Options

Replies

• judge51182
    judge51182 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EllieNewOrleans
    Options
    bump for later..Thank you for sharing this :)))))
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is great! I tried calorie cycling a few months ago for a week or two, and it helped me break my plateau! Since then I've gone back to my regular way of calorie counting, because trying to plan food for different calorie goals each day was a little too time consuming.. but I'll definitely try it again if I get stuck again!

By the way, I totally love your MFP hack for changing the daily calorie goal... wish I'd thought of that. Thanks for sharing!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The Holy Grail, you say? I don't need it...I've Already got one.....its Verrrrrraaaaaaa Nice-ahhhh!!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have been considering zig zagging for awhile now . . .
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of a re-lose-a-thon but I never want to plateau again.
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Zig-Zag
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im gonna have to check this one out too, Thanks for the info ;-)
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Interesting... bump for later read.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    so my middle ground is 1389 . . . with a high of 1667 and a low of 1111 . . . . mfp has me set at 1350 a day but with exercise I am over 2000 on many days
    In all honesty the not counting exercise calories worries me- I like the extra calories on long run days because I am FRIGGEN hungry- but I don't want extra calories on non run days (if that makes sense). hmmmmm . . . .
    Here's my chart
    M FL EFL
    Monday 1736 1389 1072
    Tuesday 1389 1111 1072
    Wednesday 2083 1667 1287
    Thursday 1736 1389 1072
    Friday 1563 1250 1072
    Saturday 1910 1528 1180
    Sunday 1736 1389 1072
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I did a search in the forums and I only found a couple of topics that mentioned calorie zig-zag so I decided that I would make this post with instructions.

First things first: Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm fill out the form and click at the bottom where it says "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)"
    All you have to do is follow the schedule (weight loss and extreme weight loss) and you will start to lose weight.

If this worked for me it HAS to work for you. Just to give you a little background, I am 31 years old, 5'2 and my highest weight was 170lbs. I have hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. The combination of metabolic disorders has made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight with just diet and exercise. I've tried low cal (1200) , total energy expenditure with a deficit (2000) and everything in between that range; low fat, low carb, you name it! nothing has really worked until I tried calorie cycling.

I have been doing this for over 5 weeks and I have been losing 1lb each week consistently by following the weight loss schedule. If I plateau again I will try the extreme weight loss but so far so good.
    I wanted to post this the first week I lost weight but I wanted to make sure that it really worked before getting your hopes up.

To adjust myfitnesspal I customized my calorie goals to my lowest calorie day ( tuesdays for me) and created 6 work outs with the calorie adjustments so I can just add it each day and count my calories the regular way. For example:
    My daily calorie is set up at 1298
    Then I add a "Monday zig-zag" exercise that I set up at 325 calories, this sets my Monday net calories to 1623
    Do the same each day with a pre-set work out for each day and you are done.

Hope this helps!!!

How can YOU DISCOVER Something that OTHER People have been writing about FOR Years???!!! It's like telling the Native American Indians that Columbus DISCOVERED America! Just say...YOU LEARNED something that was NEW To YOU!

Get out of here! All you have to do is Eat Normally...which is "Zig Zag!!!" No one eats the same amount of calories each day, some days you naturally want more or less food or something sweet>>>That is why having a WEEKLY calorie goal is Important, same is true with an Exercise Routine. That's why it is CRAZY when people get upset when they eat more than they planned, let your Body DO its thing, heck, if you eat 300-500 excess calories one day, then eat fewer the next 2/3 days. CONSISTENCY DOES NOT MEAN EATING THE SAME CALORIES DAY IN AND DAY OUT...That's CRAZY (Same with An Exercise Routine.) People WILL eventually Learn about THEIR Body.

I'm not sure if you can read or not, but she did say that she found out about it....not that she discovered it...."Discovered" is no where in her post anywhere. There's no reason to be so negative or rude to someone that is simply trying to share something with others that worked for her.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Need tocheck this out when I am not on my phone!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    so my understanding is that you eat the same amount of calories each week but change on a daily basis so you "trick" your body. i might try this...but maybe not as precise/exact as OP and website.
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kimgravel
    kimgravel Posts: 32
    Options
    bump
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I did a search in the forums and I only found a couple of topics that mentioned calorie zig-zag so I decided that I would make this post with instructions.

First things first: Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm fill out the form and click at the bottom where it says "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)"
    All you have to do is follow the schedule (weight loss and extreme weight loss) and you will start to lose weight.

If this worked for me it HAS to work for you. Just to give you a little background, I am 31 years old, 5'2 and my highest weight was 170lbs. I have hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. The combination of metabolic disorders has made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight with just diet and exercise. I've tried low cal (1200) , total energy expenditure with a deficit (2000) and everything in between that range; low fat, low carb, you name it! nothing has really worked until I tried calorie cycling.

I have been doing this for over 5 weeks and I have been losing 1lb each week consistently by following the weight loss schedule. If I plateau again I will try the extreme weight loss but so far so good.
    I wanted to post this the first week I lost weight but I wanted to make sure that it really worked before getting your hopes up.

To adjust myfitnesspal I customized my calorie goals to my lowest calorie day ( tuesdays for me) and created 6 work outs with the calorie adjustments so I can just add it each day and count my calories the regular way. For example:
    My daily calorie is set up at 1298
    Then I add a "Monday zig-zag" exercise that I set up at 325 calories, this sets my Monday net calories to 1623
    Do the same each day with a pre-set work out for each day and you are done.

Hope this helps!!!

How can YOU DISCOVER Something that OTHER People have been writing about FOR Years???!!! It's like telling the Native American Indians that Columbus DISCOVERED America! Just say...YOU LEARNED something that was NEW To YOU!

Get out of here! All you have to do is Eat Normally...which is "Zig Zag!!!" No one eats the same amount of calories each day, some days you naturally want more or less food or something sweet>>>That is why having a WEEKLY calorie goal is Important, same is true with an Exercise Routine. That's why it is CRAZY when people get upset when they eat more than they planned, let your Body DO its thing, heck, if you eat 300-500 excess calories one day, then eat fewer the next 2/3 days. CONSISTENCY DOES NOT MEAN EATING THE SAME CALORIES DAY IN AND DAY OUT...That's CRAZY (Same with An Exercise Routine.) People WILL eventually Learn about THEIR Body.

I'm not sure if you can read or not, but she did say that she found out about it....not that she discovered it...."Discovered" is no where in her post anywhere. There's no reason to be so negative or rude to someone that is simply trying to share something with others that worked for her.

Plus, to be fair, 'Discover' means exactly that anyway - to become aware of a fact or situation.

I think the question to pose back at the poster of that message is - "What are you really mad about?"
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This is what it tells me:

Monday 2205 1764 1384
    Tuesday 1764 1411 1384
    Wednesday 2646 2117 1661
    Thursday 2205 1764 1384
    Friday 1984 1588 1384
    Saturday 2425 1940 1523
    Sunday 2205 1764 1384

I want to start with the extreme fat loss to get over this plateau that I have been on for months now. So, for example, on Monday I need to eat 1384 calories. Does this mean I don't count exercise calories? It's just a flat 1384 calories?