• AlliedF
    AlliedF Posts: 9
    Options
    LOOK FOR THE SIGNS:-
    Signs of abuse can include:
    He constantly checks on you by stalking you or with hundreds of txts
    He tries to stop you seeing family or friends
    He insists you go everywhere together
    He says " If you love me you will do..." eg: Forcing you to do something...
    He manipulates you
    He calls you insulting names
    He uses drugs and alcohol
    He physically abuses you and/ or pets
    He threatens to kill himself

If you have to ask yourself if someone is abusing you then he probably is..
    Get out and stay out!
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If he continues to harass you, you might consider getting a restraining order.
  • Cath2008malteser
    Options
    Break off all contact this is a dangerous relationship, you're doing the right thing- YOU KNOW YOU ARE- I wish you all the best in life and THAT was not for you. Take care and BE STRONG. Cath:noway: :flowerforyou:
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hope that isn't him in your profile picture. For you to even post about this with your real picture on a public Internet forum is absolutely irresponsible.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    "I just keep thinking of that Gotye song, "somebody that i used to know", where he says " No you didn't have to stoop so low
    Have your friends collect your records And then change your number.."

omg I totally feel that way when I hear that song too!! Dammm Goyte lol Just do what you have to do to keep your sanity. I did all that stuff one at time just to give him time to adjust...but definately do the bandaid way if you need to. Good luck and from what it sounds like you made a good decision. :flowerforyou:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    There are about a half a dozen sarcastic/funny things I could say here, but since I realize you're hurting, I'll try to keep them to a minimum.

The first one that comes to mind is - screw changing the number, etc. WITNESS PROTECTION! (Hell, I'd love to start over....)

Seriously, though - he might have "treated you well" and all of that - but he was PRESSURING YOU into doing something. I don't care if it was something as simple as getting a boob job, dying your hair, or driving the getaway car...PRESSURE is NOT GOOD!

I understand the hurt. I applaud you heartily for doing something good for yourself and your future. He was involved in CRIME? um....yeah....changing your number and disassociating with him is probably a VERY GOOD idea! :D

Besides, if I listened to every line from every breakup song I've ever heard I wouldn't know whether I should take him back, take back the Jag I bought him, ruin him financially, or steal his dog and ride off into the sunset. So - it's just a song. It's there to sell records and make money. Protect yourself FIRST, girl!

LOL, you are quite funny :) Thank you for that. It took me a while to realize, and a part of me was also feeling guilty because I felt that I had to "save him" from being deported, since he had no family here. He was relying on me to prevent his departure into his poor, crime stricken home country, and I can say I honestly felt like I did have to save him.

But you are right, I have to look out for myself. Screw those songs. I'll just make up my own.

Why do you want a criminal staying in your country?