Big Breasted Success?

Options

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    between "the girls" and my wimpy ankles, there is no running in my life. however........ i have survived. and will continue. i'm a 34/36 DD by the way
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    between "the girls" and my wimpy ankles, there is no running in my life. however........ i have survived. and will continue. i'm a 34/36 DD by the way

Friend request sent,
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if there's anyone with a success story who has a C-cup or larger.

As any heavily endowed women trying to lose weight will know, it's a trying effort if not more uncomfortable when there's two heavy fun bags hanging off your chest, weighing you down and causing you considerable back ache.

So it would be nice to see if anyone who's gone through the tediousness of finding a sturdy sports bra and suffering through those related pains of such heavy lifting have succeeded in major weight loss goals, and also whether or not any of that weight was lost in the boobies.

Thanks!

I'm a D-cup, by the way. :*(

Im way bigger than a D cup!! its all about a good sports bra. im in the uk and shock absorbers are the only one ill buy! so far ive lost 33lb and went down 2 cup sizes and hoping to go down a few more!
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I went from a 52 h to a 46ddd and my back still hurts so I do alot of stretching. I recently brought a bra from macy's for 31.00 dollars it hold me up great. Its called the 18 hr bra.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I started I was spilling out of a DD cup and now I FIT into my D cups :):) I promise you will lose at least SOME weight around your bust!

As for a bra I could never find a supportive sports bra when I was running and finally I found and Under Armour brand one at Scheels. It supports just as well as my regular bras!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have just been waiting for this thread! Though am actually thinking of posting a blog post on this topic as I have a LOT to say!

First off, I'll give my credentials, having lost 35 lbs I am now a 32G. In the past I have been as high as a 36G but have also been a 36/34 F, E and for a long time I thought that DD was the biggest bra I could find (screw you Victoria Secret!) I've also learned a LOT by being in contact with a specialty bra store in Ottawa, Brachic, which specializes in high quality bras for all sizes (up to N I believe).

When I started running I quickly experienced all the problems that have been expressed here, sore back, bouncing girls and pain in the sides, even though I was wearing what I thought was a decent sports bra. I thought about doubling up but that is NOT the way to go. I did some research and discovered that most of the "sports" bras at the majority of stores are rated for high level (high impact) activity for sizes A-C and "moderate" activities for anything above that. This made me really angry because, frankly, I will not allow my breasts to dictate my exercise activities!

I started doing some research and found out about the Enell Sports Bra which I have used for the last 5 years. It is a great bra, high compression, cements those girls in place and is effective for all kinds of running (I've completed 4 half marathons and a full marathon in my Enells.) The only downside to this bra is that since it has 12 hooks on the front the bottom three hooks will wear out over time which can cause some issues as that is where the bra takes most of its impact. Recently I've also been trying out the Freya Sports Bra because it is a back closure and it allows me to have 2 boobs in my running photos rather than the uni-boob caused by the Enell.

Ok that said, here are the important things to know when you are wanting to do high impact activities while sporting big breasts:

1) GET FITTED. And this goes for your regular bras too, your breasts change regularly, as I said above mine have changed sizes up and down quite a bit in the last 5 years and they are likely to continue to do so. A proper bra fitter is a LIFE saver.

2) SIZING MATTERS: double boobing, hanging over the sides, under boobage, or that "stuffed sausage" feeling is not because your breasts are too large, it's because your bra doesn't fit right. If your cups aren't the right size increasing the band size will NOT make you feel better about yourself. If you wear an underwire the centre part should sit against your breast bone, the wire on the sides should be under your arm pits, NOT up in your breast tissue (that causes chafing! ouch!) Once I admitted to myself that I am not a DD and decided to invest in properly fitting bras (because they are more expensive) my confidence went WAY up. A properly fitting bra is like a 10lb weight loss instantly.

3) KNOW WHERE YOUR SUPPORT COMES FROM: 80% of the weight of your breasts should be supported by your bra cups and back band, NOT your straps. If the weight of your boobs is entirely hanging off your shoulders your back gets sore. That's just the way of it.

4) INVEST IN A GOOD BRA: I know that specialty bras are expensive. My Enells are about $75 bucks a piece and my Freya cost the same, but it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. I have 3 Enell bras now that I have purchased over the last 5 years and my 1 Freya. That is a total investment of $300 in sports bras. However, I run on average 5 times a week, cycle a couple times a week and have used these bras to do Jiu Jitsu, hiking, weight training, and Dance Central on Kinect. (among various other activities that make the girls bounce). Exercising 5 days a week means that over the course of those 5 years my bras have cost me a whopping $0.23 per day of exercise. If you only exercise twice a week for a year a $75 bra averages out to $0.72 per day of exercise. How much do you spend in your running shoes? your gym membership? a good bra is TOTALLY worth it.

5) LEARN TO LOVE BODY GLIDE: Especially if you are going to be running with big boobs, Body Glide is your best friend. Boob chafing is a horrible experience (I have permanent scars from repeated blisters under my breasts) that can be mitigated by the proper application of Body Glide. If you're going to do the activities sometimes you have to adjust to the necessary products required to do it successfully. (also works wonders to prevent thigh rub, and blisters on the feet).

and finally

6) LOVE YOUR BIG BOOBS! While sometimes losing inches off your chest is necessary if your frame can't support the weight of your boobs (my mom had a reduction when I was 8 so I've seen this first hand) you should try everything you can before you resort to surgery. My mom was never properly fitted for her bras, never willing to invest the money in the proper sizing and support and I think if she had been she may have rethought her decision to go under the knife. Now let's be clear, I am NOT saying that reductions are never a good idea, for some people they are absolutely necessary, but this is a very painful procedure that will change you forever. While you're making the determination about what you need to do, try investing in garments that may just make you love what you have right now!

westfest.jpg

This is a photo taken from last years Westfest in Ottawa, a local festival. We were doing a parade/demonstration for the importance of wearing properly fitting bras. I've done this walk twice and it is AMAZINGLY empowering. (I'm the one right smack in the middle LOL) This was a couple months before I started here on MFP!

I :heart: this! Thanks for sharing!
  • NoSharpei
    NoSharpei Posts: 73
    Options
    I have found that as I lose weight, it has been relative. My D boobs are now C boobs... and, if I'm lucky, y the time I hit goal weight, they will be B boobs ;). I had a lot of back trouble when I started... especially when walking long distance at speed. After losing 40 pounds I no longer have this issue. My back pain is gone. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump to read later....
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am so with you. I started at a 40 D. I am 5'3 and was 206. My fiance bought me a treadmill I use at home cause I refuse to jog in public. I started out with short walks. We also started going for small hike at trails around the house. I didn't want to blow out my knees. I got probaby 10 different sports bras. My favorite one I cant remember the brand name but it has 2 layers, almost like one bra on top of another one. I think I found it in like a yoga sports section, like at shopko. I have worked up to almost 8 miles now in hiking and have dropped 20 lbs and am now into a 36C again. I just make sure the trails we do have a nice incline for the 1st half of the walk, for around an hour if possible.
  • mariefrance91
    mariefrance91 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i was a 38dd when i started, 20 pounds later im at 34dd .. i find if i run without a sports bra, my boobs actually hurt the next day. (never do that!) ive worked at la senza for 3 years now and we dont sell sports bras anymore but we did at one point and i wear those with a really tight tank top over it and then a work out shirt.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I was a F when I started and am a D now I really dont have a hard time. I just buy my sports bras a size smaller and wear 2
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I really love this category. heheheheh. Sorry. Sometimes I am so 12.

:laugh: :laugh: yeah you are :laugh: :laugh:

Finally broke down and bought a sports bra. The double bagging sound like and excellent idea will try that also
  • LizHR
    LizHR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Funny timing to see this, I got onto the treadmill today for warmup and realised immediately my bra was too loose as I'd not used the right back hooks and had to run holding onto my boobs with one hand for 5 minutes!

I recommend the Pure Lime compression bra. I've tried Shock Absorber and other brands (though not the Enelle) and so far this is the most comfortable whilst getting rid of bounce. ( I tend to find that if I don't have a good sports bra on my nipples are really painful -sorry if TMI!) . It has a really wide supportive elastic band under the bust, 4 hooks at the back and padded straps over the shoulders. I liked the Shock Absorber Max Support bra as it definitely stops the bouncing but its difficult to get in and out of as it has 2 separate fastenings at the back and the higher up one can require some contortionist wriggling to do up.

I consider a good sports bra an important investment for any high impact activity and would never use a 'normal' bra or a cheapo sports one. I'm currently a 32 DD/ 34 E (UK sizing) though have been considerably bigger especially around the back and now tend to only vary by about a cup size no matter what weight I am. I had a breast uplift & reduction 8 years ago (best thing I ever did BTW) and my surgeon told me not to run on underwired bras as it can cause damage to breast tissue as can not having a well fitting proper sports bra. And I think it's better to keep trying to find the 'perfect fit' bra than just go for smaller sizes or 'double bagging' if possible. Though that's better than nothing - I mostly run outdoors and have done some 10K and 2x half marathons and am constantly amazed at other women running with uncontrolled breasts flying everywhere - looks like a litter of ferrets trying to escape, must hurt so much and will eventually lead to droopy boobs.

You might be interested in this article. Note they say bras start to deteriorate after 30--40 washes!
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/kit/how-to-choose-a-sports-bra/3747.html
    I'm afraid I can't afford to buy a bra that often but I do 'retire' old ones once I reach the top hooks of the back fastenings. I also rotate 3-4 bras of different 'ages' so never just have one being washed c& worn onstantly which I think wears them out quicker.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    44DDD/F to 32DDD/F

I just double-bag - regular bra with a too-small sports bra on top.

This.. biggest was like 36F and now I am sitting at a 36 DDD .. I try and try to get into cuter bras but .. to no avail. :( they are cute and have no support or they have support and look like fort knox. who wants to go to bed with fort knox tits?.. ;)

I'm confused. Maybe it's because I'm wearing European bras, but 34F=34DDD. Anyway, if you want cuter bras, then you'll need specialty stores. Get properly fitted, because they are far from cheap... and while my pretty bras are supportive, I'm not about to ruin them by doing kickboxing or hiking through the woods. For my sports bra, it's Enell all the way. For my pretty bras, I shop Simone Perele, Prima Donna, and Chantelle (to name a few). It's expensive, but totally worth it. You'll feel like a million bucks in a pretty, properly fitted, supportive bra.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    having big breasts ARE a success, well unless you're a man lol
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am now a UK 32GG or a US 34J, this is my after loss size, I do find running a challenge, mainly however due to my knee being shot after I dislocated it, I just find it tough as hell to get a decent bra that does not cost the earth
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started as a 32D. Went up to a 32DD for a while. After I got properly measured, I was a 32GG. After gaining weight, I went up to a 34H. After losing weight, I dropped back down to 32FF. Gained more weight and back up to 34FF. Cup size increases as the band gets larger. When I gain weight my boobs get bigger, but when I lose weight, they like to keep the fat. If I keep gaining and losing, maybe my boobs will make the Guiness Book of records - lol... hope not.

These sports bra sites are great. I special odered one but it's too small now and just smooshes everything together. I hate the feel of sweaty boob cheeks pressed together.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was a 42G. Now I'm a 38DD. About 30 pounds lost in there. I don't bother with sports bras, 'cuz I never wanted to shell out the $ for a good one and the cheap ones give major uniboob. I just wear a very sturdy regular bra and it works out fine, even for a jog.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For the guy "so 12"...Refreshingly honest!:flowerforyou:

Made me laugh.
  • diananut
    diananut Posts: 18
    Options
    Cursed (or blessed) with 34H's.
    I have finally found a sports bra that gives me the support I need and its cute too! Panache sports bras. They don't give you the "uni-boob" look that most sports bras do either.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!