3rd month Heavy Lifting/Cardio results (Pics)

Options

Replies

• bli77
    bli77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! I keep reading your success story over and over because I'm so impressed and jealous of your new body! Since reading your post, I checked out strong lifts.com but can't understand how you adjusted to program for your individual strength. I consider myself pretty strong however I've still got body fat to lose and have never really lifted max weight/low reps :( can you share what is the recommended weight to lift when starting this program. Really interested to learn!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow! I keep reading your success story over and over because I'm so impressed and jealous of your new body! Since reading your post, I checked out strong lifts.com but can't understand how you adjusted to program for your individual strength. I consider myself pretty strong however I've still got body fat to lose and have never really lifted max weight/low reps :( can you share what is the recommended weight to lift when starting this program. Really interested to learn!

Thank you! The program can seem a little daunting and the site is very geared towards men. I just started at low weight (most of the moves I did 45 lbs) and went up from there. Here is a post that explains everything in an easy to comprehend way:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

I started low and these are the stats I'm at now:
    Squats - 135 lb
    Bench Press - 100 lb
    Pendlay Row - 100 lb
    Overhead Press - 75 lb
    Dead lift - 185 lb

Those are all numbers that are definitely achievable for women. I didn't expect to "squat 400 lb in 12 weeks" like Medhi promises, lol, but I've gained a lot of strength and am seeing way more definition in my legs and especially my arms, that I've never had before. It's like the fat is melting off! Lol, really though, start at a light weight, which is basically low enough that you can get the form down. That weight may be 50% of your max weight you can do, or the 45 lb Olympic bar, or the lighter 15 lb standard bar. It's whatever you an manage, then work your way up.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump for future inspiration and education!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses. I hope you guys are able to use some of the things I learned!
  • Newme012
    Newme012 Posts: 43
    Options
    You inspire me!! Excellent work!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Way to go YOU! I've been reading New Rules for Women on Heavy lifting and i'm thinking othat in September when i register my daughter for her dance I'll register myself AND start lifting heavy.

Reading your post definitely shows me that I think I'm on the right track.

Congratulations with your success!

Lauren
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    great progress!!!!

I'll be doing starting stronglifts in august.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great payoff for all that hard work. Keep it up and you'll meet and exceed!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    A really great job - and it's sooooooooooo great to read (more and more) inspirational stories from women who are finally getting to the gym to LIFT HEAVY.

Nicely done!

BOOM!
  • ben_running
    Options
    Great info.
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Very inspiring :smile: and thank you for all the reference links.. :smile:
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's fantastic.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    thank you for your inspiration post, you look gorgeous...
  • catintheshell
    Options
    bumping because a) you look fantastic!

and b) great info in your first post. thank you for sharing! :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    OMG stupendous progress! Thanks for all the great info too! I'm going to take a look at it! So are you still planning to go down to 145? You don't look like you need to, but it's hard to tell from a picture
  • Cmonnowguys
    Options
    OMG stupendous progress! Thanks for all the great info too! I'm going to take a look at it! So are you still planning to go down to 145? You don't look like you need to, but it's hard to tell from a picture

Thank you! I'm not so worried about the number as much anymore, but that range should give me around 19% body fat if my math is correct and I can manage to lose 15 lbs of fat. I know that will be hard and I'll most likely have to lose a little more weight than that, then build some muscle back to be where I want. :) It'll be a process, but it's interesting to see how one can transform one's body!

Congratulations on your 28 lbs. Thats a lot of dedication!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • fytlife5
    fytlife5 Posts: 3
    Options
    How awesome! Good for you girl!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I hope I have results as great as yours.
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Amazing progress!! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!