• 2 carrots, chopped
• 2 pounds ground chicken
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon Seasoning
• salt to taste
• black pepper to taste
Directions
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
2. Lightly spray a saute pan with cooking or oil spray over medium heat. Saute the onion with the garlic first, then the bell pepper, then the mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots, all to desired tenderness. Set aside and allow all vegetables to cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Add the egg, bread crumbs and seasonings to taste. Mix all together well and form into 8 patties.
4. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.

Replies

• Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    TURNIP FRIES/CHIPS
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Peel the turnip and slice thinly preferably with a mandolin or cut into strips.
    Lightly toss or spray with olive oil & season with sea salt & your choice of spices.
    Spray a cookie sheet covered with foil. Lay out in single layer on baking pan lined with foil.
    Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400, turn & continue to bake for another 10 or until crisp.
    Get creative with your spices! Turnips are an IP “select vegetable
  • Malalu
    Options
    Tuna Salad
    Mix Together -
    1/3 c red or green onion diced
    1/2 c celery diced
    1 1/2 cups gr peppers
    5 cherry tomatoes
    1 can flaked tuna

STUFFED PEPPERS
    1 lb ground chicken breast (much better than ground turkey)
    1 medium onion chopped
    1/2 tsp minced garlic
    1/2 cup chopped red peppers (save toppers from peppers to be stuffed)
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 16 oz can petite diced tomatoes (seasoned if prefer)
    2 T Sofrito (a concentrated tomato base found in a jar (on a shelf) in the Spanish grocery aisle)
    1 cup fresh (produce section) salsa
    1/4 water (adjust as need be to ensure mixture is not too dry or too liquidy)
    Seasoning to taste: Mrs. Dash Spicy Pepper or Fiesta Blend, Garlic Powder, Season All (lightly cuz of salt)
    Sea Salt / Pepper & (1) Splenda packet
    4 large fresh peppers of choice: Red are tastiest, but yellow, orange, and green work equally well.
    Cut the tops off of the peppers (saving to chop up for the filling) and clean out the inside of the pepper.
    Carefully, slice a straight cut off the bottom of the pepper to help level it to allow it to stand on end.

IF using LF ground chix, drizzle a lil' olive oil in the pan to help with the chicken browing process.
    Add onions, garlic, chopped peppers & mushrooms to the browned chicken.
    Add canned tomatoes, Sofrito, and water, along with seasonings of choice to the mixture.
    Spray a baking pan lightly with Pam w/Olive Oil & set aside.
    Cook over very low heat, while boiling large pan of water to parboil peppers.
    Immerse peppers in boiling water for 2-3 mins to parboil. Remove & rinse w/COLD WATER to stop the cooking process.
    When cool enough to handle, fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Don't be afraid of overfilling.
    IF you have more filling than peppers to fill, layer filling around pepper or place in another smaller baking cup.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Yummy... Have you tried the cauliflower pizza crust?
    or lasagna made ith egg plant and no noodles?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    TURNIP FRIES/CHIPS
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Peel the turnip and slice thinly preferably with a mandolin or cut into strips.
    Lightly toss or spray with olive oil & season with sea salt & your choice of spices.
    Spray a cookie sheet covered with foil. Lay out in single layer on baking pan lined with foil.
    Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400, turn & continue to bake for another 10 or until crisp.
    Get creative with your spices! Turnips are an IP “select vegetable

Well ALL your recipes sound tasty but I happened to get a big bundle of salad Turnips in my CSA (community supported agriculture) box just yesterday. Never tried them but this recipe will definitely help me get acquainted with them.

