Greetings from a gamer!

Options
13»

Replies

• jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    time to LEVELUP your body ... I'm a gamer but not into WOW - mostly old-school RPGs. This is just another kind of grinding, you know?
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i am currently on break from WoW. Been playing SWTOR with the hubby... i hate having to reboot my mac for pc games:S

i also suffer from depression... working out helps on most days,
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It's all about Diablo3 and the Mists of Pandaria beta right now with Skyrim a close third. I've been on WoW since the first open beta. Gah, vanilla WoW. I feel ... geeky. Morrowind was my first real game that I ever finished. It took a good month of my life away. Then I got hooked on Jet Set Radio Free on the XBox, and from there, Okami on the PS. I'm always amazed that people don't know those games. They were great. And Okami was simply so unique. Shame they lied about the PS and said you'd be able to play games from past Playstations. Feh on them. That's what I say. -nod- Oh, god, I've even created unique content for Sims3. Seriously.
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I know your pains!!!
    I spend as much time as physically possible glued to my pc / xbox gaming.
    Im like should i exercise, no i'l just play for another 10 minutes.. Then 6 hours later, just one more level...
    Its a nightmare, and then last week i decided to replay the halo games in story order.. And today i bought max payne 3 which has had me glued to my desk all day..
    But im determined to do atleast 10 minutes of exercise after i'v finished eating..
    And then back to the pc, despite it being 4am... =/

And all i can say is when the oblivion mmo comes out, im guaranteed to gain like 2 stone. =/
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with SWTOR currently. Belong to an over 40 guilds :) I think gaming has actually helped my dieting. I don't snack at night because I'm too busy playing.
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow gamer! I'm a WoW player as well as D3... and a ton more I won't get into now. Just wanted to say hi and welcome :D
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    mfp is gamified fitness
    You aim for a low green number each day. that's winning the skirmish.
    leveling up is when you lose pounds or inches, or gain muscle whatever your goal.

Someone has a thread where he dictates the level ups, but I find this a bit dungeons and dragons masterish
    I set my own level ups.

Lol i totally see it like this.
    Everytime i go into red its like i'v fainted or something.
    Exercise is med packs.
    And if i loose a pound i level up!!
    Sad, but hey it motivates me...
  • Misty_Rage
    Misty_Rage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I played WOW for years but stopped when I went back to school because it was keeping me from doing my schoolwork when I was needed for raids. I have D3 sitting here but cant bring myself to install it because I am worried I will just become addicted again...

Im glad to see fellow gamers here!

Add me if you want, I love friends =D
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm a sims3 addict lolol

But really wanna try WoW
  • archadtz
    archadtz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow gamers... I will admit that I rarely have time to play games anymore. Didn't really get eaten by many.... SC and SC2 are fun... play xbox about once a week (COD BlackOps - msg me if you are interested in playing with me, I need some new friends since mine have ditched me for D3).

Hubby devotes his life to WOW. Unfortunately, we are quickly heading down the separation aisle if he keeps it up (it's been almost 18 months now). We have 2 kids, and I feel like a single mom... he is addicted, and it's killing our relationship.
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have played WOW before but my old time sink was Everquest--circa 1999 for quite a few years after as well...

Anyway, you can still play but you have to also play this food/exercise journal game as well :)

awww :heart: a fellow EQer!!!! I played that from the time I was 9 to about 16 or so Loved EQ... that is acutally how my mom and dad met!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow gamer! I have spent many, many hours on WoW, though now I'm getting more interested in tabletop games -- card games, board games, etc. Spent a lovely evening playing Gloom with some friends last night. We meant to play Settlers of Catan, too, but it got too late.

I'm also a coder, so that's even more time sunk into sitting in front of my computer screen! And, since I'm a SAHM without a car, I'm effectively homebound a lot of the time. Luckily there's a lot you can do to get exercise at home! I jump rope, do push-ups, and work out with a kettlebell.

I don't let my kids get on the computer or watch TV until after lunch, so I've made a rule for myself that I can't either! It was really hard at first, but it's given me time to workout, read... and even occasionally clean the house, LOL.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I have played WOW before but my old time sink was Everquest--circa 1999 for quite a few years after as well...

Anyway, you can still play but you have to also play this food/exercise journal game as well :)

awww :heart: a fellow EQer!!!! I played that from the time I was 9 to about 16 or so Loved EQ... that is acutally how my mom and dad met!

I remember Everquest. It was my crack, lol. After shaking that addiction I swore to never get addicted to online MMORPG's again. XD