Big Breasted Success?

Options

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Invest in a high quality sports bra. I paid $99 for one from a specialty shop...sad that it's too big now though.

I went from a 42H to a 36G at the moment with my 60lb weightloss.

I do all the exercise I want and they don't hold me back at all, yes the bra aint pretty under any workout wear but it does it's job!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this topic and great question!! I tried many bras (34 G) and found some great ones by champion at academy that actually go by regular bra size!!! They are expensive at about $40-$50 each but they are good bras. It is a lot to pay when you know you'll be changing size, but I bought a size too tight and wear them a bit longer. Plus I run so having a good bra is imperative. I'm down to 32 DDD now. The weight does seem to come off the boobs easier but I don't think us top heavy gals have anything to worry about. I'm sure we will always have enough boobage. lol
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Invest in a high quality sports bra. I paid $99 for one from a specialty shop...sad that it's too big now though.

I went from a 42H to a 36G at the moment with my 60lb weightloss.

I do all the exercise I want and they don't hold me back at all, yes the bra aint pretty under any workout wear but it does it's job!

Cannot emphasize enough....get a good bra! Yes, they are expensive and ugly sometimes but they will make exercise 1000% more enjoyable. I order from title 9 for most of mine. they have good reviews and descriptions.
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    I am in straight up DENIAL about my bra size and since I'm nursing a baby right now I can hide in bras with only letter sizes still... but nursing brings an entirely new and sad/gross/hilarious set of obstacles. When I haven't nursed in a while by boobs are bigger and firmer and sort of support themselves a bit better, if that makes sense. However, if I do something bouncy they sort of feel like two bags of rocks that are only minimally attached to my chest and they hurt waaaaaay more when they move. When I have nursed recently (and I try to nurse right before I exercise if possible) they are smaller (Yay?) and (Ew I can't believe I'm about to tell a bunch of strangers this) floppier. They are super flopsy and flappy. This makes me sad, but it also means that I can cram them in to a tighter bra and they don't move as much, and when they do move it doesn't hurt as much.

Now that you know way more about my boobs than you might ever want to, I will tell you my solution, which has worked for me thus far, being cheap and prone to fairly drastic changes in size from hour to hour. I use two to three layers of bra, in different sizes depending on the milk-status. So I have thin microfiber bras from Target in fun colors that are soft against my skin, and then over that a super tight (read: too small) Nike bra, and then a REALLY tight compression bra tank. This combination keeps the boobs fairly still. I still can't run like a normal human, I have to cross my arms over them to keep them still, but it's the best thing I've found outside of buying $90 bras. Did I mention I'm cheap? Yeah, I'm really cheap. Also, if I know the activity is going to be low impact I usually drop either the tank top or the tight bra.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I'm a 34H (UK Size) I have tried the Shock Absorber sports bra, but it's really uncomfortable. So now I've just ordered the Freya sports bra. At the moment I'm just wearing a really good bra with a tight fitting top. I don't seem to be having any problems, but then I only exercise at home, not in public, so perhaps I'm not so self concious! :laugh:
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    This is the best thread title I have ever seen. It even sort of rhymes.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I started out in a DD -- now I'm down to a C. At first I was sad about it, but now I'm hoping to lose another cup size by the time I'm at goal.

As others have said, a good quality bra can make a world of difference.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I am currently spilling out of the top of my 34 DD bra. I refuse to buy a bigger size so losing the weight is my only other alternative. I usually wear my regular bra with my sports bra over top. Seems to work ok, although I do not run (yet).

I am hoping to go down at least a little bit. I would love to be a C cup but my husband says otherwise :love:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    34D. At least, I think I still am.

I just found an exercise that didn't require special undergarments - krav maga! Of course, the "girls" make it a little uncomfortable for the guys in the class to grapple me or tap my chest to simulate attacking and defending simultaneously, but that's their problem. :)
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I haven't invested in one yet, but I've heard amazing things about Enell bras!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I stared as a 36FF and amniw a 34DD so it can be done!! Just need a good sports bra! Mines from marks and Spencer's .
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow it's nice to know there are people out there who are just like me ! I felt like i was the only one that had to endure the burden of having such large breasts. I'm a 38I at 220 :( . Even when I was 170 lbs I was still at 36G. I'm ultimately considering a reduction if once I have lost all my weight I don't get down to at least a DD. I just ordered a new sports bra from Lady Grace but have been working out in my minimizer. I plan on doubling up when the new one get's here.
  • Linsjack
    Linsjack Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I wear a 38G and i want to drop down to a 34 E which is quite a bit smaller but unfortunately I've always had to wear a good sports bra and a sports crop top over the top of it. I need to lose about 60lbs so im hoping they will shrink.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I started off busting out of my 46DDD and had the worst time finding a sports bra that fit but I finally found one online. It made the biggest difference in exercising. Before I had them I would hold back from doing certain moves and ANY jumping in Zumba. I certainly never tried to run, it physically hurt too much. I wear two bras - a normal form-fitting one with an underwire and a high-quality sports bra that wicks away sweat. 70 pounds later I'm down to 42DD! I hope to get down to a 36D.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm a 40DD right now, and I definitely agree with the double bagging technique! I'm super tight with my money, so I can't really afford to throw down $100 for a bra I'm going to sweat buckets in. I use one of my older bras with a band that's kind of worn out and then put a sports bra over it. They still jiggle a little when doing high intensity, but they jiggle in sync, which is the most important. Not to mention it gives me pretty awesome cleavage while working out too...
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    44DDD/F to 32DDD/F

I just double-bag - regular bra with a too-small sports bra on top.

This.. biggest was like 36F and now I am sitting at a 36 DDD .. I try and try to get into cuter bras but .. to no avail. :( they are cute and have no support or they have support and look like fort knox. who wants to go to bed with fort knox tits?.. ;)
  • vonne06
    vonne06 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi there, I am a 38 DD. It would hurt so bad when I would jog with my reagular sport bra. I just recently found a great sports bra, it is a bit pricey. It is Women's Endure Sports Bra (DD Cup) Tops by Under Armour . They run $40 - 60. It fits really snug, but diffently helps elminate bounce. Hope that helps.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42/F (I think) and I wear an old Cacique bra that I took the wire out. Sometimes I will double as well and throw a sports bra on top of that. DH doesn't want me to lose them but they've gone down a bit. It's in my genes, my dirty little pillows won't go too far. My mother, cousins, grandmother and great grandmother on my mom's side all have huge bewbs. Oh, and there's NO way out for my future daughter, DH's mother is packin' up top too *giggles* poor child has no chance!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 7
    Options
    I just found this brand (Moving Comfort) and I LOVE the sports bras!!!! My favorite new style is the kind that offers compression to reduce bounce and is cut higher on the chest so I don't end up with a quad-boob look. I run half marathons and I know the value of a decent sports bra. The store where I buy running shoes had a ladies night where I was fitted for a bra. The gal said a sports bra should never have a birthday. The elasticity wears out if you are using it regularly. Another tip - I don't put my sports bras in the dryer, I hang them along with other bras and sporty fabrics.

I have lost 23 lbs. Down to 168 at 5'7" and a 38DD (breast size doesn't fluctuate for me).

:flowerforyou:
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a D-cup and I still find myself holding down my boobs with an arm when jogging in place. Because every time they bounce down, they knock the wind out of me. I found a tight sports bra, it is a bit uncomfortable, but it helps me breath better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!