• sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There can be only one.
    Best reply ever!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    "He is the leader of our family, holding to very traditional roles, but with a modern twist. "

Yeah, no. This would be a total deal breaker for me.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    "He is the leader of our family, holding to very traditional roles, but with a modern twist. "

In which case, you're likely not the woman these guys are looking for anyway, so it'll all work out!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    :heart: I am saving this for wedding vows ... my boyfriend fits all this criteria :heart:

As an Italian boy I loooove your user name!!

thanks! :smile:
  • LiddyBit
    Options

In which case, you're likely not the woman these guys are looking for anyway, so it'll all work out!

You would be surprised.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

You would be surprised.

Surprised that there are men who don't want to be the man of the household? And by man of the household I mean somebody who wants to ensure the financial and physical security of his home and family and somebody who wants to live honorable? Because thats what a traditional role of a male is.

I am not surprised there are men who couldn't care less about their home and family. Heck, I know people who steal right in front of their little kids and then gets thrown to jail for stealing cigarettes or beer.

It also doesn't surprise me that you (or plenty of other women) out there don't want this kind of traditional male role in their live. After all, men who physically and mental abuse their wife and kids are that way because some women felt attracted to them.

So really, what you're saying doesn't surprise me and I bid you good luck with some guy like that
  • LiddyBit
    Options

You would be surprised.

Surprised that there are men who don't want to be the man of the household? And by man of the household I mean somebody who wants to ensure the financial and physical security of his home and family and somebody who wants to live honorable? Because thats what a traditional role of a male is.

I am not surprised there are men who couldn't care less about their home and family. Heck, I know people who steal right in front of their little kids and then gets thrown to jail for stealing cigarettes or beer.

It also doesn't surprise me that you (or plenty of other women) out there don't want this kind of traditional male role in their live. After all, men who physically and mental abuse their wife and kids are that way because some women felt attracted to them.

So really, what you're saying doesn't surprise me and I bid you good luck with some guy like that

No, that there are men who subscribe to the traditional gender roles and who are really interested in women who don't. Culturally, we have this stereotype that women love bad boys because they see them as a challenge or a project and want to change them because if she can get the guy to settle down for her, he must REALLY love HER because she is soooo special.

There are dudes like that, too. And I used to be a magnet for them, for some reason.
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    Someone more poetic than I am should write one of these about women... :smile:

Someone already did! Read Proverbs 31. :happy:

That is a beautiful passage! :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

You would be surprised.

No, that there are men who subscribe to the traditional gender roles and who are really interested in women who don't. Culturally, we have this stereotype that women love bad boys because they see them as a challenge or a project and want to change them because if she can get the guy to settle down for her, he must REALLY love HER because she is soooo special.

There are dudes like that, too. And I used to be a magnet for them, for some reason.
    ed-nortan-laptop.gif
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

True that!
  • mmapags
    Options
    honestly don't know if this man is out there anymore

Oh, there are. Not perfectly but none of us are. Not me, not you, none of us. But, I can tell you that this is who I am and this is obviously who Cris is as well as many other men I know. We are out there. We're just not perfect 24/7.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great post and yes there are men out there like this I am married to one of them :)
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    great post and yes there are men out there like this I am married to one of them :)

This is the issue, all men like this get snatched up :) they are like precious gems and once found you dont let them go.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

This is the issue, all men like this get snatched up :) they are like precious gems and once found you dont let them go.
    :drinker:
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yup that about covers it
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options

well said...... sigh
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options

well said...... sigh

I like to think that I am most of that for my wife. We are still crazy for each other after 21 years of marriage, and she's the best thing that has and will ever happen to me.

