Is 125 the "magic" number?

Options

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    125 is my goal.. because i go in 5's and rounded it off. 120,125,130,135 etc. Im sure i would be pretty darn happy at 126-128. i'd even be happy at 135 if it turns out thats where my body looked and felt the best, its about how i feel after all :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Being 5'4" 125 was about right for me where I looked healthy and had strong muscles. This works for me but, I can't see it working for everyone!
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    Options
    I've no idea what my magic number weight wise will be since I've not been too small since I entered my 20s and the body changes big time from teens into 20s. I just know for my height, I'm 5'8 I'm shooting for a healthy size 8/10 and if I manage to get to a 6/8 all fine and good. I just know approx size I'd eventually like to get into and for *everyone* thats a different weight considering how people are all different shapes at the end of the day.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I would never be 125, i'd look sickly and have lost alot of muscle as well. My goal weight is somewhere between 170 to 150, all depending on how I look.

My younger sister is 5'9" and she doesn't look fat in anyway or shape, but you'd be very surprised to learn her weight - my other sister is a linebacker. 5'11" and built like a OX...., yes she's overweight but there is a TON of muscle there and in no way shape or form could I even see her smaller than 150 max.

Every person is different - 125 is perfect for some, too small for other and too large for even others.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I ooringally started out with a goal of 128, because that's how much bettie page weighed...i got there and i wasn't happy. Then I got to 125...Still have tummy flab. I have my goal weight set to 115, but I'm really just trying to get rid of the tummy...I have muscles and bones poking out everywhere but this belly just won't budge, so I'm playing around with my calories and exercises. I'm 5tf 4in, by the way. However, if it' weren't for the tummy I would have been very happy at 128-130.
  • na25na52
    na25na52 Posts: 9
    Options
    Super crazy! I felt called-out because that's the number I have. The reason I chose it is because, although I'd like to go down to my dream weight of 119 (I was at this weight when I was 23), I had to really fight to get there. 120 would be the round number, so I let myself off the hook and gave myself 5 additional pounds of 125. Yup - it's all in the rounding for me.

I also noticed everyone talks about height. I'm 5 foot nothing and so 125 is still considered not the best weight for my size, but my body and bone structure deems otherwise :)
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    My "goal weight" is 125 as well. When I got married almost 9 years ago I was 120 and I felt and looked my best. I wasn't too skinny, I am naturally pretty curvy. Since then I've had 3 kids so I upped it to 125 although I'm not totally fixated on that number if I don't like how I look at that weight. I know having kids has changed my body massively since I was that small so I'm cool with just looking and feeling great.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 112 - 119.

I'm 130 now at 5'3.5" and I don't think there'd be much difference between here and 125.

The whole 'rule of 5' thing is that it just sounds... nicer. Multiple of 5's just sound nice.

I'm from England, so we weigh in stone. 112 is 8 stone, 119 is 8 and a half stone; that's the only reason my goals aren't multiples of 5, because outside of the internet, I don't calculate my weight in lbs.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    125 is my ultimate goal weight (though if I find I'm feeling good at 127 or 126, I'll stop there) because when I was that weight about 10 years ago, I was really happy with my body. Not all of us are shooting for that number because of a magazine/beauty idea/ I'm 5'4 btw.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's my number if I ever get there. :)
  • eriedearie
    eriedearie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is such an interesting discussion. I'm 5'3" and one of the MAIN reasons I joined this site was because my weight was creeping towards 125! I was 118 before I had my first baby and 107 before I had my second. I'm in my 20's and the baby weight has been so hard to lose this time around that I felt like I needed to do something about it. I felt great at 107lbs - my goal is 110 but I'd be happy with anything under 115. Losing weight is so hard for me now!
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    120 is my goal at the moment, but I think it will probably change once I lose weight. I might even feel happy with reaching 130, but the more weight I lose without being underweight, the happier I'll be. I plan to work out a ton over the summer and try to stick to my diet plans. I really don't know when I will reach the goal, since I'm 154 now (was 180 when I started.) Yay for being short.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    if I was taller my goal would be higher. Personally mine is 123, that's what I weighed when I just ate like a normal human being and not off of emotion. So that's what I'm going for.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My goal is 125 ish. lol
    I say 125 ish because at 5 foot 2 and medium built frame anything from 119-129 is a good weight according to my doc, so Im aiming for somewhere in the middle, but we will see how it goes, if I get to 130 and feel good I might stop there. Its just something to aim for !
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My goal is 123 not 125 lol. My frame is small so that's right in the middle of my suggested weight range.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    129 for me! Although if I get there and think I could go lower, I'm going to aim for it. =B
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mine was 129 because I liked the idea of being in the 120s. I finally changed it back to 130. Which is where I really like to be. 125 at 5'6" and 47 years old would look bad on me, imho.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I've never weighed 125 as an adult, even while trim and fit. There is no way I could go that low. I am 5'7 with lots of muscle and a large bone structure, 140 is just about perfect for me.

I'm 5'7" now, but when I was 18 I was only 5'5" I was 125 lbs for about a minute and a half... It was torture to maintain.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1" and at 125 I'm slim but not "too skinny" as some (my family and friends) would say. I'll be a comfortable 4 and will fit back into all my "cute" clothes..lol

A few more lbs to go!
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is ~110. When I'm 125, I don't look thin, I look "athletic" because I have a small frame.