Rushfit vs. TapouT XT - My review/opinion/observation.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I like the detailed write up and I was wondering if you are familiar with Bas Rutten's mma workout? I was doing his workout almost exclusively for a couple months and saw great results. Are these comparable to that type of system? thanks

Not too familiar with bas Rutten's MMA workout, sorry =(
  • cdhops
    cdhops Posts: 5
    Options
    Ok I am almost 50 and I have done P90X, Insanity and Tapout XT. Out of all of them I preferred Tapout XT. I am in good shape but I am always pushing it.

With Tapout XT it gave me as a mother of school kids everything I wanted. It was always less then an hour, it never took up alot of space and minimal equipment.

I got results. I had more definition.

I actually did a review on it at http://www.squidoo.com/tapout-xt-review-and-results-will-you-shred
  • crazymumoffive
    Options
    what do u advice once 90 day challenge is done?
  • tonyacommit
    Options
    Which program would be best for a 41 year old female with a sprain ankle....I have lost 80 pounds in three years...but have gain weight back in the last two month, since I sprain my ankle....I have complete p90x, insanity, insanity asylum, Brazilian butt lift, power 90, body for life by bill Phillips and was in the final stage of Lift like a man Look like a goddess by Lou Schuler when I sprain my ankle in the line of duty....I want to do one of the MMA program but not sure which one is best with a sprain ankle....My ankle is in a support brace but I need to get back on track....I want to continue to tone and shape my body.....
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    what do u advice once 90 day challenge is done?

You mean Supreme 90 Day Challenge?
  • cdhops
    cdhops Posts: 5
    Options
    Tonya

I would try the Tapout XT. I am almost 50 year old female and I also have a issue with one of my ankles and I did good with Tapout. Keep your brace on. I have also completed Insanity and P90 X and I would have to say Tapout XT was the best on my joints.

I did a review of it at http://www.squidoo.com/tapout-xt-review-and-results-will-you-shred and I am about to go onto Tapout XT 2.

Remember if you have to take it slow it is better than not doing anything at all.

Good luck.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Tonya

I would try the Tapout XT. I am almost 50 year old female and I also have a issue with one of my ankles and I did good with Tapout. Keep your brace on. I have also completed Insanity and P90 X and I would have to say Tapout XT was the best on my joints.

I did a review of it at http://www.squidoo.com/tapout-xt-review-and-results-will-you-shred and I am about to go onto Tapout XT 2.

Remember if you have to take it slow it is better than not doing anything at all.

Good luck.

Ignore this person as they are obviously spamming. Only 3 posts, all 3 of which directing people toward this site which has a link to buy TapouT XT.
  • sarahkitti
    Options
    What a great review. I have been reading the entire thread but ill ask question anyway. Much appreciate if u. have the time to r eply . my main goal is to lose a lot of weight and i found that cardio works best for me in term of losing weight. i go to gym 3 times a week and would love to still do at least twice a week. im really keen on Tapout XT, only just because i found the workout to he more fun which it is great for someone who gets bored easily with boring slow paced workout. i read your suggestion about making up my own schedule if i were to do Tapout and also completely take out that 15 mins ab workout. and im planning to do that with 3 days of Tapout and 2 days at gym, which of the dvd would u recommend for me to do if i already do 2 days at gym of circuit workout combine strength and cardio already. . However i have a feeling that u prefer and suggest Rushfit and im kinda leaning on Rushfit as well. from reading my story, what would u recommend. thanks.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    What a great review. I have been reading the entire thread but ill ask question anyway. Much appreciate if u. have the time to r eply . my main goal is to lose a lot of weight and i found that cardio works best for me in term of losing weight. i go to gym 3 times a week and would love to still do at least twice a week. im really keen on Tapout XT, only just because i found the workout to he more fun which it is great for someone who gets bored easily with boring slow paced workout. i read your suggestion about making up my own schedule if i were to do Tapout and also completely take out that 15 mins ab workout. and im planning to do that with 3 days of Tapout and 2 days at gym, which of the dvd would u recommend for me to do if i already do 2 days at gym of circuit workout combine strength and cardio already. . However i have a feeling that u prefer and suggest Rushfit and im kinda leaning on Rushfit as well. from reading my story, what would u recommend. thanks.

