Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• tdaviduke
    Options
    I add some Club House salad dressing seasoning, like Country Vegetable or Ranch., to the entire container But the secret is to blend it with a hand blender or food processor till smooth. For extra richness I throw in a tablespoon of mayo to the whole container. Makes a fantastic dip for vegies. Otherwise I don't like cottage cheese at all.
  • ccd27
    ccd27 Posts: 23
    Options
    The only way I can eat cottage cheese is with saltines. I just love them together for some reason.
  • aquadaisygirl
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with salsa and tortilla chips. Yum!
  • tanisha_rae
    Options
    My personal favorite.. Hot Sauce!!! Im not a sweet/ cottage cheese person.. it needs to be savory... But man... cottage cheese, hot sauce, and some wheat thins... yeah buddy...
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    thanks for all these great ideas :)

I'm eating it with the typical Strawberry jam on a toast most of the time but I will try some stuff i've seen here for sure.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i don't like posting at the end because people dont see it as much LOL but this is worth it....
    if you like APPLE CHEESE DANISHES then you will like this.

cut up one apple into small chunks. microwave until soft (approx 1 minute)
    mix with:
    cottage cheese (as much as desired...i use 3/4 c up)
    stevia
    cinnamon
    vanilla

IF you have the available calories add: raisins and brown sugar

mix it all together and refrigerate overnight (you dont have to but its better the next day)
    and VOILA!! dessert!!! (tastes better than it looks)
    008-1.jpg
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bacon

SO true.

You ca also try cocoa powder and stevia.

Mix in blender, refrigerate and consume. So delicious, it's in the south beach diet book but with ricotta.

googlee South beach Ricotta Crème Desserts, there are plenty of sweet options.

For savory, mix with any chunky food you like roast beef, stew or chili /spagheti sauce
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Mix equal parts cottage cheese and plain yogurt in a blender with a ranch seasoning packet.

Makes a yummy veggie dip, potato topper, or salad dressing.
  • samox87
    Options
    I love putting about 1 to 1.5 tablespoon of fruit preserves from a jar (i love the strawberry the best!) with it and have a little of the fruit with every bite! For me, it kind of reminds me of a healthy cheese cake so i have it as a dessert alot!... i have also found that different brand names acutally taste different! The best i have found so far is the Daisy Brand 2% small curd and the worst is the Walmart Great Value brand 1% small curd. Hope this helps!
  • adubyou
    adubyou Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think cottage cheese is pretty damn tasty already... but I've been known to add Sriacha sauce to it. Or any other hot sauce... I also like Tapatio.
  • imgonnadanceagain
    Options
    Lots of folks add Sugar Free Cheesecake pudding mix.
  • OoSnowiteoO
    Options
    i love cottage cheese but heres some suggestions. avacodo, some salt, pears or any fruit. pears are best! raisins are good also. pinapple or just the pinapple juice is good as well.
  • sabrinajh918
    Options
    stevia and ANY fruit works WONDERS. Seriously... just stevia works wonders.

Im the same way--cottage cheese? BLECK!... gimme stevia and some frozen blueberries and I'm good.
  • Jde56
    Jde56 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add flavoured tuna..really yummy
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thread, so hope this isn't a complete repeat.

Try different brands, curd sizes and fat levels. They can taste very different. I still don't like some brands, but have found others I can really enjoy.

Like some others said... green olives (although I don't use the pepper that some others have mentioned). Add other cheeses, like ricotta, parmesan or romano. Also consider turning around your question... instead of adding things to cottage cheese, find recipes where you can add cottage cheese to other things you like, possibly substituting them for ingredients that don't meet your goals as well. Cottage cheese can be used in shakes or smoothies, lasagna or casseroles instead of other cheeses with less nutrition per calorie, etc.

Good luck!
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nasty stuff - nothing makes it taste better as far as I'm concerned. There's too many things I actually enjoy to waste my time (or calories) on something I hate. My advice? If you don't like cottage cheese, don't eat cottage cheese.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Bump

I've put peanut butter or almond butter, and I've even put sugar free jelly before.

I also like adding fruit and rolled oats (not cooked) or grape nuts..sometimes I throw some nuts in too, just make a small mix.

I've eaten it (cottage cheese) alone with salsa and like it...
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I used to love cottage cheese before I went vegan- I used to have it with pineapple chunks, papaya, peaches (especially tinned peaches tasted yummy haha),, cantaloupe melon or pears, there seems to be a recurring theme of fruit in my list ^^
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Gold Fish crackers...adds crunch and flavor!
  • jalebkackson
    Options
    cheerios and strawberry jams pretty good. or syrup and cheerios