18 months and 99 pounds later (with pics) :-)

Options

Replies

• dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for having the will power to continue and succeed.... You look fantastic! And this just proves that you can do it if you set your mind to it!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! you look lovely!!
  • CristaA42962
    CristaA42962 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!! :)
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work.
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight pretty much my entire life. I finally tipped the scales at 240 pounds and at 5'-4" my BMI was 40 making me morbidly obese! In January 2011 I decided to stop making excuses for myself and joined WW to help me get back on track. WW was very helpful because it was a real rude awakening considering portion sizes and carbs. I slowly introduced exercise by first walking then using the elliptical and then biking (which I love love love). It wasn't until August 2011 that I joined a gym, got a personal trainer and was introduced to strength training. Fast forward to February 2012 I started heavy lifting (which I love love love). The more research I did about healthy living and eating clean, I knew I needed to "graduate" from WW to take more control into what I was eating. My sister introduced me to MFP at Easter time and it is everything WW is not (mobile app kicks butt, awesome community, etc.) I switched over and started learning about BMR and TDEE. I found that I just wasn't eating enough for my activity level. I used several online calculators to figure out that calories I should be eating and increased my calories accordingly. I feel great and I have tons of energy for my workouts and daily activities!

My transformation is not complete yet. I reached my original goal of being a healthy BMI. But now I want to work on body fat % and fine-tuning my body. Here are some before and current pictures:

6696_216097840111_671160111_7749062_3283930_n.jpg

564318_3711933249814_1236659937_n.jpg

beforeandafter1.jpg

(this is my first time posting pictures in a thread, so if I screwed this up, feel free to fix it - thanks!)
    WOW! You have done an amazing job! Way to take care of you! You look Phenomenal!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    amazing. how do you post pictures? I have a picture when I was 220 pounds and my most recent one at 199. I weighed 250+ pounds in 1996. down as of my last weigh in 191 pounds. I don't weigh again till the end of this month
  • deborahmills22
    deborahmills22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story! Congratulations on your amazing success! You were cute before and you're cute now. :-)
  • Tators
    Tators Posts: 75
    Options
    Absolutely awesome!!! You look so happy and great!
  • beanerific518
    Options
    amazing. how do you post pictures? I have a picture when I was 220 pounds and my most recent one at 199. I weighed 250+ pounds in 1996. down as of my last weigh in 191 pounds. I don't weigh again till the end of this month

Check out the thread near the top of Success Stories message board for step by step instructions. It took me a couple times but I finally got it in the end.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You look so very proud.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! You look great!
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You deserve a pat in the back!
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You are looking great. Way to go!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring.
  • tshields27
    tshields27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    wow you look so beautiful
  • ItsShenMarie
    Options
    congrats on your progress! wonderful transformation!
  • srodarte11
    srodarte11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!!!
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great story...thanks for sharing!
  • Bryanslady
    Bryanslady Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WOW !!!! You go girl !!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!