Options
    why-you-mad-tho.jpg

CTFU!!!!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This is what I see when I read a post about negativity:

131815_o.gif?w=294&h=240
    this KILLED me!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: it!!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is there any way "pooping" can become a calorie burner?
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Technically, yes... as just about everything burns calories of some sort. :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I don't know about burning calories, but it's incredibly effective for weight loss.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Wha? Wow, my head is spinning..lol.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't have this issue. I have a small group of friends on here who are very supportive, and if any of them don't like what someone logs, they keep it to themselves, because I haven't seen anything negative. If I did, I would delete them from my friends lists, but then again I am here mostly for logging my food and exercise and catching up with my MFP family. As far as the forums go, yes there are some negative people on here, but I just stay away from those people. Complaining about negative people doesn't really do anything but get you worked up.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    why-you-mad-tho.jpg

LMAO!!!!!
  • giselle9938
    giselle9938 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm so thankful for the friends I have... They are the best!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Adding something non-sarcastic: I did an experiment a few weeks ago because I too think it’s kind of pointless to log cleaning as exercise. I put on my HRM and cleaned for about 20 mins. The burn it gave me was only 2 calories lower than what MFP had when I plugged it in.

The point is that some people do not have the ability to do more than what they can do (hence; cleaning). I know when I was 60 pounds heavier it was hard for me to do much, but I did what I could. You never know where someone is starting from, so I do give them credit for “exercising”. However, I do agree that more should be done such as walking.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1qibchTag1qezk6n.gif

I don't even remember what the original post was about - because I can't stop watching this and laughing!
  • SoxxEBeotch
    SoxxEBeotch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it's all very simple... If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything.

I'm one of those people who used to log housework, and every Life Saver or piece of gum. I don't log my exercise anymore because I now use a fitbit, and it adjusts it automatically, here on mfp. And if I decide to log gum or candy, I do. It's my choice and that's just how it is. If you don't like what I log or don't log, delete me as a friend.

In all honesty, mfp is WAY OFF on the cals it says you burn on some of their activities. So, if you rely solely on that as your guide, you're not doing it right. Getting a fitbit, pedometer, or HRM are more accurate. But anyhow, regardless of any of that, this is supposed to be a site of support for others in their fitness/weight loss journey. Who's business is it what exercise you do to accomplish your goal? Who's business is it if you log or don't log certain foods? In my opinion, if you want to do it right, you will log it ALL. Otherwise, you aren't being true to yourself. It's everyone's choice to allow their diary to be public or not. If you aren't interested in reading them, then don't click on them. If you 'look' to criticize, that's ridiculous.

This site isn't about what other people think of you, it's a tool to assist you in your journey to better health and fitness. If that's not what you're here for, go to some other site, and ***** and moan over there. Save this site for people who want positive interaction and support. There's enough negativity in the world...................................................... :flowerforyou:
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I know! Let's do crap we do every day anyway and log it as "exercise" because I darn it know I earned two cupcakes for getting off my *kitten*!

eh... Just worry about your own 'recording of intake/output' Richard Simmons.
    If that was supposed to be a crack about my hair, I can only beg your forgiveness, as I had no intention of offending your perfect little eyes with my obscene and vulgar negritude.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    :huh: I always love a negative post about a negative post

LOL
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

be carefull with that. Remember, the guy who said it originally got his butt kicked......
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1qibchTag1qezk6n.gif

YES!

You may not agree with the way some people use the site, but you can't change other people. Just do what Mal does and walk away without getting involved! Don't let it get you down.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    cant-we-all-just-get-along.jpg
    :smile:
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think it's all very simple... If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything.

I'm one of those people who used to log housework, and every Life Saver or piece of gum. I don't log my exercise anymore because I now use a fitbit, and it adjusts it automatically, here on mfp. And if I decide to log gum or candy, I do. It's my choice and that's just how it is. If you don't like what I log or don't log, delete me as a friend.

In all honesty, mfp is WAY OFF on the cals it says you burn on some of their activities. So, if you rely solely on that as your guide, you're not doing it right. Getting a fitbit, pedometer, or HRM are more accurate. But anyhow, regardless of any of that, this is supposed to be a site of support for others in their fitness/weight loss journey. Who's business is it what exercise you do to accomplish your goal? Who's business is it if you log or don't log certain foods? In my opinion, if you want to do it right, you will log it ALL. Otherwise, you aren't being true to yourself. It's everyone's choice to allow their diary to be public or not. If you aren't interested in reading them, then don't click on them. If you 'look' to criticize, that's ridiculous.

This site isn't about what other people think of you, it's a tool to assist you in your journey to better health and fitness. If that's not what you're here for, go to some other site, and ***** and moan over there. Save this site for people who want positive interaction and support. There's enough negativity in the world...................................................... :flowerforyou:

Couldn't have said it better!
  • Tanesha73
    Tanesha73 Posts: 1
    Options

I think this was the only truthful/inspirational post i've seen on this topic. I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm fairly new to MFP, but I didn't join to compete with athletes, I joined to reverse the signs of type 2 diabetes. My diet/exercise habits aren't perfect but if logging a simple walk or housework as exercise is a step towards a better life then I'm cool with it. Good luck everyone and goodnight. :)
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I will be honest I come to MFP for the groups and forums. I do not log food or exercise on the site. What I find to be disheartening is the amount of posts bi*ching about others logging things such as housework as exercise. WHY does this irritate so many people?? It doesnt affect your weight loss or even your life in general so what is the problem!!!?? Think about this a person who was say in a wheel chair 2 months ago due to weight issues, if that person got up and swept and mopped their floors you can bet your *kitten* that they have got a workout!! Stop being so negative towards your fellow MFP members!! I dont count housework as my exercise but I also DO NOT get bent out of shape because other people do. Also get over it about closed diaries!!! So people dont want to share every single aspect of their personal weight loss journey.. DEAL WITH IT.

I completely agree with you!

I wear a Fitbit and I tell you, when I do a good cleaning of my house, calories are burned. You bet I log 'em.

I don't understand why others get bent out-of-shape about how someone else is going about their days. I actually had someone delete me once because she didn't like how I was losing weight...Unbelievable!

The only ones we should be worried about are ourselves. If someone wants your opinion (as opposed to support) they will ask for it!

IMO anyway, it says more about the person that's bent out-of-shape than the other person...clearly they have issues if they're too focussed on how someone else is doing things.