The Double Belly...UGH

Options

Replies

• Shanaw2525
    Shanaw2525 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I swear by planking, it seriously was the only thing that really helped my stomach issues.
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have done a lot of reading on this and those top bellies may be the result of diastasis recti (some information regarding is here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diastasis-recti/AN02153) - a seperation of the abdominal muscles after pregnancy... you can tell if you suffer from easily.... They actually suggest NOT doing regular ab exercises b/c it can become worse.... definitely worth looking into, if you think that is the issue.

I have had 4 C-sections and I suffer from a "mommy flap" which is mostly scar tissue and skin, since losing almost 70lbs... I am too much of a chicken to have it removed... I have seen a large improvement in it through core strengthening... it has lifted and become less noticeable, but still there :(
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Same here! Except my bottom belly is sliced in half top to bottom from a c-section so I have laugh when I say I have two bellies and two butts.

What can you do? Not sure, but learn to accept it and try to improve it. Life ain't always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride.

I have two bellies and two butts too....LOL!!!!!!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i have a B belly (thats what it looks like from the side) and i reckon i always will

when i was pregnant with my daughter the middle of my double belly stayed the same so i would end up with her butt in the top part and her head in the lower part or visa versa.

maybe it would have eventually rounded out to a nice basketball preggers belly but shes impatient and made her big entrance 15 weeks early

i see lots of full body spankz in my future
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My top belly is bigger than the bottom, but is kinda pinched in at the sides so it looks like a sad face :(
    :sad:
  • cingroomer
    cingroomer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have that little pooch line above my belly too and from what I hear you can only exercise to get that off. I've done the Jillian Michaels boot camp DVD and she talked specifically about it. I think some of it has to do with after menopause too and getting that midriff bulge. I've got about 13lbs left to lose but don't have much hope that is going away, and I do exercise, every week day.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the double belly too. With exercise my bellies are sinking lower and lower and looking more deflated lol. I have more soft lower belly flab so a pair of slightly tight (tight like you would wear if you use pads for TOM) and so just look 4 month's pregnant. I did look like I was 6 month's pregnant before MFP. I've also had a few kids and I was overweight before I got pregnant and now I have lots of stretch marks.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have that too! I've had it all my life. It's so frustrating because my waist/belly button area is kind of small but my upper and lower stomach sticks out way more. My upper belly is starting to go away (it's almost kinda flat!) but the lower belly will not go away and it's driving me insane. It makes my hips huge and that whole area round. And it's so annoying because I can wear two pieces or anything with a midriff because them my bottoms go under my lower belly Ugh.
    I don't think I've ever met anyone that I know of that has that body type so I'm glad I'm not alone!
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    I have this. :( I sometimes try to make my kids laugh by squishing the halves together and pretending it's talking. But then later I feel like crying sometimes. lol...my belly is pretty much becoming the biggest part of me now, like a gigantic version of the one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater, except much more gross and not nearly as cool...
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all my Multi-belly friends!! I am adding you all!! LOL

But yep..as most have suggested. You cant really do anything to target one specific area. You need to just keep on keeping on with the weight loss and work in the weight training. My top belly has gone down some but it is a stubborn area. Good luck with your journey. :)
  • ColdKarmaGrl
    ColdKarmaGrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with a "B" belly (because from the side it looks like the letter b)!!

I hate my stomach....it has always been oddly shaped, and the top is slightly bigger than the bottom. It was smaller when i had lost weight before i got married, but the weight came back and now my belly is awful.

But, I must say that it is nice to know I am not the only one on earth that has this shape. :) xx
  • beaner294
    Options
    I knew that it couldn't be just me and my bestest baby buddy with the dreaded "giant belly flaps of doom" as we so lovingly call them. I HATE my stomach more than anything, to the point where I cannot stand to have my husband touch it/them. Actually hideous. My lifes dream is to be rid of the pair of my stomachs. How sad is that???

Am also hoping that when I shift some of this weight they will be less noticeable, especially my top tummy, which in certain items of clothing makes me look pregnant (I last had a baby 4 years ago). Much love to all those on this thread with the belly flaps of doom. I seriously feel your pain, good luck all xxxxxxxxxxxxx <3
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Same here! Except my bottom belly is sliced in half top to bottom from a c-section so I have laugh when I say I have two bellies and two butts.

What can you do? Not sure, but learn to accept it and try to improve it. Life ain't always beautiful, but its a beautiful ride.

I have two bellies and two butts too....LOL!!!!!!

Oh my gosh! I have that too! Never occured to me to call it that tho. I have noticed that since losing weight my "front butt" is more defined. My scar is HUGE!!
  • Smdivin
    Smdivin Posts: 1
    Options
    Yup! Victim of the double-belly syndrome too. lol What I dislike most is that my belly protrudes past my boobs...especially sitting down. UGH!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I do. And they seem to be the last thing to go.
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    I completely understand and know what you are going through. I have not always had it but I have always been heavy. Definitely need to eat lean meats, stay away from fatty foods that add to the bulge and get some exercise in that targets the mid and lower abs. There are many out there so find some that work for you. I am definitely working on mine as well. Best of wishes.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not alone. Livestrong suggests the following to reduce the double belly. Seems like a pretty universal plan. Off to the gym.... :)

Step 1
    Eliminate foods that have added sugar, more than 400 calories per serving and more than 5 percent of the daily value of fat from your diet. This typically includes giving up chips, soda, ice cream, cookies, fast and fried foods.
    Step 2
    Choose more fruits, grains, low-fat dairy, lean proteins and vegetables for your snacks and meals. These types of foods are low in calories, fat and sugar but high in vitamins and minerals, which are fuel for an active lifestyle and promote a lean body composition.
    Step 3
    Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day to help fill you up.
    Step 4
    Perform three to five strength-training sessions per week, concentrating on exercises that target your arms, legs, chest, back and stomach. You can perform a full-body workout or workout muscle groups on certain days. Do at least eight to 12 repetitions per exercise.
    Step 5
    Do aerobic exercise daily, aiming for 30 to 60 minutes. The amount of calories you burn will depend on your weight, the duration and intensity of the workout and the activity. Start with as many minutes as you can do and gradually increase the duration.
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    Yall are hysterically funny with the descriptions. ROFL. I have heard it all.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've got the exact same problem, and I hate it. :(
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    *SIGH* I have 2 bellies as well. I had them before I had babies...though it got worse after baby #2. But working on it!!