Guide to calorie deficits

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    and Steve, you could just start your own thread with all your posts.......maybe we can think of a catchy name......

"Bits of Bankable Wisdom" ?
    "Boy am I glad I know Banks" ?
    "You can take this to the Bank(s)" ?
    "Bank-able Bits of Useful Info" ?

jus' saying. :glasses:

thBumpphotobucketKikyo1991.gif

Cheryl....:bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    LOL, my goal on here now is to have a topic for EVERY question ever posted. :tongue:

so that I never have to manually write a post again. Ha! All I have to do is click reply and paste a link to one of my posts in.

I think I'll set a goal, if I can do that for 1 month, I'll gather all my posts and just paste them into a big, giant book and see if I can publish it (free to MFP'ers of course):laugh:

does this make me a smarty pants? (my wife calls me a smarty pants and says it's my most annoying feature, I have an answer for everything:ohwell: )

I don't see your TOM thread:laugh: :laugh:

:noway: :huh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    LOL, my goal on here now is to have a topic for EVERY question ever posted. :tongue:

so that I never have to manually write a post again. Ha! All I have to do is click reply and paste a link to one of my posts in.

I think I'll set a goal, if I can do that for 1 month, I'll gather all my posts and just paste them into a big, giant book and see if I can publish it (free to MFP'ers of course):laugh:

does this make me a smarty pants? (my wife calls me a smarty pants and says it's my most annoying feature, I have an answer for everything:ohwell: )

OK maybe not EVERY thread. :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

OK maybe not EVERY thread. :tongue:

Get to researching boss:laugh: :laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Banks, are you showing off again??? :laugh: :laugh:

Good info! You are such a great resource in this site. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    bump- thanks:)
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I will be referring to it when I lose some more!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Bump:glasses:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bumping :happy:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    00020403.gif
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Have just read thhyis for the first time :ohwell: and am now off to adjust my activity level and to eat something :tongue:

Thanks
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Thought it was time that this got a bump.

Erika
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have a question regarding this:

I started back on Jan 4th 2010. When I entered my goal info in I put lightly active b/c at the time I wasn't working out. I put in the amount of exercise I planned on doing which was 30mins a day 6x a week.

Now, being that I do an average of 45mins a day should I change my goal from being lightly active to active and how does this affect my Daily Calorie Deficit if any?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I have a question regarding this:

I started back on Jan 4th 2010. When I entered my goal info in I put lightly active b/c at the time I wasn't working out. I put in the amount of exercise I planned on doing which was 30mins a day 6x a week.

Now, being that I do an average of 45mins a day should I change my goal from being lightly active to active and how does this affect my Daily Calorie Deficit if any?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

mmm, that depends, what do you do with the rest of your day? I mean if you sit at a desk all day and work out for 45 minutes, then you're still lightly active, but if the rest of your day involves walking around, carrying things, and/or otherwise being more active than sitting at your desk, then I would raise it.
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    I do have a desk job but, do have to go up & down the stairs alot throughout the day!!!
    I'm think I should stick with the lightly active!!! :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I do have a desk job but, do have to go up & down the stairs alot throughout the day!!!
    I'm think I should stick with the lightly active!!! :happy:

probably a good idea, what you CAN do, as MFP is pretty rigid in it's activity levels, is play with your calorie amounts (in the custom goals seciton), by lowering your deficit (I.E. raising the amount of caloires you eat) you can micromanage your activity level without actually changing your activity level. Basically you are saying, yes I'm actually more active than "lightly active", but I'm really not "active" yet so I'll just change my deficit a little to reflect that, I'd say decreasing your deficit by around 50 to 75 calories would probably do it (maybe a little more), but for most people the difference in daily calories between lightly active and active is a few hundred calories.
  • leeslim4life
    Options
    Ok I gottcha!!! I appreciate your help! Thanks so much! :flowerforyou: