Turbo Jammers 8/3-8/9

Options

Replies

• lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:smile: It is a beautiful Friday afternoon in NY..wow. I just went out for a bikeride and it was great! Sun shining, warm breeze..just awesome:heart: The rest of the days plan is to do TJ CardioPartyMix 1-I am working on this one! 45 minutes that really gets my HR up:love: Hopefully I will get to OlympiaSports and check out the weights- Casey: First, thanks for the great advice! Second, YIKES I didn't realize how much those Bowflex weights would cost! I was really hoping to get some of those so in the long run it would provide me with adjustments-but I just don't think I can afford them!:sad: I feel like it would be a good investment though--coz if I buy say 10lb weights first that's already like $40 right there!
    It is quite a dilemma for me...lol.
    I was planning to do my FitTest today--but the weights issue has set me back..I might just opt for around 10lbs first and see how that goes.....:grumble: Any suggestions from other CE's?
    Anyway, I hope you all have a great afternoon! I will be around tonight and check back! Plus I get the whole weekend off so that's super exciting!:bigsmile: (More TJ for me!!)
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey girl,
    I had the SAME problem you did when I got CE. I did have bands..so tried them to start..but didn't like them for this program (although you may..and lots cheaper!).
    I decided to make the investment since I coach and use them so much anyway..maybe try craigs list??? They often have free weights on there. I doubt 10lbs will last you very long!
    I hope that helps..just gotta look for a deal (I even got one on my bowflex..on sale..and FREE stand!!). Talk sweet to the sales guys:wink:
    Casey
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Good morning and happy Saturday:smile:

Yesterday my shoulder was a bit sore and I was not in a good mood after work. Really didn't have the energy or motivation to work out :grumble:

I had a great idea- I decided to celebrate! I got my first paycheck, I survived my first month of work and I've kept 10 lbs off I would replace my old unhappy MP3 player and purchase my first Ipod :) It's a green nano and I named her Kermette (like a girl version of Kermet the frog!). I had a great time making workout playlists for myself last night with the caveat that I had to wake up 3 mornings before work and try to run at least 10 minutes this week. Today I got my butt out of bed at 6:30- ran for 15 minutes and walked quickly for 15:smile: Really proud of myself because now no matter what happens at work, I put myself and my health first and have already accomplished a lot today:happy:

And my ticker finally moved- down another pound!

Hope you all have a terrific day!:flowerforyou:
    ~Erica
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning!!

I took a brisk 30 minute walk at lunch yesterday. When I got home I did 20-minute jam, 30 minutes of dance cardio and 20 minutes of band toning.

lilangel-try looking on Amazon for the bowflex weights. I have had them in my cart under "save for later" since January. The prices keep going up and down but for the most part that is the best price I've found them. I had CE in the cart too since it came out but am waiting until next spring.

Erica-Congrats on finishing your first month of work! May you and Kermette have many fitness moments together.

Casey-Have fun today! Stay cool.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Just checking in quick, Hope you are having an awesome Saturday!
    I started my AM off a little late but did my TJ CardioParty Mix1 before breakfast, Awesome!:happy:
    I am sooo anxious to start CE but it just isn't seeming to work the way I wanted because of the weights.:frown: I guess I am going to have to hold off for a bit, or start with bands but I really never like them. :grumble:
    Casey-thanks for the idea about craigs list and such, I will continue looking and trying to get them used or something..I just wish I had the guts (and $$) to make the investment new!:explode:
    I think the rest of the days plan is maybe do some biking (depending on weather) or Turbosculpt...we will see!
    Erica-way to reward yourself! I LOVE my ipod!:heart: But yea, just be sure to take it easy on your shoulder/upper body workouts..it's no fun injuring yourself further..:cry: And remember-things have to get better sometime!
    Have a good one everyone!
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Just got back from vacation, and I only have a second so I'll catch up later...but I wanted to say...

