Big Breasted Success?

Options
I was just wondering if there's anyone with a success story who has a C-cup or larger.

As any heavily endowed women trying to lose weight will know, it's a trying effort if not more uncomfortable when there's two heavy fun bags hanging off your chest, weighing you down and causing you considerable back ache.

So it would be nice to see if anyone who's gone through the tediousness of finding a sturdy sports bra and suffering through those related pains of such heavy lifting have succeeded in major weight loss goals, and also whether or not any of that weight was lost in the boobies.

Thanks!

I'm a D-cup, by the way. :*(

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I can't really afford anything special, however I just wear one of my older bras and put a sports bra over it...or. an old bra...one of those cammy shirts with the "built in bra" and then a regular sports bra...works really well for me. :) I can even jog without being gauked at. LOL good luck! I'm a 42DD btw...:flowerforyou:

OH I really haven't lost much in my breasts...which is great :laugh: I was fearful that would happen but thanks to my mama's genes i don't c it happening! :glasses:
  • megbh83
    megbh83 Posts: 9
    Options
    I started as a 42DDD, and am now back down to a 40DD already, so that makes me happy, but that is still a lot of Boob! I'm doing outdoor boot camp and its a lot of running and such, but its hard to run with these girls! Some days I'm afraid I'm gonna take myself out with them. My biggest fear is losing everywhere but the girls. They have gone down some, but typically I dont lose weight in the boobs, at least not first, I lose everywhere else, I cant remember the last time I was just a D-cup! Hoping to be there or less next year though!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Me, me! When I started this journey, I was in a 40H or a 42G. Normally, when I lose weight (ie in the past) my cup size would INCREASE when my band size decreased (basically, the boobs didn't shrink at all). This time though, it's different (thankfully!). I attribute it to all the exercise, especially the running. I am currently wearing a 38E. I hope to get down to a 36D eventually, but that may be a pipe dream without surgery, we'll have to see.

For bras, this is a good one. Not super easy to get on and off, but well worth it: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL323/?cc=MRL
  • borpy
    borpy Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm on my journey for weight loss but I've found my best friends are a sports bra that's one size smaller than my usual size with a lot of fabric in the front, and the eliptical machine. You still bounce around but not so much as when you're on the treadmill, I find my back doesn't hurt at all after the eliptical. I'm a 40DD. I found my sports bra for 17$(cdn) at wal-mart.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I finally found a sports bra that fit, nothing special, and they still jiggle a lot (just finding one that covered the girl's completely was a chore. I did the C25K program, now I run (ok, jog fast but it's running to me) and can for over 30 minutes if I choose too. I'm also strength training with a trainer at my gym.

I've lost almost 35 lbs and very little from my chest. I do plan on a reduction some day.

I'm a 38F (yes you read that right....an F!!!!)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    44DDD/F to 32DDD/F

I just double-bag - regular bra with a too-small sports bra on top.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I currently wear a 38L. I am down from a 44M. I still cannot find a sports bra that fits. The best bra that I have for exercising is a posture bra. I'm definitely not a runner (due to the girls), but when I really get going on the elliptical, it's almost as bad. Hope to continue to lose (hopefully proportionally) some more in the bust. I've always been well-endowed, though. Even when I was skinny.
  • Teshablue82
    Teshablue82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Me, me! When I started this journey, I was in a 40H or a 42G. Normally, when I lose weight (ie in the past) my cup size would INCREASE when my band size decreased (basically, the boobs didn't shrink at all). This time though, it's different (thankfully!). I attribute it to all the exercise, especially the running. I am currently wearing a 38E. I hope to get down to a 36D eventually, but that may be a pipe dream without surgery, we'll have to see.

I am similar to this ^ but I did find only one brand and style at Lane Bryant that when I went up to a 40 band size a DDD worked. No other brand or style has let me into a DDD since I was a teenager. But anyhow, I found this bra to work awesome and I just followed the sizing chart for that brand and it fits great and works great. A friend of mine also well endowed bought the same bra after hearing how much I liked it, and now she loves them too. Only thing though, I bought the black sports bras first. And when they came out with the peach/pink colored bra, I ordered it and it seemed a little bit more loose. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the color or if sometimes they just come out that way. It is tricky at first to be able to put it on with the connection in the front, but once you get a way in, and master it, it is so worth it! But these are great and I would recommend them to anyone with a large chest! I keep many of these in stock!

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/bras/sports-bras/microfiber-front-closure-molded-sports-bra/4043c4044c775p65248/index.pro
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started as a 42DDD/E and am now a 38D. I have a great sports bra now that I got at a running specialty store (brand is Moving Comfort) . I lost the first 45 pounds or so from walking and aerobics though, so I was already smaller by the time I got the bra. I hated doing aerobics for a while, due to the girls, but I just sucked it up and did it and it got better. I refused (and still do) to do plyometrics though - ow! :laugh:
  • luluwubu
    luluwubu Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm an English 38H and I find a good sports bra works wonders, if kind of squashes them all in and keeps them more or less immobile. Now if I could find something to keep the rest of my body from wobbling, then perhaps jogging might become more than just a pipe dream lol
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm an English 38H and I find a good sports bra works wonders, if kind of squashes them all in and keeps them more or less immobile. Now if I could find something to keep the rest of my body from wobbling, then perhaps jogging might become more than just a pipe dream lol

Compression clothes! I have compression capris and a compression tank I used to run in. The more experienced I get, the less I need them. But at first, I felt like I needed a girdle for running!
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I first start getting serious about exercising and losing weight, I weighed close to 170lbs and wore a 38DD (I'm just shy of 5'6). I expected my chest to be one of the first areas I lost weight - it wasn't. It definitely it made it more a challenge to exercise, especially running. However, I invested in a good sports bra and sucked it up! I ran my first half marathon in February, and while I haven't reached my final goal yet, I am 145lbs and wear a 34DD (band size went down, but still at the same cup size!).

I highly recommend Moving Comfort's maximum support sport bras - they have a couple different kinds that run up to E cups. A good sports bra makes a HUGE difference. Also, don't forget about weight lifting! I found doing chest exercises (push ups if you don't have access to weights!) helps to tighten up the surrounding muscles, and it helps supply a little extra natural support as well.
  • michaelfurey
    Options
    I really love this category. heheheheh. Sorry. Sometimes I am so 12.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm very large and just double bag em when I'm exercising.

When I've lost weight before, they're the last thing to go down and even then it's never by much!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    before: 237 lbs, size 24, 42DD

now: 158(ish) lbs, size 8, 34D

As you can see, I was able to hang on to most of my cup size, and just dramatically dropped in ribcage size. It is doable, but genetics are going to be a major factor-
  • themegnapkin
    Options
    Depending on my weight, my band size varies from 28-32, and my cup size from C-E. I'm also a runner, and short, so sports bras made for average-height women don't work for me at all, I need adjustable straps. This sports bra is the best one I've found for me:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRA-MCJBBB.html

It's US $45, so a little pricey, but totally worth it.
  • POKlink
    POKlink Posts: 19
    Options
    I've lost some in the boobal area, not a whole cup, but have noticed my biggest bras being too big, and the bras I used to spill out of are just about right now. I never thought I would ever run because of them, not even if something scary was chasing me. I have since bought a good sports bra off of ebay, of all places. I wear a sports tank (with the built in bra band thing) over it and I actually did my first day of couch to 5k yesterday. Granted I was just jogging for short stints, but I managed to do so without losing an eye. ;)
  • DaoneandonlyMe
    DaoneandonlyMe Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 DD , I wear two sports bra every workout . A tight one and a not to tight one.:)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I started as a 42DD and now vacillate between a 36DD and 38D depending on cut/style/brand. If I had a plastic surgeon cut out the extra skin & stuff to make them all nice an perky again, I'd probably be a 36B/C. I've lost a lot of fat in the boobs, but still lots of tissue to stuff into a bra. They don't look so hot naked, but the right bra can work wonders. I run and haven't had any problems (black eyes, wounded passers by, etc.) packing my boobage into a normal sports bra. I use a champion bra that I get at Khol's-but there are multitudes of options & approaches to keeping the girls under control.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started at a 40/42 D and I must admit, it was pretty hard. Luckily, or unluckily, depending on how you look at it, my boobs were the first things to go. I'm a 34B now!

Don't miss them. But honestly it is very difficult to find a sturdy sports bra. I tried wearing two but it would hurt my shoulders too much. I find doing low impact cardio helped a great deal until they got small enough to go un in intensity :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!