Need suggestions please Ice Cream is my weakness

Options
12346»

Replies

• hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    All natural frozen fruit bars, such as Edy's or the 365 Whole Foods bar are creamy and satisfying but just pureed fruit that has been frozen! Most varieties are between 100 and 130 calories. I personally love the mango and the strawberry but I bet the coconut would be super creamy and satisfying!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Would fudge bars do the trick for you? I get 100 calorie low fat fudge bars that zap my ice cream cravings in a jiff :)

I do this too. Meijer even has ones I think that are 80 or 90 calories and they are a pretty decent size. It's worked for me to replace ice cream cravings even on a low budget(cal) day. Also vitatops to replace things like muffins and brownies and doughnuts. All about substitutions for this girl!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers makes delicious ice cream bars! I love the Dulce de leche one!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream. Or make yourself a smoothie

pay attention to when you crave ice cream the most -- and then work up strategies to reduce the cravings (so if you want ice cream right after dinner -- does having a small smoothie quash the craving? , or is the craving triggered when you are alone, or watching tv -- if tv, then try doing push ups during the commercial breaks. You'll be too busy to want to eat.)
  • blueberry67
    Options
    if you can get Yasso frozen greek yogurt pops there try them. Raspberry, strawberry, blueberry. 70 calories and they are huge. good for protein too.
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    what about ice cream sandwich 130 cal good humor brand
  • nicolekulma
    Options
    There are some healthy options out there if you really don't want to give up the ice cream. Sugar Free Fudgsicles are only 40 calories, Skinny Cow makes some yummy bars/ice cream sandwiches that have a few more calories but are still acceptable. If you're looking to cut it out completely, my favorite thing to do is to take Fat Free Ricotta cheese (45 cal/0.25 cup) and mix in a couple packets of sweetener. Then add toppings like Fat Free whipped cream, a few chocolate chips, some fruit, whatever the craving that day is. It's obviously not ice cream but with the right mix-ins comes pretty close.
  • bakingmink
    bakingmink Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weight Watcher's Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Bars. 120 calories that taste llike 320!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sorbet/Sherbet - 300 calories for a pint where I get it from (Lidl/Aldi).
    Alternatively, if in the Uk, mini milks are great. 30 calories each in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    me and hood hoodsie cups have become good friends 100 cal. granted the old me could of sat and ate all 12, but now just one does the trick :love:
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    I scream for ice cream.. Love the stuff .. I have been making shakes and half freezing them

1 cup milk
    1 cup yogart
    1 to 2 cups strawberries or blueberries
    Blend well

Some folks add their protein powder as well
    If you want it sweeter I supose a packet of stevia would do the trick
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I ate ice cream regularly when I was losing weight - I just remembered to always save a 150 calories, which gets me a perfect 1/2 serving of Haagan Dazs/Ben Jerry's. For me, a small serving of that is way better than any of the Skinny Cow's/Fudge bars/etc.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of these have been said but here goes...

- Frozen bananas + blender = healthy "ice cream"
    - Skinny Cow makes pretty good ice cream bars
    - Snickers has mini ice cream bars that are VERY good but tiny. Weight Watchers makes a larger version with less caramel/nougat but still very good
    - Edy's makes awesome fruit bars and popsicles. The coconut one is creamy. They range from 25 calories for the no sugar added popsicles to 120 for the coconut bars (not sure if some others are higher though)
    - Portion control. I eat Ben & Jerry's froyo in one portion, only when I have enough spare calories (or on a cheat day)
    - Make your own. There are methods that don't require an ice cream maker and then you can make it as healthy as you want

If I have a really serious craving, I make a miniature sundae:
    1/2 a Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream, softened slightly (I microwave about 10 seconds)
    1/2 a banana, sliced
    1/2 TB chopped walnuts
    2TB Cool Whip
    1/2 TB sweetened shredded coconut
    1/2 TB semi sweet chocolate chips
    About 210 calories and 53 of them come from a banana so you're getting potassium and other good stuff
    For 200 calories, you can have a portion of Half Baked froyo by Ben & Jerry's but then the other 3 portions will call to you from the freezer :)
  • relaxinglmt
    Options
    You can have ice cream as long as you measure it and count it! Why go with out... just remember ..a serving size is like 1/2 a cup!!!!! Good luck!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love to freeze the whipped chocolate yoplait yogurts. I know you already mentioned that you have yogurt as a alternative, but I just recently learned you can freeze them. I think they taste even better frozen. Another perk to them being frozen is they take longer to eat that way so it seems like more of a treat!

I hate yogurt but LOVED this. I used the chocolate one and the chocolate rapsberry one...AWESOME