Lilangel...I got my weights from Wal-mart. They're adjustable from 5 to 25 lbs in 5 lb increments. They're not as nice as the Bow-flex, but they were about $50 a piece, so for about $100 I was able to get started and they work great. Then I eventually got heavier dumbells as I got stronger for some of the squatting exercises.

Looking forward to catching up later today...hope everyone's having a great weekend!
    Megan
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ok, I decided to go ahead and jump into CE on Monday. I'll be using the Tuesday's rest day to alternate between Plyometrics and Classical Stretch. I'm gonna go ahead and use the meal plan from P90X on a 1450 net which should keep me the same weight while I build more muscle.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Ok so! I am SUPER EXCITED right now because I just did a spur of the moment thing and found a guy selling Bowflex selecttech 552's. The ones I wanted!!! It was a little adventure for me(bout 3 hours) but I got a pair, plus the stand for $200! That DEFINITELY beats any price I've found! I am sooo happy I can start CE either tomorrow (if I just can't wait) or Monday:happy: :happy: :happy: I'm not sure I can wait until Monday now!! hahaha:laugh:
    With that said, I messed up my eating today a little bit because of my travel. I decided to cut lunch out and eat an easy snack on the ride back (english muffin) and now that I'm home I made this banana pudding kinda deal and cinnamon grahams with pb-very good btw! :love: but a little larger "snack" than usual.:blushing: I also changed my meal plan a little so that I've increased my proteins and decreased carbs. So far so good and even with the meal change today I have not gone over on anything!
    I hope all is well for the rest of you girls! I am on a high right now thinking about CE! :laugh: I will be checking back later-I think I'm going to need to do some more workouts tonight (maybe Turbosculpt with my new weights!..weather turned to rain so probably no biking unless it lets up...)
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    I know I was the last person to post on here..lol but I'm so excited..plus I love this site!..Now I just finished Turbosculpt! I LOVE my new weights! :heart: :heart: I only used 5lbs for sculpt because its a little more "cardio-ish" and I like to shake it up during my workout! haha:glasses:
    Anyways, since I really am thinking about starting CE tomorrow, I was wondering (and snoopin around at you ladies' meals:blushing: ) Do you not have to follow her set CE meals? Almost all of the recipes in the book look awesome but I also think that I will have to add many more for snacks (or just increase/add things to my meal portions) to keep my calories around 1550 (which is my goal right now). Her suggested calorie intake for me is only like 1200..so again that's where I am confused..don't I need the extra?:huh:
    I will definitely be using many of recipes..but maybe I will have to make them versions of my own? haha Just need a little advice from you other CE's I guess:ohwell: ..thanks in advance
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Anyways, since I really am thinking about starting CE tomorrow, I was wondering (and snoopin around at you ladies' meals:blushing: ) Do you not have to follow her set CE meals?

I'm going with the P90X plan, mostly because I already have it worked out from when I did it and it was good enough for what I wanted.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    lolangel- Great deal on the weights!!!!

Megan- Thank you for the WalMart Info. for the weights. I didn't realize there were other brands available for that type of weights.

I did Punch, Kick & Jam today plus 30 minutes of dance cardio and 20 with exercise bands.

Am I the only one not doing CE?
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Am I the only one not doing CE?

There are two others who are only doing TJ. And I plan to go back to strait TJ once I'm done with a round of CE.
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Everyone-
    Sounds like we all had a great day! I'll have to try CE in the future when I'm more fit. Don't worry spiralgirl you're not alone. Went for a stroll this evening after work.

Angel have fun with your weight:wink:
    Have a happy night!
    ~Erica
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So today's the day! I am going to do my "befores" in just a few minutes and perform my FitTest too. After those things, I'm going to do a TJ FB or CardioPartyRemix--My mom and I started doing those and it's nice to come back to (and motivate her):happy: Plus, I probably should keep lower on the cardio today and save up for CE later this afternoon..
    Weather looks iffy so probably no biking..:frown: Maybe I'll do a 20-minute TJ to burn that extra:tongue:
    Spiralgirl-Don't worry! I am still going to do TJ sessions in between and on my days off..just lightening my TJ load a bit!..lol
    Ghanie-Looks like we will be starting CE around the same time! WOOHOO! Let's stick together on this! haha:laugh:
    Erica-Thanks, they will definitely get their "workout" also!:wink:
    Check back later!--Good job everyone!!:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ghanie-Looks like we will be starting CE around the same time! WOOHOO! Let's stick together on this! haha:laugh:

Yep, we'll be shoulder to shoulder on this one which should be fun!

