Replies

• UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Scam... or cult?! :noway:

^^^ This
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate......but I started taking it and my hair grew back, my blood pressure dropped, cholesterol and blood glucose dropped.....I lost 85 lbs and my I grew 6 inches. Best stuff I have ever had.....
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not all MLM's are scams. Amway gave the industry a bad name. There are a good deal of MLM's that are profitable and which I am sure a lot of you buy from: Avom, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Simpata, even the sex toy companies that hold in house parties. The issue is when the promisd payment gets stupid and there is no way that the money can be distributed the way they claim like with Amway.

I currently am in a MLM company and the money earned is capped.

Do your research before participating in any sort of business opportunity but don't blast an entire industry because of a few bad companies.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This thread is going to be locked crazy fast but I'm going to get my two cents in ...

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH people !!

It's not a pyramid scam (pyramid scams don't involve legit products).
    The product(s) are tried and true, taste incredible and get this ... THEY WORK ! (as do just about every other health and fitness challenge that you actually COMMIT to)
    The product is NOT overpriced, it's actually quite reasonable.

Oh by the way ... BBVi has gone MAINSTREAM and guess who has just partnered with them ... THE BIGGEST LOSER !!
    Success leaves clues.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Try things before bashing them, but DO your research.
    One can do the proper research, see that the product is overpriced, and that much better alternatives exist, and then bash it. Why would one have to try it to know that it sucks? I don't have to eat dog poop to know that it's not going to be beneficial to me.
    Some of you are idiots (no offense)...
    :huh:
    ...who would drink radio active waste if it was put in a pretty bottle that said it would make you lose weight...
    Unlike the folks that believe everything that the Body by Vi label says as scripture and guzzle it down, right?
    So much negativity!
    Oh, the irony.

:flowerforyou:

you forgot to add "I got them to help tone up"
    LOL
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I do not wish to drink your protein, and I really won't pay for the privilege.

And THAT is what SHE said.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Trisorb?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You all know that pyramid schemes are illegal, right? An MLM is just a different way of marketing products to the public. Instead of going to the store, you get it from an independent marketer. This allows the manufacturer (or provider) to save on overhead and distibute the products at a lower price (or have a greater profit margin).

Buying these shakes is no different than going to GNC and buying Muscle Milk. The difference is who gets paid. When you buy from GNC, you pay the store, they in turn pay their staff starting from the president, down to the board of directors, to the stores, to the store clerks, etc (kind of looks like a pyramid - huh?).

When you buy from an MLM, the money gets distributed within that company in a simmilar fashion.

NOW: as for the shakes - If you like them, AND you exercise, AND they are a part of your fitness plan, good for you. IF you are drinking the shakes ONLY and doing nothing else, you may as well change your name to Cartman
    image005.jpg
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I always end up just getting angry in threads like these, but hey ho I'll wade in anyway :wink:

I would get annoyed if someone just tried to promote something to me repeatedly, just like I do with some of my friends who have just started running Ann Summers parties and use facebook to spam about their availability constantly.

But on the other hand, if someone wants to try a supplement, a meal shake, or whatever else they think will help them to lose weight, then let them try it. Either it will work, or it won't, and it doesn't do anyone else any harm. Even if there is no scientific proof, the placebo effect can work wonders for a lot of people!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    The important thing that I have learn when it come to protein is this:

Whey protein may say 24-54 g on the package but HOW MUCH OF IT is ACTUALLY getting absorbed into your cells?

Body By Vi ingredients have a Trisorb type of protein that has been proven to absorb every ounce of protein you ingest.

Regular Whey protein does not!! Do a google search!! I research all this information before I started the Body By Vi Challenge.

Ok, aside from the patented "trisorb" product nonsense... what macro in any product is 100% absorbed? I mean, how gullible are you?
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I tell ya what... using MFP has helped me tremendously, and all for free. Not only has it given me the tools (free) and knowledge base (free) that I needed, it has also made me make better food choices which in turn has made me lose weight. I'm not going to throw my money away on scams.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I did P90X I didn't follow their meal plan or buy their food products (shakeology). I cooked and ate my own meals, slowly making healthier ingredient substitutions to continue to enjoy the foods I love w/o the excess calories. I make my own shakes using fresh fruits and all natural yogurt so I know exactly that's in it, as opposed to the processed, unpronouceable ingredients in a lot of these shakes. Not to mention all those changes were much cheaper than any "diet" supplement (pill, shake, etc.) out there.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Trisorb?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I only eat quadsorb protein
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks this is just a new Pyramid scheme?

Of course you are going to lose weight with just drinking shakes, exercising, and eating right. Why spend all of that money or WORSE yet, try to get your friends to buy so YOU don't have to pay for it. And it really drives me nuts that they congratulate each other and "oooo" and "aaaahhh" on each other's FB pages (I have a FB buddy that is doing it and has tried to sell it to me several times).

Tell me what ya'll think, maybe I'm just looking at it wrong.

It actually isn't a pyramid scheme. I saw it explained on a previous post.
    But I do know what you mean!
    I actually do Herbalife and am an independent distributor but I refuse to TRY and sell it cause its so annoying when that's all that they talk about!!
    I have a cousin who just started Body by Vi and she used to never post and now that's all she posts.
    Hopefully her excitement dies down because I know I will start being annoyed by her!

I don't know about Body by Vi but with Herbalife you get all the same nutrients in a multivitamin and a glass of milk.
    (unless you're concerned about the care of dairy cows or are lactose intolerant or concerned for milk hormones there's virtually no point for Herbalife--body by vi, I don't know their nutritional content so I can't say.)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have been on the product for about a month and must say I feel fantastic. I am not pressured to sell the product and am finding that I put more fruits and nutrients in my body rather than the junk food that I was used to eating. I did have the protion control down but with three kids with very busy schedules and working at home I needed something fast yet healthy that I would not get bored with. Again, I do no selling and this is strictly for my benefit. If someone asks me what I am doing then I will give them information.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I :heart: THIS THREAD!!

MLM's are scams. (Like I've said in 19 threads just today I think). Amway, Cutco, Body By Vi, Shakeology, Herbalife.. all scams designed to rob good people of their money with pushy sales tactics and lies.

And if you see ANYONE promoting any of them on this site please report them. You'll be doing other people a favor by keeping them from getting suckered.

They prey on those trying to lose weight. It's disgusting. With their magic drinks. Piss off already!

:heart:
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you don't like BBV or any other MLM simply tell whom ever is talking to you about it "No, Thank you , I'm not interested" and leave it at that . No need to be upset about something so not worth it. Anyway getting yourself worked up will cause stress and we don't need that in our bodies , it makes it that much harder to lose the weight .

Not trying to step on toes just saying what t I felt.
  • stephelan
    stephelan Posts: 81
    Options
    Ugh, I'm with the above poster. To each their own, people. No need to get rude about it.

Everyone has a different body and a different mind so different things work for different people. It pisses me off to see people who, three months ago, would eat fast food four times a day but SUDDENLY HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT and will put down anyone who doesn't prepare every single meal from scratch and all-natural ingredients.

Maybe Body By Vi is a mental thing for some people, like a placebo? So who are you to know THEIR hard work and efforts? We're all on this site for the similar reasons and it grosses me out to see people's holier than thou and downright rude replies.

As a bit of an example, I haven't been logging for about a month now (out of frustration) because I went ALMOST TWO YEARS of logging, eating right and working out every day with about a SEVEN POUND LOSS. When I did SlimFast before that, I lost 20 pounds in three months and, guess what? It hasn't come back. My friend swears by WeightWatchers and has lost 35 pounds doing it. Me? I gained 12 pounds in three weeks when I tried it. What I'm trying to say is that I enjoy eating right but I'm open to trying different things to find out JUST what works for me. Please respect others' decisions as well.
  • TabethaH5
    TabethaH5 Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree with you stephelan
  • TiaWer
    TiaWer Posts: 9
    Options
    I have actually never heard of Body by Vi but based on what I am reading on here it sounds like an overpriced version of what you can buy at the grocery store.