Ladies doing P90X?

Options
124»

Replies

• bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 this week. I must admit I do not like the Kenpo workout but maybe as I get better at it I will. Still throwing in a bit of running as well during the week. I've always strength trained but this has been a nice break from the usual routines I have been doing.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I seriously considering starting this soon, I'm just terribly put off by the first DVD (the one with all the push ups and pull ups). D'ya think its OK to do knee pushups? Are resistance bands going to cut it instead of pull ups?

Hmmmmm.
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I seriously considering starting this soon, I'm just terribly put off by the first DVD (the one with all the push ups and pull ups). D'ya think its OK to do knee pushups? Are resistance bands going to cut it instead of pull ups?

Hmmmmm.

Totally. As the dude says all throughout all the video's, modify as necessary. If that is the level you are at then that is the level you are at. You will still get a really excellent workout as long as you are not sandbagging it. And it will not be long before you are doing a mix of knee and standard pushups and then just standard. The pull ups take longer to grow into. I have to do all mine chair assisted at this point
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Hmmmmm.

I'm not sure about the resistance bands because I've never used them, but knee push-ups are perfectly fine. I started the program with knee push-ups and have gradually become stronger. Now I am able to do most of my push-ups in regular form.
  • kallisto208
    Options

Hmmmmm.

Sure, if you have them set up right it would be like using a lat bar or the pully weigh thingies you see at gyms, just without weights, just not pulling up rather pulling down. I've tried a mix of both over two months and found that I feel much more of a burn down my back with the bands because I'm able to focus on those particular muscle groups rather than trying to haul myself up/ push off with my feet/end up getting all the burn in my arms rather than my back where it should be.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did it about a year ago and only made it one month before life got in the way :( But I just started again today and since I'm 30 lbs lighter than when I first did it I plan on sticking to it this time so I can tone up! :drinker:
  • andrea163
    andrea163 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile: I just started my 3rd round of P90X (of I didn;t make it all to 90 days the first couple times, but now want to) and am on day 3. Last time I did it I got to day 46, and had major results..lost 13 lbs, lost lots of inches too, but lost motivation and put the weight back on...can barely do my push ups anymore since my muscles have obviously atrophied in the last few months of being lazy...
    But I am trying it again!! I will post pics when I get to day 30!
  • anitaschroedle
    Options
    I'm currently doing P90X and I am on day 82! If you can do 46 days - you can do 90 days - just stay positive and realize it is ONLY 90 days! good luck!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just finised my second consecutive round of Insanity and finished my first week of p90x today. I have few observations/questions?
    -Will the soreness go away? My legs are so sore, I can barely walk. I drink a protein shake after but WOW. They were never this sore with Insanity.
    -I like Plyo X but Kenpo was just not enough for me. I worked hard but my heart rate barely got up there. Maybe I am just used to workin so hard with Insanity but I did not feel like I got enough with this. Can I switch it for an Insanity workout or a Turbo Fire workout? I need to burn more calories plus I work out for my head as much as my body, do you know what I mean? And this didn't do it.
    -I am not burning a lot of calories, will I burn more as I get better or less? It seemed with Insanity, I burned more at the beginning and less as I became more fit.

Thanks for all yout help.
    Kasey
  • philosofyschick
    Options
    Needing some motivation. I'm on the last day of my week 3 P90x lean and although i've lost some inches and 14 pounds since I started. I now have gained 2 pounds back. :( I really want to shed this weight. And I am trying to stay committed to the 90 days. Calorie intake is great and what I'm putting into my body is really high nutrient food. Just feeling a little down. Will i see more results soon. I guess weight doesn't melt off but I really want it too. Feel free to add me as a friend. I could use a buddy. Although many in my office pool are doing MFP together i'm the only one doing P90x.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 (Classic) tomorrow over here!
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am on Week One, Day Four of P90X. But I am not feeling as sore as I think I should! Am I doing it wrong!? I did Shoulders, Arms and Ab Ripper Yesterday (used 10 pound weights for the Arm DVDs.)

Any thoughts?!
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started doing classic. Please add me as a friend and I will support you also.
  • jmelaun
    jmelaun Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't pay attention to the pounds! You're going to be building muscle with P90X, not just losing pounds of fat. I'm in the second week of the lean program and I'm starting to lose inches like crazy! Stick with it - it's totally worth it!