Thanks for all your sharing, looking forward to keeping up on your thread.:flowerforyou:
    Hearts:heart:
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try the turnip recipe!
  • Malalu
    Options
    No, i never tried, but i have!
  • Malalu
    Options
    Asparagus Recipe

INGREDIENTS
    1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
    2 Tbsp of the most exquisite extra virgin olive oil
    2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon lemon zest - freshly grated lemon rind
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    METHOD
    1 Prepare the asparagus by rinsing them thoroughly, break off any tough, white bottoms and discard. Cut into 1 to 2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
    2 Fill a medium sized saucepan half way with water, bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer. Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the hot water. While the asparagus are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, Parmesan, and lemon rind. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or room temperature.
  • Malalu
    Options
    Cilantro Pesto Recipe

INGREDIENTS
    2 cups, packed, of cilantro, large stems removed
    1/2 cup blanched almonds
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    1/2 teaspoon chopped and seeded serrano chile
    1 teaspoon Kosher salt
    1/4 cup olive oil
    METHOD
    In a food processor, pulse the cilantro, almonds, onion, chile, and salt until well blended. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
    Add more oil as needed for your use.
    Makes about 1 cup.
    Whatever you don't use, you can freeze. Line a ice cube tray with plastic wrap and fill in the individual cube spaces with the pesto. Freeze and remove from the ice tray, put in a sealed freezer bag for future use.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    Delicious almond flour cookies! I changed up a recipe I found, and they came out really well.

1.5 cups almond flour
    1/2 cup flax meal
    1/4 cup truvia or other sweetener (not calculated in nutritional totals)
    2 oz. chopped walnuts
    1tsp baking powder
    4 egg whites
    1 oz unsalted butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine and mix all dry ingredients.

Add softened butter and rub into dry ingredients until even (produces a slightly grainy texture).

Add egg whites and mix well.

Using a leveled tbsp, plop dough onto parchment paper. Press each cookie down with a fork. You can use your fingers to fix the shape.

Bake 18-20 minutes depending on desired... brown-ness I guess. I like mine darker, so 20 minutes is good and still gives you a soft middle.

Remove to cool on a wire rack and munch away.

Macros per cookie: 63cal, 5F, 3P, .77 net cabs

Please note that I used natural almond flour, not blanched, so my cookies are dark to begin with. I think either would be fine for the recipe.

I suggest melting some dark chocolate and dipping the cookies in half way for extra yumminess. Lindt 85%, 90% or even 99% would be good depending on your needs.
  • Masharitos
    Options
    Low Carb Pizza Crust

2 packages of Miracle Noodles
    1 egg
    1 1/2 cup of cheese, shredded (I used Jarlsberg, I'm sure any will do. Watch out for the extra sugar in Mozzarella)
    Preferred spices optional (pepper, oregano, garlic, etc.)

Heat oven to 450F.

Wash noodles according to directions. Place in a non-stick pan to dry up a bit, about 2 mins.

Place egg and spice in a blender or food processor, pulse until well blended.

Add noodles and pulse until the mixture is even. Try to get the noodles as small as possible. About 2 minutes.

Remove mixture to a dish, add cheese and mix well. (Cheese does not need to melt)

Place mixture on a greased cookie sheet or shallow pan. I used parchment paper instead to cut out extra calories.

Spread mixture into about a 14 inch circle for a thin crust. Bake 25-35 minutes or until it's brown enough for your taste, watch it toward the end. Please note that the crust will shrink.

Remove from oven, top with your favorite toppings and either throw it back in for a couple of minutes or put it under the broiler until the cheese melts.

Macro Totals for 1 crust: 371 cal, 29F, 27P, ZERO net carbs!!
    C, F, and P will vary based on the cheese you use. Most cheeses have no carbs, but as I said Mozzarella isn't one of them.
  • Malalu
    Options
    Delicious almond flour cookies! I changed up a recipe I found, and they came out really well.

1.5 cups almond flour
    1/2 cup flax meal
    2 oz. chopped walnuts
    1tsp baking powder
    4 egg whites

Preheat oven to 350F.

Add softened butter and rub into dry ingredients until even (produces a slightly grainy texture).

Using a leveled tbsp, plop dough onto parchment paper. Press each cookie down with a fork. You can use your fingers to fix the shape.

Bake 18-20 minutes depending on desired... brown-ness I guess. I like mine darker, so 20 minutes is good and still gives you a soft middle.

Please note that I used natural almond flour, not blanched, so my cookies are dark to begin with. I think either would be fine for the recipe.

I suggest melting some dark chocolate and dipping the cookies in half way for extra yumminess. Lindt 85%, 90% or even 99% would be good depending on your needs.

