I go to bed knowing I have not over stuffed myself in the day.:laugh:

hooray for you!! keep it up!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 6*
    LNS - 2

SUCCESS!!!
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok, I joined in a few days ago. I talked to my Dr about my strategy for weight loss, and was very surprised at his response. Healthy choices are always the right way to go, but the time of day doesn't affect weight loss! I was skeptical, so I did some research for myself, and actually asked a nutritionist about it. Eating before bed does NOT make u gain weight. Now, that doesn't mean the tub of ice cream or bag of oreos is a free.for all (her words). A healthy snack is perfectly fine before bed. Protein is better, as it helps the muscles. I'm not gonna go into detail, research it.for yourself. Good luck tho, if u still choose to not snack. I wish everyone the best of luck in their journey!!
  • fuck3you4LL
    Options
    am in. late night snackers has been my biggest problem.
    my cut off is 7.00 PM.

Hope I can make it this time.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 3

Yay--didn't even feel hungry last night. I think it's mostly my brain telling me I'm hungry at night when I'm really just bored.
  • catniss
    Options
    Me: 1
    Although, much of it had to do with the fact that our family slept in our treehouse last night and I didn't want to get out of my warm sleeping bag and trek across the wet grass....well, whatever works, right?
  • kalajean
    Options

Still thought about it a lot, but felt good to say no!
  • kalajean
    Options
    Ok, I joined in a few days ago. I talked to my Dr about my strategy for weight loss, and was very surprised at his response. Healthy choices are always the right way to go, but the time of day doesn't affect weight loss! I was skeptical, so I did some research for myself, and actually asked a nutritionist about it. Eating before bed does NOT make u gain weight. Now, that doesn't mean the tub of ice cream or bag of oreos is a free.for all (her words). A healthy snack is perfectly fine before bed. Protein is better, as it helps the muscles. I'm not gonna go into detail, research it.for yourself. Good luck tho, if u still choose to not snack. I wish everyone the best of luck in their journey!!

For me, I'm not trying to stop eating at a time because I think the time of day that I eat is important. I just know that my downfall is to eat good and healthy all day long and then have that free for all you are taking about at night that puts me way over my calories for the day. So, I'm putting the time cutoff on myself just because there is never any good, healthy snacking that comes out of my late night snacking!
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LNS: 2
    Bummer :( Not sure why I feel the need to go on a snacking binge if I have a good weigh in. Back on the wagon.
  • catniss
    Options
    It's 10:45PM and I stopped eating just before 9PM--we had a very late dinner--I went over today which is usually the trigger for binging which always happens at night---so this is a great time to have begun this challenge. I am strong and know that I can do this tonight. I'm just going to worry about tonight--no, not worry, just be done eating for tonight.