How many days a week do you run?

Options
sluedu09
sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
Just curious how many days a week the runners here run? How far do you go? How long have you been running?

Replies

• huizenm
    huizenm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I run 4X a week and usually log between 15-20 miles. I started running (using Couch to 5K) about a year ago. I've completed numerous 5K's and my first 10K in May. Training now for a 15K and a 1/2 in October!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've just become a more active running and I currently run 2-3 times a week for either 5 or 6 miles. I'm hoping to run at least 4x a week this summer and increasing my mileage. I'm interested to see what others say! I tend to stick to my 'longer' runs and don't vary it much. I'm wondering if I should try to work in some shorter & faster runs(?)
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Been running about 11 years and it is my salvation. I wanted to do a marathon and my son (who is an Iron man) said "Sign up and just do it." So I did. That was 3 marathons and dozens od\f half marathons ago. I run about 25 to 30 miles a week and ALWAYS take one day a week totally off. I just relax on this day. I love running and hope to keep it up for years!!!!!
  • krgarrigan
    Options
    I run 4x per week between 18-20 miles per week. I started about 4 years ago and the weight started coming off and now I'm addicted to it. Unfortunately, I was told to cut down (well actually to take a break), so now I'm looking for cardio that will not put pounding on my foot for a bit. Suggestions? Want to heal up fast, have a half marathon in October to train for!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've been running for almost 4 years. My running schedule depends on whether or not I'm training for a specific race or not.

Training for my last half-marathon had me running 4 times a week with the highest volume week hitting around 50km.

In between training cycles I'll run 5 or 6 times per week but typically shorter runs (between 5 and 10km) and shoot for 25 to 35km.
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about one year, how far I run depends on how I feel that day, always a minimum of 2miles, I try to run 5K once a week, but as time goes on I want to start a 10K once a week. I progress myself slowly (I am 47yrs old, I don't want to rush these things!) Depending on what's going on that week I try to run 4-5 times per week, sometimes it ends up being only 3, but we can't have everything!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of my first 1/2 marathon training and I currently do just 3 days. I've tried 4 but I'm not there yet where it doesn't hurt my runs. I'm starting phase 2 of 3 which is a 10K distance.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ive only recently started and i run 6 times a week but i do different lengths
    like i'll do 2 long lengths
    3 medium
    and one short in a week
  • dd_01
    dd_01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I run 2-3 times per week one 3 miler one 6 miler started with 5j last april then upped 2 10k then tried 2 up 2 half marathon but strugglied past 9 miles so Dropped back 2 10k xx
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm really new at it. I've only been running since Nov/Dec. I also started with the Couch 2 5k program. I'm doing 4 times a week and averaging about 15 miles. I really want to pick it up. I was going to go this morning, but I'm sore and tired.
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    I run 4-5 days a week. 2-5 miles. I change it around.
  • knl124
    knl124 Posts: 44
    Options
    I run about 5-6 times a week, anywhere from 8-13 miles a day. I have been running for almost 11 years now, so I am used to the long distances.
  • georgiaTRIs
    Options
    That's a great schedule. I do long runs every other Saturday and depend on upcomming race that can mean 10 - 18 miles. I run 5 days a week for 5 miles, lift (gotta work the core) 3 days a week and don't do anything on Wednesdays. I am trying to figure out a better core workout. Do you know anthing about rowing machines? Think that might be a good cross training but don't know a lot about it.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5-6 on my good weeks when i am focus
  • georgiaTRIs
    Options
    Do you do any rowing as cross training? I run long distance races also and have heard that rowing machines are a great way to work the core plus cross train.
  • georgiaTRIs
    Options
    Welcome to the world of runners. Look forward to hearing about your progress
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Newbie runner here :) I've only started running in April, but I would say that I run 4-5 days a week, 5K each day, with one 7.5K on a sunday morning.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    3 times a week between a mile and 3 miles along with some sprints and other stuff
  • georgiaTRIs
    Options
    Your first half marathon -- that's exciting. Sounds like you are working well towards a great goal. good luck, I look forward to hearing your progress
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Every other day. I only started running 3weeks ago and I'm doing c25k. Once I have completed this ill crank it up a bit. Didn't want to completely shock my body.