Thanks, im going to try it
  • supermoe13
    supermoe13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    save

1.5 cups almond flour
    1/2 cup flax meal
    2 oz. chopped walnuts
    1tsp baking powder
    4 egg whites

Preheat oven to 350F.

• ployjoy
    ployjoy Posts: 45
    Options
    KkluK.jpg
    more recipes to be posted here: http://ployjoybura.tumblr.com/

BLUE JACK BURGERS!

Burger:
    1/3 lb ground beef
    1/3 cup onion
    3 big cloves garlic
    1/4 cup Blue Jack Cheese (I found it on sale @ HEB)
    salt & pepper to taste
    (I would even add just a tiny bit of fresh parsley, but my brother hates it so I went without for this batch)

Kale Chips:
    Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
    Shred the kale into similar-sized chunks
    Put in plastic or paper back with a little bit of olive oil, soy sauce, and pepper
    Shake dat butt
    Bake for 8-11 mins or until desired crispiness.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    oh cool! New ones added, I'll grab some of mine later and share as well!

Thanks gang for sharing what cha got!:bigsmile: Always fun to give a try to something new..

What catches my eye the most about this thread so far is recipes using flax, almond flour, chia, coconut oil, things along that line. I'm not doing low carb currently but am trying to stick to healthy food.. so nice to be able to pop on and see what's been added.
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Burgers
    Original Recipe Yield 8 servings

Ingredients
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
    • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
    • 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
    • 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
    • 2 carrots, chopped
    • 1 egg
    • 1 tablespoon Seasoning
    • salt to taste
    • black pepper to taste
    Directions
    2. Lightly spray a saute pan with cooking or oil spray over medium heat. Saute the onion with the garlic first, then the bell pepper, then the mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots, all to desired tenderness. Set aside and allow all vegetables to cool completely.
    3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Add the egg, bread crumbs and seasonings to taste. Mix all together well and form into 8 patties.
    This recipe sounds like it would be very yummy, but it is NOT low carb! A 1/2 C breadcrumbs has 40 grams of carbs and 2 large carrots have nearly 25 grams of carbs. Sorry.
  • Masharitos
    Options
    1 1/2 cups flax seed meal
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    4 teaspoons sugar substitute (or less)
    2-3 egg whites, beaten until soft peaks form
    1/2 cup water
    4 teaspoons olive oil
    Spices optional (I've added garlic, fennel seed, pepper, onion powder in the past)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425.
    Combine dry ingredients and mix with fork or whisk.
    Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients ( except egg whites) and mix well.
    Using your clean hands, gently fold in egg whites 1/3 at a time, making sure eggs integrate well.
    Let sit for five minutes.
    Spread on greased cookie sheet on parchment paper to desired thickness, I like it to be about 9 x 10 inches.
    Bake 15-20 minutes.

Remove to wire rack to let cool. Once I left it in the pan and the bottom was a bit moist. Depending on how you cut it, your macros will look different. I've doubled the recipe and had 18 squares for 101 cal, 8 F, 5P, ZERO CARBS! 5g of fiber.

Perfect for a sammich, great for any low carb diet. It's just plain better for you than any whole wheat bread, period. I've heard that using golden flax seed meal will give a more subtle taste of the flax, but I haven't tried that yet.

If you don't feel like beating the eggs, I'm sure you can get away with just dumping it all in at once. The idea is to give the bread a bit of fluff/air pockets.
  • Masharitos
    Options
    KkluK.jpg
    more recipes to be posted here: http://ployjoybura.tumblr.com/

BLUE JACK BURGERS!

Burger:
    1/3 lb ground beef
    1/3 cup onion
    3 big cloves garlic
    1/4 cup Blue Jack Cheese (I found it on sale @ HEB)
    salt & pepper to taste
    (I would even add just a tiny bit of fresh parsley, but my brother hates it so I went without for this batch)

Kale Chips:
    Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
    Shred the kale into similar-sized chunks
    Put in plastic or paper back with a little bit of olive oil, soy sauce, and pepper
    Shake dat butt
    Bake for 8-11 mins or until desired crispiness.

