Is 125 the "magic" number?

Options

Replies

• StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not my magic number. I am 5' 7.5" and my goal weight is between 153-158. That should put me right in the middle of the range of a healthy body fat % and be a number that I can maintain.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    . My goal weight is in the mid 120s. !25 is that number exactly but i would be happy to be anywhere from 123-127. Saying 125 is easier.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Im only 5'3". my goal is 135 ish. I think even as short as I am with my althetic build some where under this heap of fat. I would be one of those girls that people walk up to and tell to go get a few burgers. My current weight gain is med related, the last time I was activly fighting this crap, I got down to 167 and size 14. As an annorexic teen I was 85lbs and a size 0. Not looking to repeat that.

Yea my answer doesnt help. Im clueless as to why 125ish no matter hight or build.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't have a number goal. When I'm satisfied, I'll know.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 120-125 range and basically at goal, but I'm 5'2" and relatively tiny. I agree that tall women probably shouldn't be aiming for the same goal weight at someone my height. My "goal" weight stemmed from what I used to weigh naturally when I was a ballet dancer and ate whatever I wanted.

Currently, I wouldn't mind weighing 5 lbs less, but I'm going to try to focus less on weight and more on fitness -- increasing my running stamina, and starting heavy lifting.
  • heathermariew
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal number is 149 :) Only because 140's sound good haha
  • cminor5
    cminor5 Posts: 11
    Options
    I think that you hear that number for the most part but as other women were saying, it all depends on your height and bone structure and also if you toned, which gives you more weight. I actually would love to be 125 and my actual goal is 120. I am 5'4 and 3 quarters. I look heavier, due to my hips being larger and this is where I have a problem loosing. The reast of my body is coming along and my stomache is flat. If I looked good in a swimming suit and was over 125 lbs. than my magic number would change. I do hear exactly what you are saying. Good luck on your journey!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I can see that for some women it may be unhealthy. Initially I wanted to get to 125lbs because that is how much I used to weigh before I gained weight. I'm 5'4" btw. Now, I really just want to get the body that will make me feel good. I want a flat tummy and if I can have that at 130lbs that would be awesome. I hope to get to 125-130 by the time I'm finished, but I want to look athletic so I may end up being 135 and happy.

I'm at 139lbs right now, with quite a ways to go because I still have a big pudgy belly.
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    Acutally 125 for me is an ideal/borderline high number because I'm really short, but right now my goal is 130. ...that being said I think it is a media/stereotypical thing? I have no idea why. The sterotypes/stigma are soooo ridiculous on girls/womens' weights, it's sad really...
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im shooting for 160-180, depending on how i feel when i get there. im 5'6, and honestly cant see myself lower than 160
  • skittles8810
    Options
    My target goal is 130. The smallest I have been as an adult is 124. I felt really good at 124, body was lean and I still had muscle. I am 5'4 and build muscle fast. A lot of people thought I weighed less than that but I carry muscle good. I am 155 now but I have more muscle now, the scale is going up but my clothes are looser now! So that makes me happy! :)
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My goal is 107. :D Take THAT. :D

Ha!! Mine is 108! :)
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    I'm at 125 right now... 115 is my magic number. ;P
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im 134 and men guess my weight at like 110. Im 5'6" and men and women are indoctrinated to think a number looks a certain way
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I used to think that if I weighed 125 I would be happy and magically have no more problems with body image and stuff. WRONG! I hover between 120 and 125 now and I still have all of the same issues I had when I weighed 130-135! So when I finally make it to my goal of 110-115, I'll probably still battle those same demons. Weight is just a number on the scale- what matters is finding a way to balance healthy eating and a normal exercise routine while accepting and loving your body. (way easier said than done...sigh...)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Statistics?

Average female height is 5'4". 125 pounds at 5'4" is a BMI of 21, squarely in the middle of the "normal" category.

So, of course you'll see lots of women targeting 125, because lots of women are about that height.

Yup I am 5'3" and this is why my goal is 125, but it may well change! I'm 135 and starting to focus more on fitness/strength so my end scale number is flexible
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6" and have my goal weight set at 150-155. The lowest I have gotten in my early 20's was 142 and was told I looked unhealthy and my face looked hollow. I want to look "healthy" and I remember feeling and looking my BEST at 155!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    For me 125 is "magic" number in the opposite way. I have never seen it on the scale, and don't ever want to.
    Anywhere at or above 120 for me is extremely uncomfortable and I have a very hard time finding flattering clothes there.
    Aesthetically/energetically/spiritually/emotionally/psychologically/etc the place where I start to feel great is anywhere at or under 112, but I put down 105 or 110 as my goal because they're more round numbers and it gives me a bit of leeway.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I would have to be very ill to be 125....that would be 38 pounds heavier than I am now (I'm 5' 10").

My goal was 100 pounds lighter than I started and I met that . My body, however, has decided to keep going. I guess when I stop losing, I'll know.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    I was 125 when I graduated high school at 5'5" tall. I looked good at that weight then, but at age 33 and after a daughter...oddly 125 is TOO thin. I look gaunt in my face when I get that low. I really like being 127-130, but in the past year I've added lean muscle and am now at 134. I guess the point to my rambling is that I don't have an ideal weight anymore. I just want to continue to transform my body until it is the lean, toned body of my dreams. ;) I love every time I notice new definition in the mirror!