LADIES ONLY!! PLEASE!!

Options
pnut80
pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
So i have a question for you ladies. are you exercising on the first day of your cycle? im having a really hard time gettin a good workout in the first couple days of my cycle. the cramps and lack of energy and i get nauseous not long after i get started. and i feel like crap when i dont workout uuugghhh!! any advice or thoughts on the subject?

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I know it's crazy to some but I feel much better if I workout. I know it's hard and somedays it's near impossible but I'm always happy afterwards.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I am not overly helpful because I don't really get cramps, but I have no issues working out anytime during my cycle. All I know is I always feel better after a work out.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any issues like that. I usually feel better if I work out that day though. I'd suggest taking 2 Ibuprofen or Midol, waitinf an hour for it to kick in, and then try exercising.
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I generally do work out--my standard class inevitably has lots of squat-based plyo moves that day. :frown: But my thought is, even if it's the worst workout I'll have all month, at least I made it out there. Having to quit early is still better than never trying!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I feel like *kitten*, i lift light because i can't lift normal, i barely make it through my cardio, and i b!tch the whole time
  • pnut80
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I generally do work out--my standard class inevitably has lots of sqat-based plyo moves that day. :frown: But my thought is, even if it's the worst workout I'll have all month, at least I made it out there. Having to quit early is still better than never trying!

so true! today i managed to do about 30 min of jillian michaels kickbox fast fix...im so glad i done that much but i feel kinda crappy about not doing more!
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    I get bad cramps and I definitely take it slower, like go for a long walk around the park with the family instead of going to the gym, it definitely helps the pain afterwards but i can't do much more than that with the cramps
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually try to excercise during my monthly cycle and have found I have been feel much better in the last couple of months - I started MFP in February and felt awful when my cycle started and really bloated and very heavy. However as the months have gone on I have felt better if I excercise and it is also not so heavy during the last couple of months.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I know it's crazy to some but I feel much better if I workout. I know it's hard and somedays it's near impossible but I'm always happy afterwards.

Same for me.

My cramps and nausea actually disappeared after I had worked out for 4 months. Now I am physically tired on day 1 of my cycle. But I work out anyway. Interestingly, my brain flips on a switch after I push through the first three sets of a weight lifting exercise. At the end of my routine, I feel like a completely different person.
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    Ditto here. I feel much better after working out. Helps if you drink loads of water too. That works for me :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I still exercise my regular routine... It starts off uncomfortable but by the end I feel WAY better. But if it's making you sick do something light like yoga or stretching, it eases cramps believe it or not.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I go for the Zumba medium impact on the xbox on my crappy days, or just walk around the block and see where I'm at- but generally its worth the effort to get up and get moving. I feel less craptacular after a mini-workout.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean...I never want to work out when it first starts, but like a lot of other ladies are saying once you finish everything feels so so much better
  • kyliebird916
    Options
    I usually take some midol, two scoops of my preworkout booster (bcause if i dont workout after taking it i feel like im going to crawl out of my skin, it gives me alot of energy) and go to work... i usually keep it to 30-40 mins instead of the 60 i usually do. Go hard then go home and relax!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I exersize on through even with cramps unless I am super bad then I rest.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I take it easy during that week. I only go to the gym to do my jogging 3 times a week. Not because of cramps, but because of another issue I have.Usually I go 5 times and do the eliptical and strength machins. Don't feel bad for taking it easy that week!
  • pnut80
    Options
    im thinking about a walk around my neighborhood or something! definitely gonna take it easy with it though :smile:
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I've found that if I don't work out, my cramps are a LOT worse. I'll notice discomfort before working out, but during and after they almost completely disappear!
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So i have a question for you ladies. are you exercising on the first day of your cycle? im having a really hard time gettin a good workout in the first couple days of my cycle. the cramps and lack of energy and i get nauseous not long after i get started. and i feel like crap when i dont workout uuugghhh!! any advice or thoughts on the subject?

Not at all. I started my period last night and did a good 45 minute run on the treadmill. I feel great. I'm cramping now, but I'm sooo used to it. If the pain gets real bad, then I just pop some tylenol, then I'm good. A heating pad also works.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My cramps usually go away, or at least get better, after I do cardio. And it lasts almost all day. So unless I'm having a really terrible day, I try to work out.