What to make with leftover baked chicken?

Options
124»

Replies

• cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Check out Rachel Rays recipe for chicken stew - OMG, my husband made it last night for the first time and it was amazing!!
    She has several online, I'm not sure which one you're talking about.

Sorry, it is the Catalan Chicken Stew.
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Below is a link to cookinglight's Chicken Tetrazzini recipe. I usually halve the recipe, since the recipe actually makes two casseroles. It's only 381 calories per (generous) serving and is DELISH!~

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tetrazzini-10000000522494/
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missywill1
    missywill1 Posts: 23
    Options
    chicken soup, chicken fajitas, chicken salad, chicken sandwiches, chicken on a green salad.....YUM this is making me hungry!:wink:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you like soup, we had this for dinner last night. If I make it again, I would double the tomatoes and maybe use a little less broth.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sopa-ranchera-10000000223611/

Didn't bother with the toppings either - the idea of putting sour cream and cheese on such a broth-y soup sounded weird to me.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    As it's the Queen's Jubilee in the UK, why not do a healthy version of Coronation Chicken (a cold curried salad-type dish)? Yum! Great with rice, a baked potato or in a sandwich or wrap.

Ingredients

1 chicken breast, without skin, cooked and cut into chunks
    1 red apple, washed and cored
    1 green apple, washed and cored
    Juice of 1/2 a lemon
    2tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
    1 small pot (150g/6oz) low-fat plain yogurt
    1tsp curry powder

To serve

Cooked brown rice, cooled
    Green salad

Method

1. Chop the apples into bite-sized chunks and put them in a small bowl. Pour over the lemon juice then stir to coat the fruit and stop it discolouring.
    2. In another bowl, fold together the mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder and some freshly milled black pepper.
    3. Fold in the chopped apple, chicken, cucumber and sultanas and mix until evenly coated with the sauce.
    4. Serve on a bed of cooled, cooked brown rice with a fresh green salad

Serves 2; 390 kcal; Fat 12.1g; Salt 0.4g

('Borrowed' from http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/145365/Healthy-coronation-chicken)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    we make tons of stuff with leftover chicken. we actually buy gf rotisseries sometimes and strip them down and freeze the meat for meals. now if its not breaded its more versatile. chicken soup, chicken wraps, chicken pasta, chicken white chili, chicken panini, chicken fritata, etc. easy chicken bbq for lunch just shredd add sauce and eat.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice, chicken tacos, chicken salad, chicken soup, chicken sandwiches, hot chicken sandwiches, make a pasta and throw in chicken instead of beef, stir fry...
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use leftover chicken to make BBQ chicken pizza. The recipe I use gives you 1 large slice for 375 calories. I am sure the recipe could be tweaked to lower the calories.

Mmm I love chicken on pizza
  • Naynay1980
    Options
    Did anyone say www.skinnytaste.com??? I love that site. Good luck.