• cwapmommy
    cwapmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

STUFFED PEPPERS
    1 lb ground chicken breast (much better than ground turkey)

I agree about the ground chicken, Malalu. The smell of ground turkey cooking almost makes me sick to my stomach. Smells like they scooped what's on the coop floor into the bin with the turkey. (Especially, the frozen turkey patties.)
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    TURNIP FRIES/CHIPS
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Peel the turnip and slice thinly preferably with a mandolin or cut into strips.
    Lightly toss or spray with olive oil & season with sea salt & your choice of spices.
    Spray a cookie sheet covered with foil. Lay out in single layer on baking pan lined with foil.
    Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400, turn & continue to bake for another 10 or until crisp.
    Get creative with your spices! Turnips are an IP “select vegetable

Well ALL your recipes sound tasty but I happened to get a big bundle of salad Turnips in my CSA (community supported agriculture) box just yesterday. Never tried them but this recipe will definitely help me get acquainted with them.

Thanks for all your sharing, looking forward to keeping up on your thread.:flowerforyou:
    Hearts:heart:

Thx, i hope that you enjoy the turnips!
  • mizzfury
    mizzfury Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi everybody, thanks for all your recipes, here is another recipe, taste great!

Broccoli, cauliflower and chicken patty:

1 chicken breast (boiled with some salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning)
    2 cup of steamed broccoli
    1 cup of steamed cauliflower
    2 eggs

You put all the ingredients in a food processor and add some salt and pepper if you want, then you put in the batter in a silicon mold for tartlets to cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, 250 degrees Celsius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).

Sorry, i don't know how to paste aphoto here, but i have the photos if somebody help me i send it.

:smile:
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, thanks for all your recipes, here is another recipe, taste great!

Broccoli, cauliflower and chicken patty:

1 chicken breast (boiled with some salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning)
    2 cup of steamed broccoli
    1 cup of steamed cauliflower
    2 eggs

You put all the ingredients in a food processor and add some salt and pepper if you want, then you put in the batter in a silicon mold for tartlets to cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, 250 degrees Celsius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).

Sorry, i don't know how to paste aphoto here, but i have the photos if somebody help me i send it.

:smile:
    I can help you with the photo... If you already have it at a photo hosting site then all you have to do is place brackets [ ] on either end of the link and inside the brackets use a lower case img. It'll show on the photo hosting site a large case IMG so you only need to make it lower case and the photo should show up fine.

Let me know if you need anymore help finding a photo site or anything.. love photos with recipes, I'm such a visual person!:smile:

****OHhhhhhhhhh I so need to purchase a food processor! What type do you use and do you find you like it pretty well and would recommend that brand/model?

Anyone else with feedback on this, would love to hear what you use and have found to be the best one for your needs. Sooo many choices I get lost trying to figure out exactly which one would be the one best for me. I don't want too small of one but I sure don't need thing larger than 9 cups or so? I think?:blushing: :tongue:

Thanks!!
    Hearts:heart:
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    Options
    Awesome ideas!
    ... What does 'bump' mean? (new to all this!!)

I had to look it up when i first saw it. It's just something to type in so that 1. the discussion is saved in your recent topics but you have nothing to add. 2. It brings the topic to the top of the list because it just got a response.

