Why so much hate....

Options
catshark209
catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
towards women that are thinner? Or women that don't want to be a size 14?
I mean, seriously, what is the whole issue with this? I am truly curious. There is thread after thread bashing smaller women, calling us "anorexic", "sticks", etc.

We're all here to better our health and lives, and to see such horrid threads is really sickening and hurtful.

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    What all the hate towards haters?
    :tongue:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    IDK but I hate being a size 12 and can't wait to get back into my size 1's. *shrugs*

For reference, I am 4'11"
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    What anyone else thinks I should be happy with is irrelevant. I've been a size 14. Being a size 2/4 is better. That is from MY personal experience. Anyone who hates me for that can bite it.
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I must be avoiding those types of topics as I've not seen any. I have however, seen several topics of people complaining about the those topics.

Ooooh errr... :/
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm not complaining. I'm simply asking a question as to why. I'd like to know their motivation and reasons.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I must be avoiding those types of topics as I've not seen any. I have however, seen several topics of people complaining about the those topics.

Pretty much.
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    I'm not complaining. I'm simply asking a question as to why. I'd like to know their motivation and reasons.

Simply put, because people are going to complain about anything and everything, given the opportunity...no matter what the subject is.

Edit: And by complain, I mean complain, harass, bash, call out, etc.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    There will always be a woman who comes along who is sexier, smarter, funnier, etc. Most women are insecure (I'm not saying "all" so put your claws away) and when someone comes along with an attribute we may lack in or feel we don't measure up with, putting the other woman down and pointing out some kind of flaw may help us feel better about ourselves. Women always feel the need to compete with one another. I'm just generalizing, not speaking for all. Just my $.02.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar earlier today. I think people who are not truly secure in their own skin will bash others in an attempt to make themselves feel better. just my opinion....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    People like to hate things that make them feel self-conscious or insecure.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

ding ding ding!
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people bash or insult anyone of any size! I think we are all beautiful in our own way...big or small! :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I don't get it either. Being somebody who wants to be a size 10 or 8 (tentative goal), I have never told somebody that their goal size was "too small." People look good at different weights. I have a friend who is naturally 84 lbs, and she looks great. I'm built differently from her (I have wider hips, broader shoulders and about 4 inches taller than her), so I already know I wouldn't look good at that weight. Nor would she look good at my goal weight.

ETA: OP, I think you look damn fine!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

^^^^Yes this, I agree..

Not ALL PEOPLE, but many sadly.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar earlier today. I think people who are not truly secure in their own skin will bash others in an attempt to make themselves feel better. just my opinion....

Yup!
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options

Agreed!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I hadn't noticed any hate...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It ain't just against the ladies.

A really sad thing some of you are going to find out. MFP is an amazing site for support and encouragement as you struggle to reach your goals. Once you hit those goals however there's a target on your head and no shortage of people who want to tear you down. It comes from a small and petty group of people who feel no shame in making themselves feel better about where they're at by attacking those who have worked hard to achieve what they're after.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Not everyone wants to be the same size (or shape), but the general message is that only one size (or shape, or look) is acceptable.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near the size I want to be right now, but I don't hate on anyone who is in better shape than I am. They did the hard work to get/stay there. Me? I'm a work in progress. :)

I think a lot of women who put down other women do it out of a place of insecurity or jealousy. Years ago, I worked in a daycare and one of the moms who had a kid there was a Hooter's waitress. She was petite and in great shape and totally rocked the uniform. The looks and stuff that some of my co-workers would say about her when she would come in was ridiculous. She was a really nice woman and she was working her butt off as a single mom to support her kid. I couldn't really find anything NOT to admire about her, actually.