Oh yeah photos ... I guess I can take some today, hehe. It will be interesting to see how my body changes without the weight moving (much).
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    OKAY! I officially just finished CE Burn 1!:heart::heart: I am super excited with this, I think it's going to be exactly what I need to add into my cardio workouts! Plan is on work days to do CE and probably a shorter cardio like the 20 minute, and on days off pump it up with longer cardio, CE, and +/- biking:bigsmile: I think I have decided to cut out the treadmill time-unless it is to replace biking coz of weather or something..I just won't have enough time in the evenings after work! I suppose I could always get up earlier to do CE, but I already have to get up at 6! :ohwell:
    Lol, I feel I am always blabbing on here..but I just can't get enough and it's really great to have others to share my thoughts and goals about fitness with (friends aren't exactly into it:huh: ) So thanks everyone for being my outlet! I hope everyone is succeeding with their own fitness goals for today and I love all the advice you bring! Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Checking in today with Fat Burn Challenge and I've Got Abs from CE.

LilAngel...have fun with CE!!! I still haven't taken my after pics from the first round...I really have to do it. My husband and daughter keep telling me they notice a huge difference.

Spiralgirl...great job on your workouts! I love PK&J, especially the copereira (sp?) part. Also, I didn't start CE until I'd been doing TJ for about a year. I really got into the toning and sculpting on TJ first and doing it that way worked well for me. You're getting in some killer workouts with your TJ and other workouts your doing! :drinker:

Ghanie, great job on hitting your goal! :flowerforyou: Have fun with CE! I'm back in the Burn month again, so I'll be with you and LilAngel.

Hi to Erica, Erika, Casey, and any other friends I've missed!
    :heart:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Anyways, since I really am thinking about starting CE tomorrow, I was wondering (and snoopin around at you ladies' meals ) Do you not have to follow her set CE meals?

I don't follow her meal plan exactly...I have a huge family and making all of those dishes that none of the kids would eat doesn't work for me. I'd love to have the luxury of following it exactly and seeing how it helps my workouts, but it's not possible. I've tried alot of the recipes for dinners though and I really like them. The other thing I've done is go through and note the different protein to carb ratios in the different phases. She adds more protein as you go through it, but I'm not very consistent with following that either, hahaha. :blushing: But just staying within my calories and eating healthy has worked just fine for me. The other thing is that I got soooo much hugrier with all the weight lifting. I practically had to eat all of my exercise calories to keep up my strength and energy! So you're right, you'd have to up the calories with some snacks where needed.

Glad you're loving your first Burn workout!!! It's so addictive! :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Angel, starting CE might be a good time to take the plunge into eating at least half your exercise calories. If it's your first time with heavy strength training, you might get a spike in weight because your muscles might retain water ... so take measurements too.

I didn't get around to taking photos. I kinda lost track of time while I was playing with this video editor. I was taking clips from X-stretch and Classical Stretch (kind of a best of both worlds deal) and condensed it into a new hour-long stretch routine for myself. I couldn't figure out how to even out the volume but it came out good enough I think.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Whew, what a busy weekend! I'm glad to be able to relax! As busy as it was, I still got in my workouts this weekend. Broke in the new treadmill with some HIIT trainging this morning and a DVD from my favorite instructor (sorry Chalene), Ellen Barrett. I have had this DVD for 3 years now and it still kicks my butt!

Had my 3 nephews over all day today, put them together with my 2 boys and you've got chaos! Now, I know exactly why I decided to only have 2 kids! I'm wiped out!

Well, it's off to bed so I can get up and start week 3 of the Lean Phase!!!

Erika