When should I be proud of my weight loss?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Please don't let his comment bum you out! Your doing great! Be proud for sure! X
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think you should be proud of everyday you simply stick to your diet & fitness regime. If you have a wobble, then also be proud on the day you write that off and carry on.

It's not all about losses, as some weeks you may not have any.
  • Sneakypeek1972
    Options
    i agree with the others, ive only lost 8lbs so far and i cant see a loss at all in myself ,yet im still proud ive lost this much, and you should feel the same losing a dress size is amazing!!! way to go :D xx
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Always be proud of yourself for whatever goal you achieve. You don't need others to evaluate how good you are. Do it for yourself and SMILE within! You can do/be whatever/whoever you wish to be. Never give up! I send you a warm hug and all the best!
  • classy2731
    classy2731 Posts: 13
    Options
    As much as I know it hurt your feelings, you have SO much to be proud of. I always say that a pound loss is better than a pound gained. So certainly going down a size is AWESOME and a major achievement :smile: . Don't let other people steal your joy with their foolishness. Keep on doing what you're doing because its working. Your cousin probably has some insecurities of his own and the only way to deal with it is to make others feel bad about themselves.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    'be proud full stop! Proud of who you are, proud of the decision you made to change your life, don't listen to anyone who is negging you out!

Be proud to prove yourself right and others wrong

feel free to add me if you want :)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Be proud at ay one for deciding to change your old habits! Don'y even bother to share an 18 pound weight loss with people like you have just described. How mean. 18 pounds and a clothing size down is a great accomplishment!!! WTG!!!
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think you should be proud any time you lose even a pound! it's tough. if it was easy, everyone would be skinny! Is this dude at an ideal weight? If not, it may be that he feels threatened by your weight loss. Enjoy your loss, and celebrate every ounce. Surround yourself with people who are positive rather than the negative.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I started being proud the minute that I made the committed decision to better myself! Earlier on here I saw someone make the comment, " Remember the compliments and forget the insults"... in my mind, this is the best advice I've seen in a long time. No matter where you are in your journey, be proud of the steps you have taken - no one can take that away from you =)
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You should be proud everyday that you put forth effort. Don't let a jerk take that away from you. Whether it's 0.2lbs lost or 102lbs, you have earned the right to be proud or yourself.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Be proud of every single ounce you lose and forget the idiotic comments some people can make.

You're doing a great job! You're down a size. You're taking care of yourself. You have every right to be proud.
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    You should be proud every day. Every day you track your food and exercise is a day of success.
    I am proud to know you and that you have lost a size--let's hear from you again!!!!
  • artisonu
    artisonu Posts: 1
    Options
    I weighed in 7 lbs lighter after my first week...and I am proud! It could have been 1 lb or even inches and I still would have been proud. No matter how big or small, every step towards your goal is a milestone. :smile: Congrats!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You absolutely have every right to be proud of yourself - today and every day! Just chalk the comment up to dysfunctional family, and move on. His sucky attitude is not worth a moment of your consideration. Question - did your sister-in-law stick up for you?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    sometimes your family is the most inconsiderate set of jerks you'll ever have to face down.

They dont know who you are now that youre changing, dont want you to change, dont care why youre changing, etc

This is when you realise that one of the reasons you are doing this is because they dont think you can. And you're going to need to stand up and show everyone that if you believe you have the power to do something, then you're right. And you're new and shiny and amazing and you WONT apologise for it at any step along the way.

Understand me?
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of making the choice to be healthier and try to lose weight. You are number 1 and doing this for you - you be proud and screw everybody who isn't supportive!
  • UgaDog
    UgaDog Posts: 2
    Options
    You can tell that twerp to kiss your hind end. What a putz! I know that comment hurt and will stay with you. It was very wrong, but use it as motivation not to fall off the wagon. And I wouldn't have said 'hind end'!
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    Be proud of every pound you lose, you worked for it, earned it and thus deserved it.

Celebrate!
  • CristaA42962
    CristaA42962 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was proud when I lost my first pound for goodness sake!! I would never let anyone make me feel bad like my efforts weren't worth it. I am so sorry you have an un-supportive family but I hope you rely on this community. We will be there for ya every step of the way!! The fact that you are making positive changes to make yourself better is something you should be proud of alone!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you don't seem to be worried about your own opinion of your weight loss, but other people's. You can be proud of yourself whenever you like, but you can't expect other people to feel the same way. The sad thing is, most people simply won't care about our weight. Our own weight is something we are always aware of and no one else gives a damn about. So be proud of yourself, don't concern yourself with what anyone else thinks.