HELP! Ticket Due date is before Arraignment-Traffic Ticket

Options

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    We still don't know what he did. He kept asking the police officer but she would not give him an answer. My bf has gotten tickets before and we've paid them but this last time was absurd, the officer didn't even see him, he was coming up from behind at normal speed so he didn't do anything wrong but the officer wrote him ticket with no explanation. He kept asking and officer asked if he would like to have another police officer speak and he said yes. Than 3 more cops showed up and he still has gotten no answer...
    Really? It doesn't say on the ticket? Really? I mean, really? For reals?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    get a lawyer to get you a continuance \m/
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

The actual "reason" has to be on the ticket. It could have been as simple as he didn't throw his arm up to "signal" a left turn. Get a lawyer. Go to the court house. Every state and every county is different.

yes. hire a lawyer to fight a skateboarding ticket. that will be much cheaper.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    And the court probably won't discuss details of his case with you. He may actually want to get involved in this process.

(Okay, I get it...he's a skateboarder, so he probably *won't* want to get involved in this process...but it's most likely in his best interest.)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    We still don't know what he did. He kept asking the police officer but she would not give him an answer. My bf has gotten tickets before and we've paid them but this last time was absurd, the officer didn't even see him, he was coming up from behind at normal speed so he didn't do anything wrong but the officer wrote him ticket with no explanation. He kept asking and officer asked if he would like to have another police officer speak and he said yes. Than 3 more cops showed up and he still has gotten no answer...

Nope.
    & I am sure they just gave him a ticket for no reason.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    legal advice on a health forum FTW.

I am asking a simple advice to see other people's experienced. There is A LOT of other topics that are discussed here that have NOTHING to do with health.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

If I could read the juberish than I would have the answer, but it's literally chicken scratch.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

lmao!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    If I could read the juberish than I would have the answer, but it's literally chicken scratch.
    And they didn't tell him? Really? I mean, really? For reals?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Sounds like skateboarder discrimination to me. He should sue.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

Nope.
    & I am sure they just gave him a ticket for no reason.

Do you guys have nothing better to do than just be mean? Geez. My bf was on the job, doing a food delivery on his skateboard-he delivers all around downtown LA which is swirmed with cops. He has gotten 2 tickets before and paid them because he knew he was guilty, but not in this case...the police officer didn't even see him!!! She was turned away from him, she gave him ticket as he was passing from behind her.

My bf and I would not WASTE our time fighting this unless we knew he was NOT guilty, the cops completely treated him unjust. We're not fighting this JUST BECAUSE.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Sounds like skateboarder discrimination to me. He should sue.

I don't know if you're mocking me or not, but in this case he was discriminated against. Cops HATE skateboards in downtown Los Angeles, considering my bf spends 4-8hours doing deliveries on his skateboard he would have gotten WAY more tickets but during our 4 years he has only gotten 3 including this one. When he is on deliveries he is EXTRA careful because he has bags and bags of foods on him..this is NOT just some mindless skateboarder situation.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    First of all, why are YOU dealing with your boyfriend's legal matters? You should make him do it himself.

But to answer your question, no, he will not get in trouble for not paying the ticket if the arraignment has been scheduled. If he doesn't show up to the arraignment though, then you'll have a problem.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

you need to give people more then 7 minutes to answer.

Yep, impatient much? Call them and just press "0" over and over till you get someone.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    It's your boyfriends ticket... he needs to deal with it.

I hate to say it but you are going off of what he told you... I'm assuming you weren't riding the skateboard with him. What he told you may not be 100% true.

He needs to be setting up appointments, calling the court house, etc. Most likely an actual person will not deal with you unless you are his lawyer.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

YES FOR REALS! WTF?! Why would I seek help and say that if it wasn't true?! AGHHH!
    He asked over and over again but they would not give him an answer. He started writing down the list of events and the cop took the pen away from his because he said he could use it as a weapon-even though seconds later he handed that pen right back to him to sign the ****ing ticket.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have nothing better to do than just be mean? Geez. My bf was on the job, doing a food delivery on his skateboard-he delivers all around downtown LA which is swirmed with cops. He has gotten 2 tickets before and paid them because he knew he was guilty, but not in this case...the police officer didn't even see him!!! She was turned away from him, she gave him ticket as he was passing from behind her.

My bf and I would not WASTE our time fighting this unless we knew he was NOT guilty, the cops completely treated him unjust. We're not fighting this JUST BECAUSE.
    I get that you're mad about the whole thing, but you're getting really worked up about something that A) Isn't YOUR ticket, and B) you even weren't there to witness(?) The world isn't always fair and if the cop shows up in court at his hearing, 10 out of 10 times, you're going to lose because the judge is going to believe the police officer over some perceived "punk" who drives a skateboard. It sucks when you've been wronged...but its the truth!

I'd decide if its really worth it to fight. Can't his employer help with the ticket if he got it while on the job??
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to go in person to talk to them as LA County's traffic court is now all machine. Too many budget cuts cost too many jobs for there to be a human being on the phones.

As far as not knowing what the ticket is for - you can find that out at your local police station. They will be able to look it up in their system.

If you were unable to pay the ticket online, try using the automated system at the traffic court to pay. If it isn't in the automated system, your request for a court date probably delayed the fine having to be paid until court. However, I am NOT a lawyer. Your best bet is to go in and talk to them in person.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    YES FOR REALS! WTF?! Why would I seek help and say that if it wasn't true?! AGHHH!
    He asked over and over again but they would not give him an answer. He started writing down the list of events and the cop took the pen away from his because he said he could use it as a weapon-even though seconds later he handed that pen right back to him to sign the ****ing ticket.
    I hope that you can see that it's really hard to believe that a cop would not tell someone what they are being ticketed for, especially in this day and age of litigation and documentation. I find the story very hard to believe, and lean on the side of your boyfriend not wanting you to know.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    It's your boyfriends ticket... he needs to deal with it.

I hate to say it but you are going off of what he told you... I'm assuming you weren't riding the skateboard with him. What he told you may not be 100% true.

He needs to be setting up appointments, calling the court house, etc. Most likely an actual person will not deal with you unless you are his lawyer.

I know my bf very well, he would not lie to me, if he wanted to lie he would have lied the other 2 times he got a ticket but he didn't and we took care of them; He even wrote it all down the moment he got back to work and told his manager. My bf would never waste his time unless he was really treated unjust like he was in this case. He has been doing deliveries on his skateboard for years and never had this sort of issue. He is an honest hard working guy, and this was just an absurd situation, there are a bunch of other details of what the cops did/said and it's rediculous.

Unfortunately my bf phone is broken, so I am stuck with making the calls, but this is what you put up with when you love someone, my bf does many things for me so it's only natural for me return the favor. I am going to have to send him to the actual court so he can sort this out. I was just hoping people on here could help with those questions until I can speak to someone legit.