• RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    EAT THE PIE!! I give you permission :D
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It would prove that you havent taught yourself anything :sad:
    Either make a healthier version and keep to one serving, or try some of them banana cream pie flavoured yogurts out there. theyr'e pretty yummers!
    yes the banana creme pie lite yogurts actually taste pretty good and these are 80 cal vs the regular banana creme pie yogurt which is 160 cal

Mmmm... so put the yogurt on the graham crackers and top with lite Cool Whip and half a real banana. Voila!
  • djhansen58
    Options
    Just eat a very small slice of the pie and you'll feel much better than eating the whole pie. Trust me!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    That is up to you. One piece has 387 calories. A whole pie has 3,190 calories. Your call.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/banana-cream-pie
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad to reward yourself with a whole banana cream pie for weight loss success?

A whole pie seems counterproductive--maybe a slice or two?
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't judge you, I'm pretty sure I ate half a bag of chips last week in one sitting. Sadly, I'm not talking about a single serve bag. On the plus side, at least it wasn't a Costco size bag! Chips are my down fall so I try not to have them in the house. It banana cream pie is like that for you, maybe find a local restaurant that has really good banana cream pie and sells it by the slice.

Chips/ Doritos is my weakness too. I refuse to have them in the house. I won't even bother with just a few because that will just frustrate me even more :(

I am liking all of the lower calorie substitute ideas for banana cream pie though!
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    Would it be bad to reward yourself with a whole banana cream pie for weight loss success?

Here is a recipe I fix for the family. They love it and it is sugar free and low fat.

2 pkgs of Jello instant sugar free banana pudding
    1 carton of Cool Whip low fat.
    1 pkg of Murray sugar free vanilla wafers
    3 bananas sliced thin

Prepare pudding and refrigerate until firm. Thaw Cool Whip and fold into pudding. Place a layer of wafers in bottom of pyrex dish.
    Layer bananas and pudding. I make mine in a trifle dish and layer until everything is used up. Refrigerate and serve. Good for a couple of days.

This sounds soooo yummy, I'm going to have to make it for my family.
  • Rosco63
    Rosco63 Posts: 37
    Options
    Go ahead, you will probably feel sick long before getting through it anyway.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It would prove that you havent taught yourself anything :sad:
    Either make a healthier version and keep to one serving, or try some of them banana cream pie flavoured yogurts out there. theyr'e pretty yummers!

Complete BS right there.

Why is my post bs? Eating entire pies is what got most of us here in the first place... :huh:
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Now I want Bob Evans' banana cream pie. I used to work there, and make those pies. Problem? Where I livenow, there is no Bob Evans.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Now I really want to know if she ever got her pie.
  • dragonangel76
    Options
    Nope I didn't do it! I still want it but craving is not as strong LOL
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well I am proud of you! lol Good job on not giving in...though it wouldn't have hurt you to have it. I just wanted to say how great all these ideas are for something similar but lower cal then banana cream pie. I'll be trying these all out at some point. Yum!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one dessert splurge and one meal splurge on the weekends. I save up my cravings all week and plan what I really, really want to have. Usually, I don't go over 2400 calories, even if I have both splurges in one day. It really helps me to stay on track during the week, because I know I can eventually have that thing that I'm craving. I also have them in normal portions, and make sure that my "treats" don't turn into an out-of-control binge.