It depends on what you do at the gym when you go. If you focus on strength training at the gym and use the DVDs for cardio then what you will want is the following DVDs from TapouT XT:

Ripped Conditioning
    Muay Thai
    Plyo XT
    Sprawl & Brawl
    and the two cardio DVDs (I forget their names).

If you do cardio at the gym and use the DVDs for strength then Rushfit is the better choice but if you insist on going TapouT XT then you will want the upper & lower body resistance workouts primarily.
  • its_taha
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say this is a great thread. It's been very informative. I don't have a question per se - just a comment. I've tried P90, Insanity, Rip60, TapoutXT and Rushfit and agree with the majority of comments made. A bit of my story - I initially tried P90 about 4/5 years ago and had to go off and on due to a shoulder injury. Finally, about 3 years ago, I was able to complete the second phase (after multiple attempts) - again, shoulder issues. In any event, I did see little results, but more importantly, the program introduced me to the world of home workout programs. I decided not to give P90 an additional attempt after the most recent injury and instead tried Insanity. It was a tough program, but the results were clear. I had to stop at the end of week 6 though because my hard wood floors were giving my knees a beating. After that, Rip60.

I noticed there were very few comments about this program and some people had asked about it (I'm sorry - I didn't read ALL the posts from the beginning but pages here and there over the past few months). Anyway, Rip60 was the ONLY program I completed from start to finish. And it was really effective. Wasn't tough on the joints. The mobility of the straps provided me the ability to focus on multiple facets of my fitness - strength, balance, coordination, endurance.. I mean, the list goes on. I used a yoga mat for the cardio circuits and certain strap exercises. I learned a lot from that program and continue to have the straps on the my door which I use for stretching after workouts and when I'm traveling for work. The only con I felt the program had was the identical warm up / cool down sequence for every workout. Jeremy Strom kind of gave off a weird vibe to me lol, but he is a good instructor. I was still a fan Tony Horton I guess. I now use Jillian Michaels' 22 minute routine (Fat Shred) while traveling and plan on incorporating the regular workouts again once I complete RushFit. By the way, the program suggests the kettle bells but I used weights. Worked the same and I just modified where I had to.

Which brings me to why I came to this thread. I had a choice between TapoutXT and RushFit as my next challenge. I started Tapout and at about week 3 I saw an infomercial for RushFit with GSP. Now, I live in Montreal so he's a local celebrity who is also seen often on the streets or at restaurants, clubs, etc. Anyway, was intrigued about the program and decided to conduct some research. Landed here and saw the reviews. I was sold. I am currently on Week 6 and it's going great. I think it's awesome that everything is done in 45 minutes. I am able to modify the moves so as to not injure myself. The workouts are fun - Fight Conditioning, Power Conditioning, Strength and Endurance - all dope workouts. Only con is the same as Rip60 - identical warm ups and cool downs. But I find them not too bad either. Like I said, I use the Rip60 straps for cool down. And as for TapoutXT, I use it off and on with Rip60 when traveling and add it on cardio days. It's a fun program but nothing I would commit to the way I did to Rip60 and now RushFit.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. But I wanted to offer my two cents to the discussion.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Awesome reviews. Saving this to read.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options

If you focus on strength training at the gym and use the DVDs for cardio then what you will want is the following DVDs from TapouT XT:

Ripped Conditioning
    Muay Thai
    Plyo XT
    Sprawl & Brawl
    and the two cardio DVDs (I forget their names).

One of them is Cardio XT (shocking, I know). However, I throw in Cross Core Combat or Competition Core sometimes for this purpose. Since I do Stronglifts 5x5, I hardly every do Plyo XT in order to make sure my quads/lower body has enough recovery from back squats 3x a week.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you for this thread. I really was only coming to look at your review on RushFit since I am considering purchasing.

I'm in my second round of ChaLean Extreme on the Lean Phase week 2, supp'ing with Men's Health Spartacus DVDs.

I actually think I could be overtraining!

Glad I stopped by. And I did follow the link to your blog, thank you. I haven't heard of the walking program but it could be great for my mom.

you rock!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the info in this thread!! Still not 100% sure which program I'm going to do next (I've done Insanity and T25 in the past), but this gives me some great information to use in making my decision.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the info in this thread!! Still not 100% sure which program I'm going to do next (I've done Insanity and T25 in the past), but this gives me some great information to use in making my decision.

We'll here is something else to think about. UFC Fit.
    https://www.ufcfit.com/
    http://ufcfit.com/the_program/