Of everything on the list, my wife has a trait that makes me pale in comparison. She is a true precious gem.
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm blessed, because I am married to a man who fits this list. I love that he loves me, and that he would do anything for me and our family - and not because I am nagging him - (that never works, ladies!), but because he does see himself as our protector and provider. I jokingly tell him that he was born in the wrong century - but I do love that he has old fashioned values with a modern twist. :smile: Does that mean that he is a jerk or a domineering *kitten*? No. He loves me for the woman I am - strong willed, hard headed, very opinionated - but he is not intimidated by my personality - he thinks I am amazing just the way I am.

I want my girls to marry a man just like their Dad. That is the biggest testament to his character that there is. :heart:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

True that!

Definitely that. The problem is that there's not a lot of women in the world anymore that truly want this. They've been taught that it's 'dysfunctional' lol. It ends up being something of a dual standard in a way...because they invariably think they do...only when they get it it's often not what they really expected, or worse...is EXACTLY what they expected. That's a lot of intensity (in both a good and bad way I suppose) for someone who wasn't prepared for it I think. The ones that do want it, and know what to expect...when those two find each other...it's a very special thing. I had it once...but some other pretty serious issues got in the way. I honestly don't know if I'll ever find it again.

They aren't...I know at least a few men like this who are single...right on my friends list here on MFP. The other thing is they're not always 'perfect', and even though I would never say all women (or even the majority) are shallow...I will say that their standards are sometimes skewed (don't misunderstand, men are as, or even more guilty of this). Everyone has flaws, be it a rough past which has left scars, financial issues, looks that not everyone would find attractive...the list is endless. I mean...I once had someone I was very serious about (and she me, from my understanding) stop seeing me because she found out my credit wasn't very good (I closed the doors of my construction company when the economy crashed...long story) lol.

Anyway...they're not all taken, I promise. You've just got to keep a better eye out :).
    I like to think that I am most of that for my wife. We are still crazy for each other after 21 years of marriage, and she's the best thing that has and will ever happen to me.

Of everything on the list, my wife has a trait that makes me pale in comparison. She is a true precious gem.

All any of us can do is try...no one is perfect, and there are many more traits that in my opinion belong on this list. No one man will meet them all, all the time. It's the attempt to I think that means so much.

As for women...I think they make us pale in comparison period lol...but what trait were you talking about specifically?

If you don't mind of course!
    I'm blessed, because I am married to a man who fits this list. I love that he loves me, and that he would do anything for me and our family - and not because I am nagging him - (that never works, ladies!), but because he does see himself as our protector and provider. I jokingly tell him that he was born in the wrong century - but I do love that he has old fashioned values with a modern twist. :smile: Does that mean that he is a jerk or a domineering *kitten*? No. He loves me for the woman I am - strong willed, hard headed, very opinionated - but he is not intimidated by my personality - he thinks I am amazing just the way I am.

I want my girls to marry a man just like their Dad. That is the biggest testament to his character that there is. :heart:

There is so much to what you said here! Generally strong men don't want 'weak' women perse. I don't know why people believe this. The kind of men who want women they can control, are very simply weak men. The only things the kind of man I described requires from the woman he loves is love in return, and the respect that should always go along with it. Strong or passive, forward or timid, loud or quiet...as long as she gives those things, he'll love and cherish her above all others, and to the ends of the earth.
  • mmapags
    Options

Generally strong men don't want 'weak' women perse. I don't know why people believe this. The kind of men who want women they can control, are very simply weak men. The only things the kind of man I described requires from the woman he loves is love in return, and the respect that should always go along with it. Strong or passive, forward or timid, loud or quiet...as long as she gives those things, he'll love and cherish her above all others, and to the ends of the earth.

This is dead on. My wife is a full partner in all respects. She is intelligent, has skills in some areas that amaze me and that I do not posess. Like another poster said, she is truly a gem. No pushover I can assure you! That's why I continue to value her above all in life. Do we get on eachother's nerves sometimes, sure but mess with her and I'll either kill you or die trying!

"I want my girls to marry a man just like their Dad. That is the biggest testament to his character that there is. :heart:"

This is the ultimate tribute to your husband!!