I'm definitely making that burger with whatever meat I have in the freezer! With all the weird stuff I eat (deemed so by the regular people) I haven't tried kale. I'd skip the soy sauce. I cut carbs where I can, I'm doing 10 or less. I'll take a look at what I can sub it with. Which reminds me, I have some liquid smoke. I wonder if there are any carbs in that. Maybe I'll add that to the burger. Thanks for sharing!!
  • Masharitos
    Options
    Found these recipes, haven't tried them yet. If you do, let me know. I plan on using the agar I recently bought for both, 99% lindt chocolate, and I must figure out a substitute for the strawberries. Sugar substitute all over, of course.

Strawberry Panna Cotta

Pannacotta:
    - 1 C (250ml) whipping cream
    - 1 C (250ml) milk
    - 1/4 C (50g) sugar
    - 1 tsp (2g) agar-agar (or 2 1/2 sheets of gelatin, about 5 grams; see instructions)
    - 2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste

Strawberry coulis:
    - 9oz (250g) fresh strawberries
    - 1/4 C (50g) sugar

Optional, for decoration:
    - 12 small fresh strawberries
    - four butter cookies (Petit Beurre for instance)

(Serves 4.)

Panna cotta. Combine all the pannacotta ingredients (if using gelatin, see instructions below) in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring from time to time (do not let it boil). Let cool for five minutes. Rinse four half-cup ramequins or bowls quickly under cold water, do not dry (this will help unmold them if you choose to), and distribute the panna cotta mixture evenly among them. Keep in the refrigerator until firm, about three hours or overnight.

Important note: if you are using gelatin instead of agar-agar, do not combine the gelatin with the rest of the ingredients. Instead, soak the sheets in a bowl of cold water while you bring the other ingredients to a simmer, then squeeze with your hands to drain (they will be soft), and whisk into the (hot but not boiling) panna cotta mixture to dissolve before pouring into the ramekins.

Strawberry coulis. Rinse the strawberries quickly under cool water and drain. Cut the stems off, and cut strawberries in quarters. Combine in a small saucepan with the sugar and two tablespoons of water. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat immediately. Pour into the bowl of a blender or food processor and mix with short pulses. Cover, let cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve the panna cotta in their ramequins topped with a layer of coulis, or unmold them carefully onto plates and drizzle with the coulis. In both cases, you can decorate each plate with three whole strawberries and a butter cookie.

Chocolate Panna Cotta

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    1 1/4 teaspoons plain gelatin
    1/4 cup mascarpone cheese or additional heavy cream
    2 tablespoons sugar
    Pinch of salt
    2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped

Coat four 5-ounce ramekins or 6-ounce custard cups lightly with flavorless oil.

Pour 1/4 cup of the cream into a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over it and let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Place the bowl in a larger bowl of hot water and stir until the gelatin has dissolved.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, bring the remaining 1 1/4 cups cream, the mascarpone, sugar and salt just to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate and whisk until smooth.

Add the gelatin mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until well blended. Pour through a fine strainer into a 4-cup glass measuring cup or a bowl with a pour spout. Divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins and let cool to room temperature.

Cover the panna cotta loosely and refrigerate until set and thoroughly chilled, at least 3 hours or up to 1 day.

To serve, dip the ramekins one at a time into a bowl of hot water for about 5 seconds, then run a table knife around the edges of the custard and invert onto a chilled serving plate.
  • kathrynyoung71
    Options
    by the time you divide the recipe into 8 burgers it should be low carb (9 grams each) for a 1/4lb burger
  • Masharitos
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Burgers
    Original Recipe Yield 8 servings

Ingredients
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
    • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
    • 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
    • 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
    • 2 carrots, chopped
    • 1 egg
    • 1 tablespoon Seasoning
    • salt to taste
    • black pepper to taste
    Directions
    This recipe sounds like it would be very yummy, but it is NOT low carb! A 1/2 C breadcrumbs has 40 grams of carbs and 2 large carrots have nearly 25 grams of carbs. Sorry.

Definitely not low carb. Everything except chicken, egg and spices has a lot of carbs. :(