• Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's alive and on the move!!!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have Radiohead tickets.

I had heard this, but had dismissed it as the stuff of myth and legend.

The concert is in Narnia. You decide.

"Chasing after Mr. Tumnus through the wardrobe, frantic pace." :laugh:

You're probably my new best friend :flowerforyou:
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I took my mom, who is in a wheelchair" to the movies, shopping and for a stroll around the huge mall in our area and logged it as "Running (jogging), training, pushing wheelchair" which ws provided in the MFP database. Now is someone really supposed the think that I ran and trained while pushing a wheelchair? The commas in the name separate the phrases, as with "walking 3 mph, moderate pace, walking dog". To me, the walking dog part of the name is simply equating the average speed of walking a dog to 3 mph.

This.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I think the main point here is why did they add "walking the dog" for one speed but not anything else? Why can't all the walking entries be the same...just different intensities/speeds? Why make that one any different by adding "walking the dog"?

I agree, make them all consistent.

Although, I bet their plan was to give you a guideline for what 3mph would feel like. Sounds like "walking the dog" isn't accurate. :bigsmile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Isn't Peking called Beijing now ? So should it be a Beijingese ?

I actually prefer the German name of Peking Palasthund.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I think your misfortune was posting in the chit chat and fun and games instead of the feedback. (Unless it got moved here?)

This particular forum section scares me! :sad: :laugh:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Okaaaay, your out doing your walk but you don't really know how fast your walking so they use the analogy of "walking your dog" so you can base your time on that. You'll be able to say yes I was probably walking fast enough to be walking a dog or NO I was walking way to fast for a dog to be going.....
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The really funny part of this whole discussion is that it is probably an exercise that was created by a user in the first place rather than a default MFP one (if there is even such a thing!)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    hahaha, this is a funny post! I have a dog and she most definitely pulls me at a rate faster than 3.0 mph. I think that is just most people's leisurely walking pace, the pace they would walk if they were walking a dog, and that's why MFP uses it as a descriptor. For someone new to working out that has no concept of running/walking speed, the idea of "dog walking" speed might be more relevant.

I think next time I do the stair stepper I'll post "stair stepper- speed 10- walking the dog" see if anyone notices ;)