1200 CALORIES IS ALL I GET?!?!?! HELP - NEED IDEAS

Options
12346»

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the processed food...you will be able to eat so much more food. Eating fresh & clean is so much lower in calories!!
    Make sure you eat high fiber, and you will stay full longer. Drink lots of water!!
  • vice1989
    vice1989 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Low calorie foods***

I have been looking up ALOT of low calorie desserts and dinners, Wow there is actually TONS !!!
    My fav's at the moment are (which I actually figured the recipie out myself) is 80calorie hot chocolate ***
    It tastes just like store bought but only 80 calories. (and noe garbage fake sugars either)

I also found recipies for low cal pudding, cakes, banana bread, apple crumble, I had a full chicken dinner tonight at 320 calories, and A turkey meatloaf and corn dinner the other day for like 280 calories.

I make fried chicken one night and fish and chipps the other night for under 350 calories each (and thats including side dishes with them)
    There is always a secret trick to making low calorie version, I am lucky enough to be awesome at hunting things down on the net, (web developer so comes naturally :D)

I made a banana cream pie the other night, 150 calories per piece compared to 300 + store bought.
    I made cream cheese cake too, (home made cream cheese from yogurt) which was even less.

If anyone wants any recipies for awesome low calorie (and still healthy) desserts message me !

*** (And all the recipies contain healthy foods, no fake sugar or egg substitute or anything like that, also I use whole organic sucanat not white sugar, and its way less calories and still tastes exactly like normal sugar. because it is.)
  • vice1989
    vice1989 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its crazy the things I find on the net in other recipies, to substitute high calorie ingredients, never woulda thought I would be eating cream pie and losen' weight !
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    With the amount you have to lose your weekly weight loss goal should only be 0.5lbs/week. this will give you more cals, plus you get to eat back the cals you burn from exercise.

Yup, give this a try. You are likely to be eating a much more reasonable amount this way. And it is much more likely to be something that you will be able to keep going with - which is the only way to lasting success.
    I don't see the point in trying to eat 1200 cals/day when you have already found that 1300 is difficult for you.
    That's called "setting yourself up to fail".

By all means, eat more fruit and veggies, they are always going to be a great part of your diet, but don't restrict your calories so much that you find yourself failing - we've all been there before!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    omlettes,salads,stir frys ect anything with VEGGIES! :bigsmile: