*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in June *

Options

Replies

• j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud to say that I (together with my incredible little dog Sophie) ran 13.2 miles today. that's my longest distance. Also according to runkeeper, my steepest climb. I think me and the mutt did pretty well, even if we were a bit slow.

exercise.png

congratulations to you and your little dog too! :-) longest run ever is a great achievement! :bigsmile: way to go!:flowerforyou:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Day 1 of training for marathon #2! 3 miles
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Count me in this month. I'm shooting for 50 miles.

exercise.png

00-2011-12-Trophy.PNG
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Started the month off with my first mud run- the Warrior Dash. It was a blast! I highly recommend it to anyone. Another 5K race coming up this Saturday, "Lift your Leg for Strays" (benefiting a local humane society).
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Rain Run: 4.01 miles in 42:57, Avg Pace 10:43mm, Splits 11:01 - 10:39 - 10:41 - 10:29, started with 80F temps and a Dew Point of 78F then it immediately started to rain hard and the temp dropped a few degrees, BC 4/4.

Rained hard the entire run. No thunder until the end of the run, so good timing there. My first time running in the rain, although I have ridden in it on my motorcycle more times than I can count, lol. It was kind of fun, it was definitely different. Preferred it to running in 90F temps with high dew points with the Sun beating down on ya.

Checked my mail before I went for the run, and my bright yellow Road ID bracelet came in, along with the White Firefly Supernova LED light that I had ordered. Good timing, clipped the Firefly to my hat and put the bracelet on for the run.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    3 today... 12 for the month!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    mrpurdy said:

Count me in this month. I'm shooting for 50 miles.

exercise.png

00-2011-12-Trophy.PNG

Excellent! Welcome back!!! :smile:
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    8 hard miles yesterday, 6 easy today, 30 for the month so far.
  • j_courter
    Options
    6/5- 5 miles

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    Options
    Rain Run: 4.01 miles in 42:57, Avg Pace 10:43mm, Splits 11:01 - 10:39 - 10:41 - 10:29, started with 80F temps and a Dew Point of 78F then it immediately started to rain hard and the temp dropped a few degrees, BC 4/4.

Rained hard the entire run. No thunder until the end of the run, so good timing there. My first time running in the rain, although I have ridden in it on my motorcycle more times than I can count, lol. It was kind of fun, it was definitely different. Preferred it to running in 90F temps with high dew points with the Sun beating down on ya.

Checked my mail before I went for the run, and my bright yellow Road ID bracelet came in, along with the White Firefly Supernova LED light that I had ordered. Good timing, clipped the Firefly to my hat and put the bracelet on for the run.

running in the rain feels great, unless it's freezing rain- then, not so much.... have fun with your new gear.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    June 4th 4.0 miles
    Grand total of 8 miles for the month

June 5 (4) miles run
    Total of 12 miles for the month
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I ran another 5K this morning, 17.3 for the month.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    5.5 miles today in honor of National Running Day!
    Total for the month: 22.5 miles
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    5.5 miles today .. Happy National Running Day!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    4 Monday
    6 Tuesday

Taking it easy while healing.

Whopping 10 miles for the month of June. :happy:
  • dsharpie
    dsharpie Posts: 55
    Options
    got a 3 mile run in yesterday 6/5. still have some pain in my knees so trying to take it easy.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I just did 10.4 miles training, which is the longest I have done for a training run. I thought it was really hard (harder than running the half marathon a couple of weeks ago).

I think I may need to look for a partner for my long training runs for marathon training... or run marathons for training purposes (not the whole thing but a portion of it).

It is possible it was extra tough because my ipad ran out of battery ... I did end the run with a few fast repetitions (4 x .2 miles) and that made me feel real good.

My June total is: 30.4 miles.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    Options
    June 6
    6 mile run
    Total 18 miles for the month
  • TazzytheMotivator
    Options
    Thank you
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    3 mile run in 33:37, Avg Pace 11:13, Splits 11:33 - 11:10 - 10:54, Temp 75F, Dew Point 70F, slight breeze, overcast, BC 4/4.

Saw the usual Sand Hill Cranes in their usual spot, happily picking through the grass after all the rain today. Rained off and on all day long, but stopped before my run. It seems strange to have a 3 mile run be my "short" run, lol. I've come a long way so far, long way to go yet.

17 miles so far this month.

Cooriander: good job on the long training run!
    running in the rain feels great, unless it's freezing rain- then, not so much.... have fun with your new gear.

Not much chance of freezing rain right now in Tampa :D