Women Ages 50+ for the month of AUGUST

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

It's me!!! I havebeen away camping again and I'm not sure that I mentioned that before I left. Anyway, we are back and I'll be back online. I'll have to read more posts later but wanted to say good morning to all of you.

Have a great Sunday,
    Esther
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning Esther, good to have you back.

:flowerforyou: Mary, I have had two black poodles. One was a mini and the other a toy. I love poodles.

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ, thanks for the information. I will give it a try. I am not too smart with computers.

:flowerforyou: Barbie, your salad sounds great. Good thinking...to eat before going. It is wonderful to find a restroom on that trail. We have bike trails all over here. There is a restroom, but it is always locked.

I am planning on biking to the YMCA after I get the vacuum ran.
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend- and that the cravings challenges have gone away! no more plumbing problems - had that in the winter - leaking hot water tank - water, water everywhere! :grumble:

Barbie - CONGRATS on 50 punds gone!! WAY TO GO!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Going to see friends this evening about a potential trip to Israel - has anyone ever gone?

Busy week coming up - home today and staying in as it is about 38 outside - [high 80'd - low 90,s - too hot for this menopausal mama! :laugh: ]

I wish you all a good week!! Keep on keepin' on!! :bigsmile:

HMMB
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I usually don't weigh on Sunday, but I did this morning and I have lost 2 more pounds! I could actually see '200' just in the edge of the window. I am sooo excited to get below 200. I felt like the little lamb in a PIXAR shortie called 'BOUNDIN'. I wanted to jump for joy! Anyway, hope you all have a good week. Keep on keeping on...:flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    It's really inspiring to see all the ticklers. So many of you have come so far it is inspiring to see.

Gratz to all of us for hanging in there.

Jeannie

PS: If our governments really want older women to excercise to reduce disease and save money on healthcare, there should be bathrooms on all trails and they should be unlocked. lol
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the double post.

I just figured out how to change my photo. This is an old one when I weighed the most, but it is a good one of the 3 dogs.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    SuzyQ, can't find the URL for the picture. I do have it here, though. I am so stupid when it comes to computers.

doobiedoo, I understand you excitement. I was so happy to get below 150 and I vow to never go above that again.

Heather, I have a supervisor who had a hysterectomy when she was in her late 20's. She has been menopausal for almost 30 years. We work in a room where she keeps the temp at about 65.

Nice picture jam. I was here for the longest time before I learned how to put up a picture of myself. I am working on how to get a pic into the thread now.

Today I used the weight machines at the YMCA. AND I rode my daughter's bike there and back.
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning ladiea:smile: Congratulations doobiedo on your weight loss. I know how you feel to see that 200 go to the other side of the marker. Keep up the good work. Well today was weigh in for me and am I in shock:noway: I thought after those 2 pieces of pizza and 1/2 cup fries on Saturday I was going to be in trouble.:grumble: But hurray and halleluja down 4 more lbs. I think Leslie Sansone's 4 mile is the hero of the week. I am going to buy it for sure and take the 10 day challenge.:happy: I just hope my body is able to handle it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well gotta get to work. :frown: I'd rather be walking:wink: Hope all have a wonderful Monday.:flowerforyou: and remember to :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water. Rosemary
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    SuzyQ, can't find the URL for the picture. I do have it here, though.

When you upload your picture, right click on it and a menu should come up. Click on Properties and your URL is listed under Address. Highlight that and paste it into your post. It should begin with http and end with jpg.

Now comes the geeky par:t I'm trying to describe it to you because every time I put the actual code it doesn't show up.

Put the following code BEFORE the URL

:flowerforyou: Left bracket, img,Right bracket (not the parenthesis, but the bracket, near the P on your keyboard.)

and this code AFTER with no spaces in betweeen

:flowerforyou: Left bracket, forward slash,img,Right bracket (forward slash is on the same key with your question mark.

Viola! You have just posted a picture on the thread. :laugh:

Hope this helps.

Susan
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I think Leslie Sansone's 4 mile is the hero of the week. I am going to buy it for sure and take the 10 day challenge.:happy: I just hope my body is able to handle it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well gotta get to work. :frown: I'd rather be walking:wink: Hope all have a wonderful Monday.:flowerforyou: and remember to :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water. Rosemary

70068766.jpg

I agree!:happy: I rented it thru Netflix and enjoyed it so much I bought it. The interval training is making a real difference in my belly measurement and for the first time in my life I've found something I'll actually DO on a Sunday. Up till now I've been resting from exercise on that day.

