Why so much hate....

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Quit whining, thin women are the privileged group.

You're the ones in magazines, you're the ones who can fit into clothes, and if a couple people are prejudiced against you, it's nothing compared to the hate that big women get.

Seriously. Shut up.

rude much?!? Who are YOU to say we can fit into clothes?!? And from your pictures, you're not of the larger group yourself. There was no whining. The OP asked a question. And, if you peruse the site, you'll see how much hate there is on the smaller, more fit group. This response was pretty immature.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If people don't like the way someone looks, they need to just keep their opinions to themselves. To each his/her own, and no one has the right to judge others based on their appearance. Unfortunately in our society, it seems looks play a big part in how you are accepted. Wish that weren't the case, but I still stand by the fact that no one has the right to judge you if you're too fat, too thin, that's not their problem.

In all honesty, I see large women that buzz around in those carts at Wal mart or Target, and sometimes think to myself that they wouldn't be like that if they'd walk. (says the girl who weighed 250...!!) But again, I keep it to myself, because it's the person that has to live with it, not me, so it's none of my business how they choose to live their life.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We all get hated on. I get hated on for my goal size being a 12. Seriously, someone wrote that anyone willing to stop at a double-digit size is "settling" and "less than committed".

Skinny people get hated on for what they wear, how they act.

I haven't seen a skinny girl be told no one wanted to see her rolls...and I haven't seen a fat person be told to go eat a damned cheeseburger.

Life sucks for all of us.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm still not real happy with myself, that why I'm working so hard to make changes and lose weight.

now I feel like an idiot, why didn't anyone tell me that I'm supposed to be bashing skinny people and being hateful to people that are closer to their goals.

thanks a lot "friends"
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Why am I feeling a sense of deja'vu?
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    I must be avoiding those types of topics as I've not seen any. I have however, seen several topics of people complaining about the those topics.

Ooooh errr... :/

LOL...so true. I've seen topics of those wanting to know why the skinny girls bash the fat girls and vice versa..... at the end of the day who gives a *bleep* =\
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    man, here we ago again...\m/
    Joker_popcorn.gif
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options

You're the ones in magazines, you're the ones who can fit into clothes, and if a couple people are prejudiced against you, it's nothing compared to the hate that big women get.

Seriously. Shut up.

rude much?!? Who are YOU to say we can fit into clothes?!? And from your pictures, you're not of the larger group yourself. There was no whining. The OP asked a question. And, if you peruse the site, you'll see how much hate there is on the smaller, more fit group. This response was pretty immature.

Agreed. This is exactly the kind of post the OP was referring to. I've been both sides of the coin...called "anorexic" and "flatty" throughout my middle and high school years, and rarely get the door held for me now by random men since I'm a plus size chick now. There are haters in both groups, and I knidly refer everyone to read the thread about bashing posted this morning.

We're all here to find ways to be healthier, no matter what ideal "healthy" may be for us.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

EDIT: to clear up, I don't mean to be a *****. I actually am skinny, and wear a size 12 because I'm really tall, and that's life.
    I just get annoyed when women say, "oh, I'm too skinny, everyone hates me!"
    it's sort of like when white people say, "Oh, they hate me cause I'm white!"

You guys are the privileged group, you don't get called fat pigs or the N word, the prejudice you face is miniscule compared to that of the non privileged groups. See what I mean?

That's not to say that it's acceptable to hate on you because really it doesn't matter all that much what your body looks like, we're all more than that.

kanonxbou47 burned 8 calories "backpedaling"
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Toward smaller women it's more than likely assumption that they have an eating disorder or did something otherwise unhealthy to get that size or stay it. It's the same with bigger women and I'm not even talking fat ones.

Stereotypes are used everywhere and on everyone. Myself alone I could be assumed as someone who eats Mickey D like it's closing tomorrow, a lesbian, and a skinhead simply because I'm overweight, not very feminine, and I'm at current bald. Some people take the assumptions and stereotypes and let it get under their skin until they hate everyone who falls into the category whether they know it or not. Case in point my mother hates "ghetto" people and because the stereotype clings to black people she ends up referring to all black people as part of that ghetto mindset.

You can either let it get to you and make you aggressive and wary or you can let it go and roll your eyes every time someone blabs on about something they're clearly ignorant about.
  • RoseRoiz
    RoseRoiz Posts: 95
    Options
    Why women have to be so insecure about themself?? Believe it or not I have a hard time finding my size! The only reason I'm here is to be toned!! and be healthy!!
    Options

EDIT: to clear up, I don't mean to be a *****. I actually am skinny, and wear a size 12 because I'm really tall, and that's life.

You guys are the privileged group, you don't get called fat pigs or the N word, the prejudice you face is miniscule compared to that of the non privileged groups. See what I mean?

That's not to say that it's acceptable to hate on you because really it doesn't matter all that much what your body looks like, we're all more than that.

I don't see many posts where OP's are saying "oh, I'm so skinny, everyone hates me, I think I'll go cry..." I've been THAT girl whose been told to go eat a cheeseburger or that I needed to be force-fed sammiches or that I appeared to be on drugs (of which never happened). Its JUST as hurtful and wrong as someone telling a bigger person to lose weight. How are we to know what stage of fitness someone else is in? When I was being told all those hurtful disgusting things, I was actually actively TRYING to gain weight. But, did that matter? No. But, it sure was ok to bash the small girl, right? No. Bashing anyone's size is wrong. Period. There is NO excuse that will EVER change that. Ever.
    Options

and is still in the wrong. no one group of people is priviledged because of their size.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree. But what is so funny to me is that we are all here for the same purpose- to get healthy- yet there is more negativity and hatred on here than on any other social site that I've seen.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options

I don't see many posts where OP's are saying "oh, I'm so skinny, everyone hates me, I think I'll go cry..." I've been THAT girl whose been told to go eat a cheeseburger or that I needed to be force-fed sammiches or that I appeared to be on drugs (of which never happened). Its JUST as hurtful and wrong as someone telling a bigger person to lose weight. How are we to know what stage of fitness someone else is in? When I was being told all those hurtful disgusting things, I was actually actively TRYING to gain weight. But, did that matter? No. But, it sure was ok to bash the small girl, right? No. Bashing anyone's size is wrong. Period. There is NO excuse that will EVER change that. Ever.

I've had people make fun of me for not having a picture up. See what I did there?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It ain't just against the ladies.

A really sad thing some of you are going to find out. MFP is an amazing site for support and encouragement as you struggle to reach your goals. Once you hit those goals however there's a target on your head and no shortage of people who want to tear you down. It comes from a small and petty group of people who feel no shame in making themselves feel better about where they're at by attacking those who have worked hard to achieve what they're after.

This. 100% this.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

Heh.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    There is thread after thread having this discussion, period.

:yawn:
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options

<
    Wow you are a class act! I would and am about to go h a m. I have been a size 2 and a size 12 but I am not about to rake a fork down my face b/c someone wants me to be unfortunate looking in anyway. I would never wish that upon anyone and I hope (but know ti's not likely) that others don't wish the same for me. I think this thread is disturbing and causing wayyyy too much drama. Why don't we all focus on our goals and stop taking each other's inventory?

Pretty simple.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I must be avoiding those types of topics as I've not seen any. I have however, seen several topics of people complaining about the those topics.

Ooooh errr... :/

Pretty much.

I kinda think it's so they can get an ego stroke. No offense, just an opinion. :flowerforyou: