The Double Belly...UGH

Options
12346»

Replies

• Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    80 lbs. ago, I had two large bellies. 80 lbs. later, I still have two bellies. They're just smaller than they were. Saggier too. I think the lower one is actually a bit flatter than the upper one and truth be told, the only way I'm going to get rid of them completely is to finish losing the fat (30 lbs. to go), maintain for a while, and then get plastics. Ab work has helped--planks, crunches, and a variety of exercises my physical therapist gave me to help strengthen the core. I've lost a couple inches in my waist and hips in the last few weeks from these exercises alone. Probably just tightening muscle since the scale hasn't really moved but it's definitely a difference. Body types like ours lose the abdominal fat last, unfortunately. Just keep working at it. Sensible diet, regular exercise, healthy lifestyle. And patience. Lots and lots of patience. :)
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    DefluffinMyStuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the two bellys. An upstairs and a downstairs. The downstairs basement belly has significantly more square footage than the upstairs but the belly button landing line is clearly defined. I have actually named it my "Buttelly". If you look at it sideways, it's totally a big wopsided butt masquerading as a belly. The downstairs has been there since puberty. Literally at every size, the belly basement has been with me. It's like I have a built in flotation device. Looks like I'm smuggling a ducky swim ring in my pants at all times....Until I turn around and then there's the flat screen tv in the back of my pants. Dagnabbit if it don't have a crack in it though. :brokenheart:
    Anyhoo. Buttellys must not be all bad or else wouldn't so many exist. Here's to downsizing! :drinker:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am finally at or near my goal weight, but still have belly issues....I have 2 belly buttons!! One is the real one...the other is the dimple in my lower abdomen where I had my tummy cut to have my appendix out....sucks..but now I have 2 belly buttons....and since the muscles were cut, I have a belly bulge that won't go away... :(
  • landontwin
    landontwin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll never get rid of my double belly. At my highest weight I was 224lbs. In the picture, I'm 197lbs at 5"4'. I've now lost 77lbs and as you can see in the photos, I STILL have a significant double belly. I haven't left the house in 3 years with a compression tank under my clothes. It's extremely horrible.

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/landontwin/media/Progress/photo2.jpg.html
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have it and will always have it, as I have a lot of loose skin over my belly button now.
  • csmelinda
    csmelinda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ouch I have that too, it's been like that ever since. Cycling helped a lot (with the lower one), but as soon as I stopped it started to get back to the original shape, even though my weight did not change...