But I saw someone type in Dump, and I think I prefer that one now. :laugh:
  • Masharitos
    Options
    I started putting my recipes in the blog section. I'm pretty sure it's public. I also added pictures there. Have a look if you'd like. All my recipes will be low/no carb, at least for the next few months.
  • robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Masharitos
    Options
    Yesterday was a very summery Sunday. Without fruits and ice cream, it just isn't the same. My supermarket has Carb Smart and Blue Bunny (supposedly low carb friendly ice creams). I decided to attempt my own. I used an avocado, unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and Truvia in a blender. It turned out more like an Italian ice because there was no cream. But it sure was satisfying. Plus I couldn't down it as fast as ice cream given all the scraping I had to do. It made for a prolonged, delicious experience. I will try it with Stevia (though I'm still scared of the bitter taste it has by itself), and mayhaps play around with a bit of whipped up heavy cream and maybe agar or xanthan gum. I made 4 cups total, with each cup having about 130 cal, 11F, 3P, 3 net carbs. Which is a fraction of the marcos in those store bought ice creams. Anyone have tips for my venture?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a very summery Sunday. Without fruits and ice cream, it just isn't the same. My supermarket has Carb Smart and Blue Bunny (supposedly low carb friendly ice creams). I decided to attempt my own. I used an avocado, unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder and Truvia in a blender. It turned out more like an Italian ice because there was no cream. But it sure was satisfying. Plus I couldn't down it as fast as ice cream given all the scraping I had to do. It made for a prolonged, delicious experience. I will try it with Stevia (though I'm still scared of the bitter taste it has by itself), and mayhaps play around with a bit of whipped up heavy cream and maybe agar or xanthan gum. I made 4 cups total, with each cup having about 130 cal, 11F, 3P, 3 net carbs. Which is a fraction of the marcos in those store bought ice creams. Anyone have tips for my venture?

Though I don't' have tips, I find you very creative and inspiring, for whatever reason, I'd love to try and experiment but am a bit afraid, worst thing that can happen though is toss it or change it up and try again. I need to push myself and learn to experiment more.

I've heard so much about Avocado smoothies, ice cream etc., bet that is tasty knowing the yumminess of Avocado.

I too have done little to experiment with Stevia so for now I'm looking for another healthy alternative to a non artificial dry (powder) sweetener. Have you used Xylitol or is that way to high in carbs? I'm still learning about the non artificial healthier alternative...

Thanks for sharing yet another recipe.:happy:
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Need to have another look at this - thank you for posting :)
  • MarleeRayne
    MarleeRayne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    bump
  • whutzup1
    whutzup1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Masharitos
    Options

Though I don't' have tips, I find you very creative and inspiring, for whatever reason, I'd love to try and experiment but am a bit afraid, worst thing that can happen though is toss it or change it up and try again. I need to push myself and learn to experiment more.

I've heard so much about Avocado smoothies, ice cream etc., bet that is tasty knowing the yumminess of Avocado.

I too have done little to experiment with Stevia so for now I'm looking for another healthy alternative to a non artificial dry (powder) sweetener. Have you used Xylitol or is that way to high in carbs? I'm still learning about the non artificial healthier alternative...

Thanks for sharing yet another recipe.:happy:

I just found a recipe for real ice cream that uses gelatin, so I'm going to try the recipe with agar and other substitutes in a couple if days. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chocolate_cookie_walnut_crunch_ice_cream.html

Once I polish off what I made yesterday, I'm giving this a try. Minus the nuts and cookies (just in case it turns out bad).

But I'm thinking that what I made yesterday would work well as a popsicle since it's solid like one. Must purchase molds.

I use Truvia. I like the taste. But I'm want something that isn't absorbed by the body, so I'm working my way into Stevia. It'll be easier once I up my carb intake in a month or two. But for now, I'll work with what I have. My favorite is Maltitol. It's delicious in small amounts. Even the runs are worth it, tee hee hee.

And thank you very much :)
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this posted so here is my contribution:

Italian sausage, broccoli and egg muffins.( Makes 12)

1lb Italian Sausage (I used 450g of Tesco mediterranean sausage)
    1 cup of Broccoli florets
    8 large eggs
    1/4 cup of milk (I used low fat)
    1/2 tbsp veg oil (I used light olive oil)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
    2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli.
    3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
    4. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil.Spoon out the sausage and broccoli mixture evenly into each cupcake.
    5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.
    6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
    7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

I ate two of these for breakfast with some grilled mushrooms this morning and they were fabulous. The sausage is really spicy and they just fill you up completely. They were super easy to make (I premade them last night) and you can freeze and reheat as you want them. Also if you're using the Tesco sausages, remember to remove the meat from the casing. I found it easier to separate the links, then cut each sausage in half to slip the casing off.

For two the nutritional info I got (with my modifications) was:
    Cals: 150
    Carbs: 14
    Fat: 5
    Protein: 12
    Sodium: 464 (I forgot to add the Salt and pepper, so the sodium is probably a bit higher than that)
    Sugar: 3
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump