Food you thought you hated, but now Love

Options

Replies

• Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    broccoli and bananas. For me, it's always been a texture thing. Bananas were always too mushy, but I've found if I cut them in pieces I really like them.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I pretty much still hate the same things i hated as a child...
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Greek yogurt - to an extent. I still don't get the love affair with the stuff. It's just so thick and gaggy! But I finally found one I can tolerate and actually really enjoy - voskos honey vanilla bean. It's all natural and the perfect mid-morning snack, with a tablespoon of bear claw granola mixed in.

Now Chobani - blechhhh! Have yet to find a flavor of that I can stomach.

Luckily, I've always been a fan of the presumably gross green veggies - spinach, lima beans, brussels sprouts. Of course, I grew up on malt vinegar, so a little malt vinegar on any green veggie works for me, especially since I will no longer be having delicious french fries with malt vinegar.

Try the chobani with half a banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 1c silk milk (try the light vanilla) and blend it...AWESOME. Lots of protein, good fats, and natural carbs :)
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Blueberries
    Lobster
    Crab
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes
    Brussell Sprouts

Now I love, love, love them!

Still hate Peas (except for fresh) and Lima Beans! Gross
  • MsNursey33
    MsNursey33 Posts: 37
    Options
    Oatmeal,squash and brussel sprouts.....Wanting to try avacado havent worked up the nerve yet!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal,squash and brussel sprouts.....Wanting to try avacado havent worked up the nerve yet!

Avacado doesn't really have alot of flavor. It's really more about the texture. If you like a soft, creamy texture, you'll like avacado. I like it diced on salads, as a spread on sandwiches (in place of mayo), or as a dip for corn tortilla chips.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, I used to hate them, now I eat loads, and blue cheese, when I was a kid I couldn't stand the stuff, now I really love it and can eat it on it's own! :laugh:

Me too! I still don't really care for the canned button mushrooms, but I eat sauteed baby portabellos almost everday (actually, multiple times a day, if I have them at home). The first time I had blue cheese, I was at a Christmas party and it was served on my steak (that was just them meal they served). So I tried it, and I really liked it. Then I started trying blue cheese dressing, and I liked that too. I don't eat it much, but I do like it. That got me to try Gorgonzola (the name just grossed me out before), and I love that too:) I'm sure there are other things, but this is what I can think of right now.
  • blackjax007
    Options
    Spinach and turkey bacon.
  • losingthehealthyway
    Options
    Peas!! I absolutely hated them as a kid but now I'll add them to just about ANYTHING. :)
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts...I have them at least twice a week now. Grilling them is the best!
  • CristaA42962
    CristaA42962 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Avacado, Sour Cream, Almonds.
  • aml0513
    aml0513 Posts: 20
    Options
    tempeh, avocado, brussels sprouts and asparagus. lol, one of my new fave meals is steamed asparagus with lots of lemon and vegan cheezy sauce made from nutritional yeast. sooooo good.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Salad, cucumbers, peanut butter, yogurt and almonds.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Blueberries - yep. Hated them until last summer.

Asparagus - Again, tried it again last summer, & now I kinda like it. Barbecued with a little butter? mmmmm....

Cucumber - Oh, I thought it was disgusting. I wouldn't sit & eat a whole one now, but I no longer pick it out of my salads in restaurants, & I've even BOUGHT one to put in my salads.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Onion and cottage cheese.... not together, of course. :wink: I still have a bit of trouble eating raw onion, but I love them grilled, carmelized, and in pico. I used to think cottage cheese was :sick: , but now, I've found it's a wonderful filling and protein rich snack! Yay!

I actually make a meal involving cottage cheese, onions, and noodles lol. Made it last night! So delicious :3
  • Goldenhuman99
    Options
    I hated onions, and most vegetables. I can only eat onions cooked though, working on eating it raw... I love cucumbers, tomatoes, asparagus so far. Working on more to like...:)
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    vegetables :laugh:

when i was a kid i HATED avocados, my mom used to litterally have to fight to get me to eat them,
    i looove them now
  • hdueretta
    hdueretta Posts: 5
    Options
    Mustard: I HATED this sauce, but now I use it to dip all my food in.
    Rice cakes: My mom said they were gross, but I finally decided to try them. Now I love these.
    :heart:
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Fish, avocado, nuts, zucchini/squash. RAW tomatoes. Never used to be okay with that. Now I easily go through a pound a week.