Is 125 the "magic" number?

Options

Replies

• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 125.. everybody tells me Im crazy and that 135-140 is a good goal weight for me. Im barely 5'1 but I have a bigger body frame and big boobs(ughh love/hate relationship with those babies) anyway .. Im still going to keep my goal at 125 but most of all.. I just want to feel healthier and feel good when I look in the mirror.. whether thats at 125 140 or still at the 165 I cant seem to shake these past few weeks!

Are we twins?
  • Rachel505
    Rachel505 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I guess it is the magic number. lol My goal weight is 125 also. I am 5 6 and just feel that that would be a good weight for my frame and height. If I end up not at that weight but feel good where I am at due to having more toning I am fine with that too :)
  • spk2me
    spk2me Posts: 3
    Options
    Im small framed and am 5'3" I chose 125 b/c i feel best at that weight. That was my wedding weight.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I just notice by looking at a lot of people's fitness/weight loss goals and no matter what the height, it seems like 125 is the "magic" number for many people. Why 125? Why not 128? why not 123? Is it a "media ideal" number? It's not only on this site, it's women in general. For some 125 would be healthy, for others, seems (and looks) underweight. I remember reading some article in Cosmo or something similar in where a man was quoted as saying "anything over 125 is a fat girl" and then he was shown a picture of a pretty, athletic, curvy girl that weighed 150 and he couldn't believe it. Many men are clueless...smh..

Just a subject for discussion.

I'm 5''11. I will never be 125. My goal is 170-180
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    42 is
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    mine is 136 (I am 140 now) but right now I'm actually eating at maintenance or slightly above it... I suppose I will cut after a while. I'm trying to get some muscle on my skinny bones.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    While I have my ticker set to 125 lbs, it's really kind of an arbitrary #. I have more of a fitness level/body fat % goal in mind, and generally speaking 125-ish is probably what I'll weight when I get there, give or take a few (or 5 lbs). Once I get down around 130, I'll re-evaluate to see how I'm looking.

I weighed around 115 when I was 18-19, but I was totally skinny fat (although I did NOT look unhealthy, I looked perfectly fine at a size 0, just not as firm as I'd like to have been). I'm short and have a small frame, so somewhere in the 125 area is a good goal for me, but the actual number on the scale isn't really as important to the way I look/my body fat %/how fit I feel.
  • stunningnickel
    Options
    That's not my goal anymore ... but it is what I weighed on the dot when I was in high school and when I did a lot of drugs...
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I think I'd look awful if I weighed 125.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    That's a really good question, and one I hadn't thought of before... My goal is also 125-ish. It sounds right, and because I'm so short (large frame or not) 125 just sounds like a number that will be a good fit for my body. As for the media idea, I think 125 is ideal because it's not "too thin" or "too fat" (although...most women at 125 are quite thin.)
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I set a number goal around 120-125, since I'm 5'5" and have a reallyreallyreally small frame, but I honestly don't care if I hit that number as long as I look good and healthy. I've never actually seen anything close to 120, so I have no idea.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My one-time goal was 126, because that's 9 stone and 9 is my favorite number. Since going on maintenance, I drifted back to 135 and I'm very happy here... But then again, that would be 9 stone 9 pounds, so it's still got my favorite number! :happy:
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My goal (at 5'6) is 120, BUT once i hit that with weight loss i plan on packing on the pounds in MUSCLE. Its not all about the scale, its about what in my mind i wanna look like in the end.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't have a number goal. When I'm satisfied, I'll know.

Me too. Although I am about 99% sure it won't be 125. My lean mass is supposed to be somewhere between 130-145. :D

So In the 160s is probably about right for my goal. The goal is really: where ever it is that I think my waist is firm (and small) enough.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    125? To maintain 125 I'd have to remove a limb. I'm 54, 5'7' and when I get to 133 I look skinny. I've been as low as 128 for a minute or 2 but it never lasts. I'm aiming for 133 even though my ticker says 127. THAT I can maintain with out to much starvation and a moderate amt of cheating.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have a goal of 135 but when I was 140 a few years back everyone constantly said I was slim enough so like some people have said, I'll just know when I'm happy:)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I remember reading some article in Cosmo or something similar in where a man was quoted as saying "anything over 125 is a fat girl" and then he was shown a picture of a pretty, athletic, curvy girl that weighed 150 and he couldn't believe it. Many men are clueless...smh..

Don't beleive everything you read. The most attractive woman I saw at Y this morning was easily the heaviest.

It's just a number...most guys don't know or care what your pants/dress size is either.
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 121.6 lol. Very random, but i think 125 is just because it's a good round number. I'll personally see how I look once I'm there (currently 123.6, not long to go ^_^)
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i weighed 125 once. so long ago I can't remember. I was always unhappy with how I looked. I am 5'3 and have a very large bust. I have since I was around 9 years old. People were always making comments about my breasts for me to pay attention to my weight. I always tried to look like a boy so I wouldn't get so much attention. I was always avoiding mirors. My weight should fall into that 125-140 range but I think i would be happy just to get to the 150 range. From there we'll see. I don't wanna look like a stick hiding behind two cocomuts anymore. I just wanna be heathier and not hurt so much.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't understand either. I'm 5'9" and I would be disgusting if I was 125. My goal is 150.

This, pretty much exactly.