Best revenge ever

Options
124»

Replies

• Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    You are way more mature than this person. You are not engaging them and as hard as that is your life will be much sweeter not filled with bitterness and regret.. Let go and move forward...
    Keep this person at a distance as much as possible..
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    When someone does something awful, our knee-jerk reaction is to want to get back at them.

We want to hurt them, preferably as much as they hurt us, if not more.

Someone just did something pretty horrible and, I admit, my first inclination was to hunt them down and manually yank their *kitten* from their body.

Instead, I am going to go home today, love up on my kiddo, and move forward with my life in a positive manner.

Best revenge ever?

REFUSING TO STOOP DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF THE PERSON WHO HURT YOU.

Rise above, be the bigger person, and let life take care of itself.

I have done this ^ for along time. I believe best revenge is to make them think it didn't phase you and you are doing well despite them. Then others say revenge is best served cold, so I thought when this person is at there happiest I'll show up and ruin it for them. Also one saying is Don't worry god will take care of them. I say god takes too long. Either way you can only turn the other cheek so many times before you've had enough. People know me and know I can take a lot without recourse, only they don't know that poking this sleeping bear one day I will awake and reek havoc on them. Enough gets to be enough. JMHO as one very pissed off full time single dad.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    you've got it just right. don't ever let them see what they do to you. it takes a much better person to do nothing and let karma make her way around than it does to lash out with the knee jerk reaction. I'm living this a lot lately. say nothing. walk away. ignore the message. hang up the phone first. let my daughter see me and see him. me at my best and him at his worst.

:flowerforyou:
  • Th3Machine
    Th3Machine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You said it!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    "A life well lived is the best revenge".
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Oh, Cory-luv, you just nailed it!:heart::bigsmile:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the glitter and kool aid versions! :) I however, won't post what I've done because I have the right to remain silent...so it won't be used against me in court! LOL
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When someone does something awful, our knee-jerk reaction is to want to get back at them.

We want to hurt them, preferably as much as they hurt us, if not more.

Someone just did something pretty horrible and, I admit, my first inclination was to hunt them down and manually yank their *kitten* from their body.

Instead, I am going to go home today, love up on my kiddo, and move forward with my life in a positive manner.

Best revenge ever?

Agreed. I generally do nothing but I do allow myself some revenge fantasies until my hurt passes. Hurting someone else in retaliation never heals *my* hurt. And if I care about the person, I'm also not very happy with causing them any pain.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    This makes you more awesome. ;)
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Don't ever let yourself down.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yeah high road, true that, true that.

I have got a low road story that might brighten your day though.

A friend of mine stopped at a red light and a guy in a green humvee ran into the back of him. The guy seemed pretty nice but convinced my friend to not get the police or the insurance involved. He said "here's my address, get a quote for the repairs and come see me and I'll just pay it cash."

My friend got his quote and went to the guy's house. But when he knocked on the door the guy answered and shouted "I don't know you, I've never met you, now get off my property!" Totally denied they'd ever met.

Seriously, what a douche, eh?

But he didn't know he was messing with the wrong person. My friend has, how shall I put it nicely... no scruples when it comes to evening the odds. Here's what he did.

He took the guys license plate number (number plate as we called it in England) and had another friend who works at a plastic sign making plant create a duplicate set of license plates with the guys number on them.

Then he rented an identical green humvee and put the license plates on top of the real ones.

Then he waited until the middle of the night and drove that humvee with the fake license plates on it at about a hundred miles an hour through every red light he could find in the city.

The thing is, the driving laws at the time in england were pretty harsh... three reds in a row and you could lose your licensde permanently. My friend, disguised as this guy, ran at least thirty reds and flashed multiple cameras. In hindsight he was lucky he wasn't caught or in a wreck. I don't condone his actions.

But it is nice to think that a-hole who denied hitting him got his comeuppance and then some.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

My aunt actually did the following:

Her EXTREMELY CATHOLIC cousin was harping on her about her way of life. She donated $5 to a charity she KNEW the cousin would severely disapprove of in the cousin's name. It took her about 2 years to get off of their mailing/call list!

Awesome and Hilarious!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Best revenge ever?

You are absolutely right, this is what I always do. Revenge is overrated and no matter how satisfying it feels at the time, in the long term it damages the person who takes revenge far more than the "victim" of the revenge.

However, I do cheer myself up by imagining myself doing all sorts of fun things like pouring glitter into his car heating vents. You don't actually have to do these things to enjoy them!

Reading this thread has made me very happy! :bigsmile:
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When I finally left my (abusive) ex, my girlfriend and I put a tin of sardines into his mahogany desk and locked the draw and took the key with me.

Apparently it took about a month for him to find the source of the smell.

I felt very good about it. Still do 15 years later.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: