I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Whenever you use a calculator to figure out your calories that factors in your exercise you DO NOT eat your exercise calories back. So be honest with your exercise and go from there. Now if for some reason you do more exercise then what you calculated your calories at then go ahead and eat some back.

MFP does not add in exercise to your calorie equation thus it usually sticks people who want to lose 2 lbs a week at 1200 calories. This is why when someone looks at these other calories they are shocked at how high everyone else is in relation to MFP.

Try it yourself, try to work with your goals and change your exercise, you calories will change very, very little if at all because the way MFP is setup is to work your deficit into your eating and wants you to eat any exercise calories you "earn"

I have my calories set to include my exercise level and do NOT eat back my exercise calories and have been very successful at losing.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options

From the beginning of that page: "I got from 35% bodyfat to 3.5% bodyfat with it, in just a matter of 4 months"

Bull****.
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump to research later! I have hypothyroidism too so it's been slow goings!!
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am sure you could move around the numbers with a bit of thought. But I sure wish it automatically put the higher calories closer to the weekend... lol

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH! HAHA, I suppose you could just adjust that though....as long as you keep your workouts up..... :-)
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    im gonna try this.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of an old school diet called "The Rotation Diet" and I know that one worked! I am going to give it a shot when I get back next week. Thanks for sharing!
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump. just started this this week. let's see how it goes!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Definitely locking this away for later!

However, even with the zigzagging, the site suggests 1,535 or 1,408 calories/day whereas MFP has me at 1,250?! Hmmm :S
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Errrrrrr, I am so lost. I am going to have to do a lot of reading to figure this whole thing out, but if it works, I'm game to give it a try.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm def trying this!! I haven't lost weight or inches in months!!!
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have to run for a bit but I'll be happy to answer your questions when I get back. This has really been so wonderful to find and I just wanted to share with everyone. Like I said, I found a couple of posts about zig-zag calories here on mfp but they have been buried, so I'm not claiming that I invented this method at all but I found it on my own and it works :)
  • GloynByw
    GloynByw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :)
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bumpo-bump
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    There are some suspicious links on that page. Just a warning to all you gullible people.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting OP, this looks very interesting.

So, to be clear, the number given for fat loss is my NET for the day, right?
  • FearTheFool
    Options
    Interesting, this once again gave me higher calories than MFP (1,700 daily goal here- lowest 1,810 over there). I'm thinking I'm going through metabolism re-set at the moment, but if after my 2 month trial at 1,700 doesn't work out then I'll definitely try this.
  • Jack3r
    Jack3r Posts: 96
    Options
    bump for reading
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    How can YOU DISCOVER Something that OTHER People have been writing about FOR Years???!!! It's like telling the Native American Indians that Columbus DISCOVERED America! Just say...YOU LEARNED something that was NEW To YOU!

Get out of here! All you have to do is Eat Normally...which is "Zig Zag!!!" No one eats the same amount of calories each day, some days you naturally want more or less food or something sweet>>>That is why having a WEEKLY calorie goal is Important, same is true with an Exercise Routine. That's why it is CRAZY when people get upset when they eat more than they planned, let your Body DO its thing, heck, if you eat 300-500 excess calories one day, then eat fewer the next 2/3 days. CONSISTENCY DOES NOT MEAN EATING THE SAME CALORIES DAY IN AND DAY OUT...That's CRAZY (Same with An Exercise Routine.) People WILL eventually Learn about THEIR Body.

Wow, I think you need more fiber.