How many days a week do you run?

Options

Replies

• McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    I started running December of 2008. I could run 1/2 mile. I started out with the goal of completing a marathon and accomplished that in October of 2009, February 2010, and December 2010. Now I run 3-4 times a week and log 4-7 miles per run because I'm not training for anything right now. I also do an exercise video and spin on my no run days. I'm 34, married with no kids. My pace ranges anywhere from 10-12 minute miles. Hey, I live in Chattanooga, it's HILLY here! :wink:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Do you do any rowing as cross training? I run long distance races also and have heard that rowing machines are a great way to work the core plus cross train.

Believe it or not, squats and deadlifts are two of the best exercises for the core.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    3 times a week - about 14 miles total so far. 2 4 miles runs, and a longer run on the weekend. Just started running with C25K in December.
  • armsactually
    armsactually Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    since i've started getting serious a few months ago I've been running 3-4 times per week. Usually a mile every other day. I'll walk 1-2 miles in the days between.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I try for 4-8km three times a week. I also try to cycle commute 5 days a week so I don't go for much more than that or my legs threaten to go on strike.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 2-3 times run each week between 4-5 miles. I also do Insanity workout + Jillian Michael 6 wks Six Pack :)
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I run 6 day a a week and I will run anywhere between 5-7 miles .
    How long running about year and a half .
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I run once or twice a week right now. I don't really measure distance but I run for at least 35 minutes right now. Other days I alternate between elliptical (which I don't think does much aside from the cardio aspect) and walking at an incline on the treadmill, which has really helped me with running and is not so hard on my knees. I would like to run more, but my schedule doesn't really allow it since you have to do it really early or really late in the Mississippi summer and I loathe running on a treadmill. We shall see.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear how people cross train for running! I don't have a rowing machine at my gym so I try to vary it with the elliptical (HIIT) and a stationary bike. I'm not so good at fitting in strength training (maybe 3x a week for 15 minutes..). does anyone do yoga to help with the tight muscles?
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    My primary excercise well pretty much only at this point 5-6 days a week. 8-9 miles at a time on the 6th day either Saturday or Sunday I will go 10 or 12 maybe 14 miles. Been running almost 2.5 years now the last year has been outside only, ditched the treadmill. Last winter it was only maybe 3 times a week pretty dependant on how wet or cold it got but I still got 3 runs in a week.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    7 days a week
    average 50-60 miles per week during training
    40-50 during maintenance
    anywhere from 3-20 per day
    I have been running for 8 years
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My primary excercise well pretty much only at this point 5-6 days a week. 8-9 miles at a time on the 6th day either Saturday or Sunday I will go 10 or 12 maybe 14 miles. Been running almost 2.5 years now the last year has been outside only, ditched the treadmill. Last winter it was only maybe 3 times a week pretty dependant on how wet or cold it got but I still got 3 runs in a week.

I ditched the treadmill too. Even on a wet, cold day, I'd still prefer to be outdoors as opposed to running in place.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT Sprints 3 days a week if that counts. Otherwise I avoid running like the plague.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 8 years now. I usually take 2 to 3 rest days per month, so I'm typically in the 8 to 14 consecutive day range before taking a day off and there are occasional doubles in there too. My weekly mileage hovers between 55 and 70 miles per week, depending on the phase of training that I am in. Right now, it's a bit off kilter as I am recovering from a medical condition, but I expect the mileage to be back to that level within the next couple of weeks.

ETA: Workout distances are between 6 and 10 miles, for the most part with my long run between 12 and 16 miles, until I hit marathon training, then it goes up to as high at 22.
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 days a week. At the moment probably mostly on the treadmill as I build up stamina and endurance. Did my first outdoors 5k today.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i try and run 5-6 times a week. its my stress reliever. i normally go for a minimum of 5 miles.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've been jogging for about a year and a half now; depending on my work schedule, I'll run up to 4 days a week with at least 5 miles per outing.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Just curious how many days a week the runners here run? How far do you go? How long have you been running?

Usually 4-5 days a week. I try to average 20-25 miles per week. I've been a runner since 1984.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I run 3 days a week...

Wednesday - 3 miles
    Friday - 3 to 4.5 miles
    Sunday 6 to 11 miles

I started running Memorial Day of 2009 (never ran in my life and ran for 3 whole minutes - LOL) and have been running ever since. I've completed 6 half marathons and training for my 7th in July.

Seriously thinking of running a full marathon next year, just not sure I want to give up so much time to training though... would need to increase to 4 days a week and longer runs. But it would be a new challenge! :happy:
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    every other day until my first half marathon usually 4-5 miles during the week and then I'm up to 10 miles on my weekend runs (my half is 10 days away!) When the half is done I'll probably go down to running 3-4miles during the week and 5-6 on the weekends.