Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    a tbsp of raspberry or strawberry preserves! Sometimes I will add frozen berries and a packet of truvia too. Filling and delicious!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    bacon

can't BELIEVE the thread went as far as it did before the correct answer was revealed.

thank you, sir.

Bacon makes everything better...

preach it!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    bacon
    ^^ You beat me to it.
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options

Sweet? Crystal Light mix.

Cottage cheese mixed with Crystal Light sounds like the most disgusting thing since that poop thread

Really, I felt that way reading cottage cheese and apple sauce.

I happen to love cottage cheese. I'll eat it plain or with pineapple. It pairs well with a peanut butter sandwich (which I now eat as peanut butter on a rice cake).
  • rachelbina
    rachelbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like it with salt and pepper. If i didn't like it, i'd probably add a few ounces to a fruit and protein smoothie.
    If I hated it I wouldn't eat it. I'd eat yogurt instead. Cottage cheese is a good source of protein. If you force yourself to
    eat something you don't like you might sabotage yourself. Get your protein from meat, fish, soy, other dairy products,
    nuts... enjoy what you eat and you'll better your chances of success.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    purchase a small cantaloupe, cut in half, seed and clear out middle.....fill center with cottage cheese and apply fresh black pepper....can you say, 'delicious?'

actually adding fruits e.g. pineapple, peaches, pears, tomatoes, etc. are a wonderful addition when using cottage cheese.
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This might be weird - but green olives and a bit of pepper is my favorite!

Mine too!!!!!! I get the strangest looks for it! haha!

This doesn't sound weird at all!!! I HAVE to try it!!!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    oh, cottage cheese on top of your garden or chopped salad instead of dressing is a wonderful option too.
  • kathyduffney
    Options
    Go to dashingdish.com and look at the shake recipes. They use cottage cheese but are really good!. I do not like cottage cheese but am hooked on the skinny frappuccino!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I eat it everyday w/ lite salt and pepper. Ive tried to do the fruit thing, just can't do it
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know cottage cheese is good for hyou and I have tried incorporating into my diet a few times but I just can not get over the taste and the texture.

Theres gotta be something healthy I can mix into it that will change the taste and hide the constancy.

Any thoughts?

Just don't eat it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Only the dairy industry says it's good for you (read $$)
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Try the 4% creamy version if you can find it (Neilson brand here in Canada)...only a few more calories (120/half cup as compared to 90 or 100 for the 1%) and tastes WAY better. I save the lower fat type for making dips or for use in recipes, where it's more the consistency you're looking for.
    The salsa idea sounds really yummy though, I will definitely be trying that! :o)
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%! I like to mix 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and puree it all with a sweetener or fruit of some sort in the blender. It starts to taste like cheesecake filling actually. Add a litte honey or Splenda (if you do artificial sweeteners) and some vanilla...

Also, someone mentioned Crystal Light...I've never tried that, but I have added sugar free jello powder mixed with it, and it adds more fruity flavor. It's very tasty! Explore the possibilities! Enjoy!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Two additions works for me as I don't like to increase the sugar content- 1) Some spices 2) Add sugar free squash such as pineapple, mango, tropical etc.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Blend it! It makes a tasty condiment to add onto Mexican food or in baked goods to replace things like sour cream, regular cheese, etc...
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, find something else to eat. There is too much good food out there to waste your time eating something you hate.
  • kejurek
    kejurek Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello :)
  • jjmcmanus
    jjmcmanus Posts: 1
    Options
    Diced tomato, chopped fresh basil, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle of pepper.... cottage cheese caprese.... yum.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    sugar free pudding mix
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese as a filling in Veggie Lasagna. I strain off any excess liquid first.