Body by Vi scam

Options

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Snake oil! All of it. I can't stand these get rich/lose weight quick schemes. They make me violently angry. I think I just don't like people making money off of other people's gullibility and laziness. One of my best pals started selling this **** and so I went to her party. Snake oil! Amazing claims with nothing to back them up.
    One more time for full effect.... SNAKE OIL!

*ETA - It's fine if you're using this for the calorie control and the convenience, but don't believe it's going to work any magic. It's just powdered food and your body doesn't know it's full of magic snake oil sprinkles.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Body By Vi ingredients have a Trisorb type of protein...
    STOP NOW YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO EAT THOSE LITTLE ENVELOPES! THEY ARE DESIGNED TO ABSORB OXYGEN IN PACKAGING!

[img]http://catalog.adcoa.net/ImgMedium/tri-sorb 1 (2).jpg[/img]

:laugh: :laugh:
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have friends that are using the product and they have lost massive weight and have experienced no side effects. I am doing my research before I buy into it. You do not have to participate in the "pyramid" part.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It's extremely annoying. My sister in law swears by it (and has lost next to no weight) and I continue to tell her about this site.

i remember i told someone at work about this site, and they thought it was a scam. i showed them some success pics and they thought they were selling features...she really didn't get it. instead she did the cookie diet! and she is STILL fat.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    BUMP...
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    You know even with all the weight I've lost so far, I still have people trying to sell me on their get thin quick schemes (my friend is doing something called Advocare and tried to get me to look into it)....it's not rocket science people.....eat less, move more. They look in amazement when they ask what 'plan' I have been on and I say eat less, move more...like who sells that product? It amazes me what people are willing to pay for that they can get for free with a little hard work and common sense. I am so glad I finally woke up and got off that roller coaster. TRUE STORY!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You replace a meal with a protein shake.. this isn't some new found knowledge. Clearly if you drink a 200 cal shake instead of eating a 500 cal lunch, you'll lose weight. You cut calories.
    It's a scam because people think that it's some magical shake that makes you lose weight. It makes me laugh.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think they're all scams, i don't want to have to spend a bunch of money to lose weight when i can do it just by exercising (free) and eating right......there is no miracle or overnight cure...just a bunch of gimmicks.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Is trisorb a real word? lol

Yep, it means to absorb things (proteins?) three times as fast!

Kidding. It's what I think when I read the word though. :laugh:
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I like network marketing , home-based businesses....however....this one is quickly getting a bad reputation from it's sales reps for being very pushy and not disclosing all the facts up front. (Kinda like AMWAY got a bad rep too for the same reasons).

I read something that another MFP user said in a similar forum post that said," Nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, replaces learning to eat healthy and exercising"

So true....I don't think supplementing one meal with a shake is bad or even two meals....but please do not treat this shake or company as if it offering some MIRACLE weight loss secret to the world.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! It kills me to see people posting on the boards "Has anyone tried Super-Magic-Slim Pills?? Do they work??"

NO!!! THEY DON'T WORK!! Go for a run and eat something healthy!!!

Um.. where can I get these Super-Magic-Slim Pills, please?? :bigsmile:

I need to start my own MLM company and sell them. I'd be a millionaire overnight LOL.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I do the same, but I make my shake with milk, greek yogurt, frozen berries and a scoop of whey protein isolate, which is technically still processed, but has a much better list of ingredients than the Vi shakes. Compare:

http://www.northcoastnaturals.com/products/isoprotein.php
    http://www.bodybyvishape.com/bodybyvi_nutrition/
    [/quote]

:heart:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't totally agree.. I use the shake because it is convenient for me. I am a single mom of 2 kids and some mornings I don't have time to sit and eat a meal-actually I never do have the time.. So I have a shake. My nutrition otherwise is pretty good. I eat 1300 cals and I EAT ALOT becuase I choose the right foods to fill me up.

I do the same, but I make my shake with milk, greek yogurt, frozen berries and a scoop of whey protein isolate, which is technically still processed, but has a much better list of ingredients than the Vi shakes. Compare:

Me too, I use shake mix, milk, fruit. I actually decided next time I will just buy a shake mix from a nutrition store becuase I hate paying shipping :) Thanks for the links
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

[/quote]

:heart:
    [/quote]

Do you ever put flaxseed oil in your shake?? I have seen a few receipes with this in it.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Do you ever put flaxseed oil in your shake?? I have seen a few receipes with this in it.
    [/quote]

If I need more fat, yes, but I use ground flaxseed instead of the flax oil.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So much negativity!