:flowerforyou: I have a question for you gals: Does anyone know anything about apple cider vinegar as a natural fat burner/diuretic? I was told it works like that and was thinking about giving it a try. Drinking white tea sure didn't help! :grumble:

Off to do my Monday strength training. :drinker:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! and a Happy Monday, too!

I hope everyone is having a good week. I am busy trying to get ready to return to work at the high school tomorrow - and a little worried, as arthritis is kicking my behind this week. I am relying on prayer to get me through.

The good new is that I finally had my first official weigh in since vacation, and my ticker has moved in the proper direction! Woo hoo!

Got to go get breakfast - later!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning!!

The sun is shining here - typical for it to be beautiful on Monday after a cloudy weekend:grumble:

I started work at 7 am today:yawn: I need to skip out each morning this week for about 45 minutes to get my son to driving school so I need to make up my working time. Figures that my husband will be on evenings next week. Of course it couldn't be this week because that would simplify my life too much:laugh:
    I picked up a Leslie Sansome -power mile and a Firm sculpting dvd at Sears for $6 each. The ones I ordered on line are good - but I should have read the fine print. I thought they were $26 for the pair - WRONG!! That would be TWO easy payments of $26. :blushing: Now if I could just find the "butt kicker" that gets me moving!!

I have been doing fine with my water intake (last week's goal) This week I will add the challenge to myself to work out in some manner for 6 of the next seven days. Even if I do a 20 min walk each day I'll be happy.

I also have to get my kids organized for back to school. They return on Sept 1st

Today I will:
    drink 64 oz of water
    walk the mall for 30 minutes - with my hands in my pockets:laugh: I'm cut off from shopping
    have salad for dinner

Have a great day all

Heather
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello All:

So inspired by all your progress! I have been working extremely long hours, still eating healthy but not exercising enough.

Saw your post on the Sansone DVD and I agree,it is a good one. Their Walk Fit group seems to practice what they preach. I was using their resistance tubes for the Thigh and Butt burning exercises when it broke. Picture me doing a backward flip over my head when the resistance let go in the middle of a vertical leg extension. I was not hurt and it really was quite funny. I called the company and they couldn't have been nicer. Sent a new set out right away no questions asked.

What a pleasant experience. I love her workouts for cardio.

Have a great week! Alice
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hello All:

So inspired by all your progress! I have been working extremely long hours, still eating healthy but not exercising enough.

Saw your post on the Sansone DVD and I agree,it is a good one. Their Walk Fit group seems to practice what they preach. I was using their resistance tubes for the Thigh and Butt burning exercises when it broke. Picture me doing a backward flip over my head when the resistance let go in the middle of a vertical leg extension. I was not hurt and it really was quite funny. I called the company and they couldn't have been nicer. Sent a new set out right away no questions asked.

What a pleasant experience. I love her workouts for cardio.

Have a great week! Alice

Alice - glad to hear from you! Funny thing, not two minutes ago I was looking at you on my friends list and wondering how you were doing! BTW, that is a funny mental image!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Today is a new day and I am ‘starting over’ AGAIN! I want to get to the point where I just keep going instead of two steps forward and one step back - or maybe 1 forward and 2 back is more appropriate lately!:laugh:

Susan: I don’t know about the vinegar for losing weight. Seems like all those ‘fixes’ are hoaxes but I’d be interested to know if it works as well.

Mary: It’s great to see that ticker going in the right direction isn’t it. Good for you. :flowerforyou: Good luck on your first week back to work! Prayer works!:wink:

Heather: Good goals. Your ticker says 32 pounds lost. :flowerforyou: Good job.

Alice: I am picturing the workout and the band breaking! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So glad you weren’t hurt. That’s something I would do!:bigsmile:

Have a great day everyone.

Esther

Today I WILL:
    Do my morning workout (done):happy:
    Drink all my water (80 oz) (20 oz down)
    Stay on my food plan (so far so good)
    Walk in the evening
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    FYI: I bought myself some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar today. I'm gonna keep doing what I've been doing calorie and exercise wise and start taking a teaspoon after every meal this coming week. If I lose more than a pound this next week we'll know it is working!

