New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm joining late, but I'm in too now. Today is my first day. I need to stop all eating between meals. But no food after 7.30pm.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Found this on another thread and thoughts it totally applied to us

jh908o.jpg
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    As long as it's ok to be a few days behind, I'm in! Cut-off time is 8:30 for me 6 days a week. Often on Saturday's I don't eat dinner until very late, so this gives me a buffer day :)
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me:3
    LNS:1

I thought about snacking last night, but knew I'd be too embarrassed to admit losing out to LNS so I stayed strong and avoided the kitchen. Thank goodness for this challenge and all of you.

Dewdrop,I know from the past that you can do this. I'll be looking for improvement in your reporting. You know I like friendly competition.:wink::flowerforyou:

Let's do this everyone!
    Zaza
    PS. lulabellewoow,I like the smiley face chart - it is so true and so fitting and encouraging for this challenge (and life).
  • lorwow
    lorwow Posts: 2
    Options
    Me: 0 LNS: 4

I haven't been keeping track so I only think it's fair to assume I've late night snacked every night so far. I really like this idea, though, and hope you don't mind if I join! Late night snacking is definitely one of my downfalls. I'm going to make it a goal to not eat past 8pm.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in this, even though I am late in starting. One of my downfalls is late night snacking. My cut-off will be at 9:00 for now and I would love to be able to slowly move it back as I progress. Most nights, me and my son go swimming at the gym and don't get home until 8:30 so that will give me half an hour to get a small snack.

I would also like to join the other previously mentioned imaginary "go to bed earlier" thread. I have to start going to bed by 11:00. I keep staying up late and am not able to get up in the morning. Today I am sitting at work about to go to sleep at my desk, not to mention the migraine that I woke up with, and I didn't even drink last night :yawn:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 0

I'm on a roll.....for the first time, EVER, I'm going to try and keep that "0" in the LNS spot as LONG as possible. Wonder how long I can keep the streak going??
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am pleased to report that I beat the late night munchie monster again last night!!! Yay! My meals tend to be much later than many people, so I have to be careful not to overeat at dinner, too. Last night was a good night. Thanks OP for starting this thread/challenge!
  • leanne2376
    leanne2376 Posts: 217
    Options
    My cut off time is 8pm and then in bed by 11pm the latest, the longer i stay up the more of chance i have of eating.

I am good thru the day it's the night time i get weak.

I have also noticed that when i have had alcohol, the following day i tend to binge and it is because i am hung over.

I will have to stop drinking completely until i have lost all the weight - i want to lose approx 20kg / 44lbs.

I have also given up smoking again, this also effects my cravings.
  • becaholic
    becaholic Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'll make mine 7. I read some articles a while back, they all said around 7 is a good time. Hopefully they are right because I usually work out at night and then I get the munchies like cRAzY!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in. Counting today as number 1 since I never set up a time before. Calling mine @ 9pm sharp!!
  • jladyj
    jladyj Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm in, my cut off time will 8pm that will stop me snacking
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im in :D my cut off is 8pm.

xx
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    I eat dinner at 6 pm, so I will make my cut off at 8:30. I struggle with this so bad! Last night I had grapes and two pieces of chocolate right before bed. By committing to all of you, I will do this and hopefully, finally reach my goal!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 4
    Lns 0

went to a fitness class last evening but got back andhad my yogurt and blueberries before 9 pm!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers :flowerforyou:!!!

Lorna, maybe we can take the smile chart for a logo? I love it!
    Dewdrop,I know from the past that you can do this. I'll be looking for improvement in your reporting. You know I like friendly competition.:wink::flowerforyou:

Thank you, Zaza! :love: Watch out, I'm getting stronger and if you slip once, we'll be even! :tongue: :wink:

Beeps was right, going to bed early does help :smile:
    Me: 3* - LNS: 2 (can't believe it's the 6th of June already. In fact, I can hardly believe it's June already!)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 4*
    LNS - 1

Decided to go to bed early so as to not eat late, Then ended up being woken up at 9:30 p.m. and was soooo hungry. But I just took a huge swig of water and remained in bed reading until I fell asleep. Success for me. NOW my stomach is definitely grumbling. Time to feed the beast.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Ugh I soooo feel like just eating right now :( its 1:40AM and I have like 200 calories left but I feel like pigging out just this one day and don't think I'm gonna make it lol >.< I guess its okay to fall sometimes ;_; I will get back on track tomorrow though >:D
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    WOW, so much misinformation going around on these forums, it's quite sad. It's a MYTH that you need to stop eating late at night, by cutting off your food intake you're depriving your body of nutrients while sleeping and causing your body to go into a catabolic state...

Obviously if you plan on having some greasy fries with a bag of doritos that's not a good option for late at night. But there's definitely nothing wrong with a meal of tilapia and broccoli before bed...