ALMOST there! ~90lbs lost in about 10 months.

Options

Replies

• jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    You look terrific!! Congrats on all your hard work!!!!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing.

Starting exercising with a cane? Facing possible paralysis and maybe even having another disc herniate?

The way you faced what had to be a frightening situation, and kept at it -- this didn't just require a physical transformation, you transformed your life, and it sounds (and looks) like you are a stronger person for it.

Way to go.
  • Bigjayinga
    Bigjayinga Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats, looking good,
  • rodes27
    rodes27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Awesome!::happy:
  • jroja021
    jroja021 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank god I found you! Ive been trying to inspire my sister in law to take care of herself and she has the same problem. Thank you for inspiring others! Congrats on your amazing weight loss and control of your life
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look absolutely amazing! I'm 5'8" too, so it's nice to see what I might look like when I finally get down to that weight. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

I hear ya! 5'8" also. You look amazing! Congrats on your recovery and success.
    :smile:
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    you are truly inspiring... <3
  • sugarwcoffee
    Options
    Very inzpirationzl. You've been on a mission keep goong!
  • Wendyerickson
    Wendyerickson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    damn...great job:) Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations on your results!
  • diana776
    diana776 Posts: 54
    Options
    inspiration!
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    awesome job..very well done
  • Camie3
    Camie3 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow!!! Fantastic:flowerforyou:
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Before, this was 270-something lbs. The second shot is from today at the gym. 174.8!!

I'm 5'8". I'm 31 years old and Mom of three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.

Current routine: I run 6-7 days/week, and lift weights 2-3x/week. Eat less crap, drink more water.

Current goal: 145-160lbs, resting at whichever number I feel strong, faster, and healthy. To be determined when I get there. :-)

beforeduring20120605.jpg

EDITED:
    I've gotten like 10 messages asking how I did it or how I got started. Here you go...

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

Your story brings tears to my eyes, that is the definition of tenacity. Congratulations on all of your success!!!!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    wow. you look awesome. nice job
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Wow, God Bless you. Miracles do happen.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    All that hard work finally paying off. . .and now the hard work of maintaining it. Your body is in a different chemical state and you are doing the right things to keep it balanced. Good job!

-Debra
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing!
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    U look great and congrads.:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!