Went for my bimonthly massage today too. My masseuse is also a fitness trainer and a former physical therapist, so I get lots of good tips from him. He says its time to graduate to the next level on my weight training so I picked up a couple of 5 pounders while I was out. He said to continue to do flies with smaller weights, but that I should be able to do curls and squats using the heavier ones. Seeing as how only a few years ago I was told not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, I see this as real progress. :happy:

Time to put up groceries and get supper started. Wonder if lugging groceries from the car to the house counts as strength training too.... :tongue:
  • 4everhealthy
    Options
    Hello all, All is going well in my choices, What does the Apple cider vingear do can you explain it please! Have a wondeful night! :drinker: :drinker:
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi,
    I haven't posted in a while and have just started reading the Aug posts I started from todays posts and an reading from there. I will finish tommorow. I wanted to check in and let you all know my mom will be having her Surgery Aug 25 and we hope she will survive she is 79 and will be havin g her mitral valve replaced. My goal for this month is survival and not gaining too much weight during this trying time. I have been working out and doing cardio on the days I am in town. When I have been with my mom to releive may dad and sister I just eat whatever I want and try not to guilt my self to death. When you are hanging out a hospital for 10-12 hrs it is hard to care what you eat. Just want you all to know I haven't given up it just may take longer to acheive my goal due to this stress. Wishing you all the best and lets all just keep doing our best. Will check in as I have time.
    Lynn
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    What does the Apple cider vinegar do can you explain it please!

Some say it is a natural fat flusher. I DO know it is supposed to be a natural diuretic.

HERE'S AN EXCERPT FROM THE ARTICLE I FOUND ONLINE ON ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR:

"There have been several studies which show that apple cider vinegar helps balance blood sugar levels. This may be the result of apple cider vinegar's ability to lower the glycemic index of a meal, which prevents blood sugar spikes. This could influence weight loss, especially for people who are insulin resistant or diabetic.

- One study indicated that taking a small amount of apple cider vinegar before mealtimes helped improve satiety levels and could prevent overeating.

- Although apple cider vinegar is acidic, it actually helps balance the acidity in the body by helping it become more alkaline. Some experts suggest that this can support weight loss.

- One 2006 study suggested apple cider vinegar may have properties that lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. These same properties could help you lose fat weight.

- Apple cider vinegar can fight candida. If you have candida overgrowth, you may crave more carbohydrates and sugar, which could be undermining your weight loss efforts. Eliminating candida may help you lose weight.

Aside from weight loss support, apple cider vinegar has many other health benefits. Daily apple cider vinegar intake can help with free radical damage, arthritic pain, high blood pressure, and acid reflux. It's a decent source of potassium and calcium. Apple cider vinegar also has strong anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.

So, even if apple cider vinegar can't promise overnight weight loss, it can still support a healthy lifestyle conducive to weight loss. With all the associated health benefits and the possibility of weight loss, it certainly can't hurt to add apple cider vinegar to your daily regimen.

Tips for using apple cider vinegar:

- Choose quality apple cider vinegar. Look for organic, unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar with lots of "mother" in it. Pills are a second-rate source of apple cider vinegar, so stick with the liquid for the best results."

Suggested dose is 1 teaspoon immediately before or after each meal or snack,. Taking it on an empty stomach MAY cause heartburn.

I've taken it immediately after my meals today. No heartburn yet.
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Happy Monday night. Well my scale finally moved another pound. I am so happy to see it happen. :smile: :smile: I have been reading all the posts and finding so many helpful ideas. :flowerforyou:
    I am going to the gym at the university where I work tomorrow. I have been given the ok to walk on the treadmill so I am ready to go. I should be released from most restrictions from my knee surgery September 1st and I have ordered a new pedometer to launch into adding exercise to my weightloss program. I have been limited by my knee surgery recovery but as I draw to the end I am so grateful to have been able to lose some weight and I look forward to continuing weight loss.

Our bordercollie Codie and our Bichon Scrappy tu and I went to Woofstock this weekend. It is a fundraising event here to raise money for the Sequoia Humane Society. We had a great time and though we entered the owner look-a-like contest some cute little girl with pigtails and her pigtailed dog won....go figure. LOL. I enjoyed being able to get around and I got into some white pants I haven't worn in 5 years. That is a great feeling. Think I'll keep doing what has been working so far.

It's late so I am heading to bed. :drinker: :drinker:

Lianne