crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
He is a leader.
He displays integrity.
He is loyal.
He is honest.
He is responsible.
He inspires me.
He is honorable.
He is an alpha wolf to the world, but a puppy with me.
He is handsome, heart and soul.
He is sweet.
He is charming.
He will show me his weaknesses.
He is romantic, because he knows as a woman I may need that.
He is the leader of our family, holding to very traditional roles, but with a modern twist.
He supports and encourages my goals, but not because he can't take care of me.
He knows as a woman, I too have the ability to take care of myself.
He allows my spoiling of him, not because he can't provide for himself, but because it makes me feel like a woman to do so.
He will go to bed every night with the knowledge that I'm 100% committed to our life together, although the circumstances of that life may occasionally have our bodies resting alone.
He will take notice that no man is loved more.
He will respect that for the gift that it is and protect our union until the end.

This is what it means to me to be a man...and to share my life with a woman.

Discuss.

Replies

• KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Profound and poetic!! :wink:
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    so true...I just wish all men were created a little more equal...seems like so many guys lack many of the above qualities...I wish I was smarter when I was younger and then maybe I wouldn't be a single mom
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    What's there to discuss? Do guys like this really exist? Seems perfect.

Chris, if this is you... then you are a rare gem amongst the crazies out there!
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    This is absolutely and wonderfully true! Speaks right to the heart and soul.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    If only you were a few inches taller...

and had more chest hair.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Whats to discuss. You just hit what marriage should be. These are the qualities that my 19 yr old looks for as well. Her friends say your standards are too high. I say anything less is settling.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome. Love dominion men. I Totally respect that!!! This is a man's heart, for sure. I know this is true of men! I agree 100%.
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    Ah, this would look lovely, printed in Papyrus, framed, and hung next to a Thomas Kinkade painting.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Ah, this would look lovely, printed in Papyrus, framed, and hung next to a Thomas Kinkade painting.

Good call...I'll have to work on that.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    so beautiful and true to the letter :heart: alpha male in my life
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Papyrus, no, never!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Papyrus, no, never!

And Thomas Kinkade blows!! This awesome manifesto deserves a Brad Parker!! :wink:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I like Papyrus

But yes, I think that just outlined every women's wish for a husband.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    He is a leader.
    He displays integrity.
    He is loyal.
    He is honest.
    He is responsible.
    He inspires me.
    He is honorable.
    He is sweet.
    He is charming.
    He is the leader of our family, holding to very traditional roles, but with a modern twist.
    He allows my spoiling of him, not because he can't provide for himself, but because it makes me feel like a woman to do so.
    He will go to bed every night with the knowledge that I'm 100% committed to our life together, although the circumstances of that life may occasionally have our bodies resting alone.
    He will respect that for the gift that it is and protect our union until the end.

Discuss.

A lot of thins in there are questionable but some of them are fairly accurate. Problem is those are the characteristics of a "schmuck" nowadays. Not saying there aren't women looking for or are happy with a genuinely honorable man but typically, they're looking for the flash and shiny things.

To me, being a man means simple rules. You do whatever it takes to provide for your house. You take responsibility for all of your actions and donot blame the world, your parents, your wife or whatever people like to blame nowadays. You show respect and hence get respect.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    He is a leader.
    He displays integrity.
    He is loyal.
    He is honest.
    He is responsible.
    He inspires me.
    He is honorable.
    He is sweet.
    He is charming.

Discuss.

A lot of thins in there are questionable but some of them are fairly accurate. Problem is those are the characteristics of a "schmuck" nowadays. Not saying there aren't women looking for or are happy with a genuinely honorable man but typically, they're looking for the flash and shiny things.

To me, being a man means simple rules. You do whatever it takes to provide for your house. You take responsibility for all of your actions and donot blame the world, your parents, your wife or whatever people like to blame nowadays. You show respect and hence get respect.

I agree with your simple rules...to me that's just common sense.

I don't agree about the schmuck part. Yes...they play a game...using this as bait...but they'll always fail. I believe these things are taught from a young age...and those guys never got the lesson.
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    He is a leader.
    He displays integrity.
    He is loyal.
    He is honest.
    He is responsible.
    He inspires me.
    He is honorable.
    He is sweet.
    He is charming.

Discuss.

Agreed, but there are males out there looking for the same amount of flash and shiny things. I would take an honest, loyal and hard working man over a shiny/flashy one ANY DAY!! Just need to find him first....
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Wait..I see what you meant...schmuck as in fool.

You could be right.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    What's there to discuss? Do guys like this really exist? Seems perfect.

Chris, if this is you... then you are a rare gem amongst the crazies out there!

They absolutely do exist.

Thank you for posting. I love the "alpha wolf to the world, but a puppy with me." Made me smile.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    He is a leader (So are pimps)
    He displays integrity
    He is loyal (Let me guess, you don't allow him to go to the bar with the guys do you?)
    He is honest (I have yet to meet a woman who will be happy with an honest man)
    He is responsible (Nah, I would rather talk 10 hours about how my parents didn't loved and and hence is the reason I am screwed up)
    He inspires me (the other alternative is watching you grow and grow...)
    He is honorable (That is just a load of number 2)
    He is an alpha wolf to the world, but a puppy with me (Nope. Women donot want a puppy in their men unless you're looking for a spineless turtle in which case you will have to forget about a bunch of other things on the list)
    He is handsome, heart and soul (What you looking for Aladin here? Remember Aladin was a thief)
    He is sweet (So you want somebody who's an Alpha wolf but is sweet also? Sounds legit)
    He is charming (Too many Disney movies woman...)
    He will show me his weaknesses (So you can sue the crap outta him for all his money when you decide to gidiup since the relationship is too boring for you)
    He is romantic, because he knows as a woman I may need that (Once again, you don't understand the concept of alpha wolf...)
    He is the leader of our family, holding to very traditional roles, but with a modern twist(Modern twist means he's gonna have a hot 22 years old mistress on the side. She's probably a stripper or his secretary or something)
    He supports and encourages my goals, but not because he can't take care of me (too messed up to translate)
    He knows as a woman, I too have the ability to take care of myself (yes, but you choose not to. Would it kill you to pick up a check once in a while...)
    He allows my spoiling of him, not because he can't provide for himself, but because it makes me feel like a woman to do so (You're more than welcome to make me a sammich...some might say thats one of your primary roles in the relationship actually)
    He will go to bed every night with the knowledge that I'm 100% committed to our life together, although the circumstances of that life may occasionally have our bodies resting alone (Stop throwing him out of the bed then after you ask him if he'd do your best friend...)
    He will take notice that no man is loved more (Yeah, I will make sure to mention that to your divorce lawyer when he asks me to disclose all my wealth)
    He will respect that for the gift that it is and protect our union until the end (Or till she gets bored from the spineless turtle described in this entire overly romantic disney movie)

Not 100% serious. Don't take it super serious please
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Whoa, taunto - cynical, much?

I just came out of a crappy marriage and have ever reason to be a bit bitter about men, but this was supposed to be an awesome, uplifting, positive thread.

Don't ruin that, please!

Men are awesome.