I just ordered these shakes. Why? Not to lose weight, but if I do great! I got them to help tone up and so I actually am able to eat something better than fast food or having to cook dinner at midnight. I'm to busy with school, work, working out and keeping up with social obligations. I can't pack food around with me all the time because it will go bad in my car and I don't have anywhere to go cook things on the go. So shakes are good for my life style right now. It didn't put me out paying for it because I spend more buying food from the store to eat than I do ordering this.

I don't believe in taking pills/shakes to go from a size 24 to a 4. You get what you put out. If you don't work your *kitten* off to get in the shape you want to be in, it isn't going to happen. But I also don't believe in knocking something before you try it. So I plan on trying the 90 day challenge to see what it does so that I can know for myself. I've seen at least one person lose a great amount of weight on probably every diet out there, but I've also seen everyone fail on every diet out there. It all depends on the person.

Try things before bashing them, but DO your research. Some of you are idiots (no offense) who would drink radio active waste if it was put in a pretty bottle that said it would make you lose weight... And remember you do have to put in major effort to make things work. You cant sit on the couch watching jersey shore and expect to shed pound.

Also I agree that all you people trying to sell your products on here need to GTFO! You can try selling your products all you want to me, but it is a waste of time because if I do decided to try it I do to Amazon beezy!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Try things before bashing them, but DO your research.
    One can do the proper research, see that the product is overpriced, and that much better alternatives exist, and then bash it. Why would one have to try it to know that it sucks? I don't have to eat dog poop to know that it's not going to be beneficial to me.
    Some of you are idiots (no offense)...
    :huh:
    ...who would drink radio active waste if it was put in a pretty bottle that said it would make you lose weight...
    Unlike the folks that believe everything that the Body by Vi label says as scripture and guzzle it down, right?
    So much negativity!
    Oh, the irony.

:flowerforyou:
  • kimmiej0
    kimmiej0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WOW - not been on myfitnesspal long but for sure this is one of the most entertaining threads I've read. I do body by vi, I lost and gained and lost and gained much like most people and found it is easier and more convenient for me. The thing I notice most is the increase in energy, not the weightloss all though I have lost more, and inches lost good gosh! I actually feel like getting off the couch which I struggled with before. I think that people need to do what works for them. If my replacing two meals a day with a shake is what works for me then people should support me in that. Course I don't sell it, I dont push it, and I dont share :). If someone wants to try it Ill hook them up with a friend who does sell it, but for me, this is a personal journey. Ive done advocare, years ago, ive done weightwatchers, and 100's of other "quick fixes". For me drinking the shakes, which taste fantastic, keep me where I need to be calorie wise, provide me with the nutrients I need, the energy I need and it works for me. Its ok if its not your choice, I support you in what ever you chose to do. However, not only did i spend three months researching the shakes, I spoke to my team of doctors which include a cardiologist, an oncologist, and my family doctor. Each of them encouraged me as one of them said after reading the ingredients, yep looks like a meal in a glass. So for me, it works, its easy, it truly has saved me money on my grocery bill (ALOT) it tastes good, and its good for me.

Of course as I said, I dont sell it.... this is the most you could consider ive promoted it since i started it. On the other side of that coin another friend of mine is highly involved in Advocare and loves it, its what works for him....That said for those of you that are so aggravated that your friends and co workers are constantly trying to promote mlm things to you, why dont you be honest and let them know your not interested. A thanks but no thanks may go along way in saving you aggravation.

And last, kudos to you all who have been able to make the change in your life just by eating healthy, you are not in the majority, so you should be proud of yourselves for making positive changes.
  • cchartrand1978
    cchartrand1978 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been on the body by vi shakes for about 13 days now. I have not lost any weight but I feel good. I love how easy it is just to whip up a shake in the morning. I will say this, I think these shakes have better ingredients than the food I was eating before, and probably Mcdonalds for that matter.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Agreed. It's so annoying, that I had to actually hide one of my good friends from my facebook newsfeed because all I saw was Body By Vi crap everyday.