OMGosh...REALLY!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options

There should be no competition! That is my point!!! I maybe a sahm but I have to get up really early to get most of my exercises in. If I didn't get up early they would not get done. Just as this lady said ,"they must not work or go to school and have the whole day to do whatever they want."....No...not even close! I make time for my exercises. Just as a working mom has to make time for hers.

I wasn't referring to your post. It was another poster who implied that working moms don't care about their children as much as sahms. I can't remember now if that same poster said many children are raising themselves because parents are busy working.

I understand where you are coming from in your post and took no offended to it.
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options

There should be no competition! That is my point!!! I maybe a sahm but I have to get up really early to get most of my exercises in. If I didn't get up early they would not get done. Just as this lady said ,"they must not work or go to school and have the whole day to do whatever they want."....No...not even close! I make time for my exercises. Just as a working mom has to make time for hers.

I wasn't referring to your post. It was another poster who implied that working moms don't care about their children as much as sahms. I can't remember now if that same poster said many children are raising themselves because parents are busy working.

I understand where you are coming from in your post and took no offended to it.
    Thank you for understanding:)
  • NomadicKris
    Options
    *sigh* I really thought this would be once place where this wasn't an issue - I have left so many forums and even facebook because of crap like this.

Just respect each other. That's it.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    The grass is always greener on the other side, right? We all have to work hard to succeed in both child rearing and weight loss, whether we work outside the home or not. It always seems like it must be easier for others. We see or hear them doing "everything" right, but our own lives are messy, and it is hard work to make those good choices. Hang in there.

Oh my gosh...people really need to "think" before they speak! I am a stay at home wife and mom. I had to give up some luxuries to do be able to do that but well worth it!!! To hear someome say, "I don't see how people can exercise and burn 1,000 or more calories a day...they must not work or go to school!" That is an insult... I take care of our home, our animals, keep our home spotless, cook, bake, grocery shop, home schooled my now 18 year old son, make sure all bills are paid on time, do I need to keep going??? Sorry people...my job is never ending!!! Maybe I can exercise and burn over 1,000 calories a day because I get up early enough to get my "main" work out in. I choose exercises that I get the most benefit from, I am decidated to what I do! It has nothing to do with the fact that I do not "work" or go to school! I am greatful I was able to be a stay at home wife and mom and would not change it for the world but it came with a lot of sacrifices on our part! I respect all the moms out there who have to work outside the home and for those of us who don't I have just as much respect for as it is a lot harder than people think! Anyone else get this???
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen this? http://swz.salary.com/MomSalaryWizard/LayoutScripts/Mswl_NewSearch.aspx

It's just for fun. Plug in your hours like you would a time card for each job you do :flowerforyou:
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I really thought this would be once place where this wasn't an issue - I have left so many forums and even facebook because of crap like this.

Just respect each other. That's it.

I agree that everyone should respect each other BUT .... you just have to stay away from the forums. EVERYONE has an opinion. Some choose to share while others don't. That's life no matter what site you are on.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I did all of the things listed and was working outside the home. Kind of resent the implication that working moms don't care as much about their family. That is just as stupid as saying stay at homes don't work hard.

Yup.

Yup again!
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    I totally agree with you!!! The nerve of them! And you know what? It doesnt have to just be SAHM's who possibly could be the "only" ones who could do this since they dont do anything....(inserted sarcasm). If they REALLY wanted to, someone who worked 10 to 12 hrs a day could do this also!! Its just a matter of how badly you want something and what your priorities are. Of course your kids and husband come first, but you get what Im saying:) I do an hr in the morning of high intensity cardio which usually gives me for my weight, etc about 550 calories burned just from that alone. Then in the evening I do another 30 mins of a workout which usually gives me ruffly another 250 to 300 right there! Its all in how badly you want something and what you are willing to do to make it happen:)
    Exactly!!! Well said:)
  • terrie_exercise_mom
    Options
    The whole issue behind this post was basically don't use the excuse that you are a wm and have no time to exercise while us sahm have all the time in the world to just sit around and do what we want and that is why I can burn more calories. Rather a sahm or wm exercising takes decidation...plain and simple! I would never put down a wm...I wish everyone had the oppurnity to stay home with their children if they wished. I was fortunate enough to cut enough corners that I could do that and don't regret one moment of it. But it was a lot more challenging than I ever imagined. I don't need people behind me 100% as some say as I am 110% behind myself and know how hard I work and how decidated I am to getting up early and being able to get my exercise in. With that said...rather you are a sahm or wm exercise and making time for it takes commitment and decidation!!! It don't just come to us that are sahm...